PDA

View Full Version : 11 sleeps till Bathurst!!!

Charlie
28th September 2005, 09:07
Am a huge fan of motosport - no matter how many wheels... and this year I'm all set to jet across the tasman and watch the V8's trackside at Bathurst Sep 9!
Havent missed a race on TV since I was 9 years old and this is my first time being there in the flesh. SO EXCITED!

Any other KBers going????

Krayy
28th September 2005, 09:59
I didn't go to the race, but have had a drive around the mountain. Speed limited to 70km/h and the cops sit halfway down Conrod with radar, but dammit, going across the top of the mountain at 70 put the willies up you, let alone doing 160.

And this year I might even miss the telecast cos the wife got me a day at the Rally school run by Marty Rostenburg doing hot laps in a Scubi. God, I love her :eyepoke:

James Deuce
28th September 2005, 10:14
Didn't they used to race bikes at that track?

Apparently there's some sort of car race there now. Slow sedan things.

k14
28th September 2005, 10:14
Good shit, wish I could go to watch murph win it again. Guttered that I have a bucket race meeting down here that day, but I will only miss the first 3 or so hours of it. Yeah I know thats alot of racing but not much I can really do about it.

Sniper
28th September 2005, 10:15
Ahh bathurst. The sore losers race who couldn't handle being beaten by Jap cars so they banned them.

Motu
28th September 2005, 10:22
I hope it pisses down all day - I hate sitting inside on a nice fine day watching TV.

zadok
28th September 2005, 10:23
Onya. That should be a great event. But even better would be the MotoGP on 16 October, at Phillip Island. Love to get there one day.

Big Dave
28th September 2005, 10:31
Didn't they used to race bikes at that track?

Apparently there's some sort of car race there now. Slow sedan things.

Bores me to tears now too.
Bikes however - My mate Rusty won it once in open and class twice on 500 and got a 5th outright on a 250. (from memory)
Did the same sort of things at the Catrol 6 hour.

hXc
28th September 2005, 10:45
Bathurst is so boring. The classic Ford vs. Holden debate...The are the same with different badges basically. Get over it. I would rather watch fucking paint dry or something. Seriously, 2 wheels are much better. Hopefully I have buckets that day.

BigB
28th September 2005, 13:08
Am a huge fan of motosport - no matter how many wheels... and this year I'm all set to jet across the tasman and watch the V8's trackside at Bathurst Sep 9!
Havent missed a race on TV since I was 9 years old and this is my first time being there in the flesh. SO EXCITED!

Been there done that, full on piss trip :drinkup: . Camped up the top of Mt Panarama what a eye opener :niceone:

You'll have a ball

cheers

Sparky Bills
28th September 2005, 13:20

How big is th bag your taking???
Can i fit in there?
BATHURST ROCKS!!!!

Charlie
28th September 2005, 14:02
Been there done that, full on piss trip :drinkup: . Camped up the top of Mt Panarama what a eye opener :niceone:

You'll have a ball

cheers
Yeah we've got the tent all packed.
Friends went 2 years ago in the pouring rain. They said the camping grounds were as much fun and action as the track. Explosions in the middle of the night as people set fire to their gas cookers. Plenty of drunken "eye opener" behaviour... apparently in the morning the blokes would step out of their tents in nothing but their birthday suits and gummies; swing their towel over their shoulder and march proudly to the shower units! :niceone:

Sorry Sparkie, just a wee bag - how flexible are you?

NC
28th September 2005, 17:07
Woohoo! I'm all excited, one of our suppliers from work is putting a shout on :D

kiwisfly
28th September 2005, 17:35
Yeah we've got the tent all packed.
Friends went 2 years ago in the pouring rain. They said the camping grounds were as much fun and action as the track. Explosions in the middle of the night as people set fire to their gas cookers. Plenty of drunken "eye opener" behaviour... apparently in the morning the blokes would step out of their tents in nothing but their birthday suits and gummies; swing their towel over their shoulder and march proudly to the shower units! :niceone:

Sorry Sparkie, just a wee bag - how flexible are you?

Ya lucky buggar! Have an awesome experience.
I'm gonna have to make do with the work data projector thru the home theatre for the arvo although will stay well away from the sponsors product...bloody rabbit piss bloody Victoria Bitter!!!!!!

Slim
28th September 2005, 21:15
Onya. That should be a great event. But even better would be the MotoGP on 16 October, at Phillip Island. Love to get there one day.
Ahem. :whistle: :cool:

NotaGoth
28th September 2005, 21:28
SO EXCITED!

went to the V8 Supercars in puke one year was AWESOME. Can't imagine going to Bathurst. I'm sure you'll have plenty of fun. I wish I could go!!!! Think my old lady and little bro are planning on going. *jealous* lol :p

Storm
28th September 2005, 21:30
Ahh bathurst. The sore losers race who couldn't handle being beaten by Jap cars so they banned them.

Cracks me up every time I hear that . Still, each to his own eh

Charlie
29th September 2005, 08:24
Bathurst is so boring. The classic Ford vs. Holden debate...The are the same with different badges basically.
Thats kinda the idea! Its driver vs driver.

Sparky Bills
29th September 2005, 08:48
HOLDEN HOLDEN HOLDEN HOLDEN HOLDEN HOLDEN HOLDEN HOLDEN HOLDEN HOLDEN HOLDEN HOLDEN HOLDEN HOLDEN HOLDEN HOLDEN HOLDEN HOLDEN HOLDEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :headbang:

AND MURPH!!!!!

LB
30th September 2005, 05:13
There used to be a big bike meeting at Bathurst each Easter, from memory. Guys like Rodger Freeth and Graeme Crosby (plus others who don't spring to mind quickly) used to go over regularly.

Big Dave: who's your mate Rusty?

kiwisfly
30th September 2005, 10:34
HOLDEN HOLDEN HOLDEN HOLDEN HOLDEN HOLDEN HOLDEN HOLDEN HOLDEN HOLDEN HOLDEN HOLDEN HOLDEN HOLDEN HOLDEN HOLDEN HOLDEN HOLDEN HOLDEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :headbang:

AND MURPH!!!!!
The great brainwashed eh! :laugh:
I brought a Ford T-shirt just to piss my 12 year old son who has been sucked into the great Holden/Ford marketing & merchandising machine. I don't actually care which car manufacture wins as long as a kiwi is driving!
Still.........FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
oh and Murph! :done:

Sniper
30th September 2005, 10:38
Cracks me up every time I hear that . Still, each to his own eh

I suppose so, I just like bike racing so I don't mind lol.