PDA

View Full Version : Gasket paper

ir0nslash
22nd February 2016, 20:12
hey guys

ive got a kawasaki zzr 250 1994 , its getting harder to find gaskets for it , or im not looking in the right place

but i was wondering if you guys have used gasket paper before and made your own ?? i see 0.5mm or 0.8 mm thick on trademe for sale , just wondering what you guys think and if it is any good what thickness ..

thanks

spanner spinner
22nd February 2016, 20:32
get the same thickness as the current gasket that is fitted as the spacing of some covers is critical, a to thick gasket can cause oil feeds to drop pressure with the expected results or a clutch lifter that won't allow the clutch to clear meaning that the clutch coastally drags. Also check your old gasket for all relevant oil feed holes as I have seen to many results of I can make that at home cheaper cutting off oil supply because some one missed a critical feed hole.

OddDuck
22nd February 2016, 21:22
I bought a few sizes from Repco a while ago - I forget the brand but it was reputable.

Easy to work with - scissors, knife, wad punch etc. The stuff I bought came in roughly A4 sized sheets, rolled up, but I'm sure they could do bigger.

The only caveat I'd give is that the stuff was quite soft and needed bolts re-tightening a few weeks after installation.

ir0nslash
25th February 2016, 20:24
thanks alot for the info guys , helps alot