PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone want to go shopping with a new buyer? Mt Wellington/Botany

Kitt
26th February 2016, 20:45
Kick some tyres, do a test ride, maybe give me some advice on negotiating with the dealer... you will be rewarded for your time of course, I'm thinking a bottle of your favourite spirit and/or lunch?

I don't have the mechanical knowledge to suss out what's wrong even with an old bomber, and this one is a 2011 model. Presumably with its best face on after a trip through the dealer's workshop. I could make whatever time is good for you. I'm not sure if new KB members can send PMs so please send one to me if you are willing.

Cheers

Kit

Akzle
27th February 2016, 05:06
we would need pics of your tits before we can make an accurate determination

The Baron
27th February 2016, 07:26
Hi Kitt

Sorry I can't help you with the bike (to far away) but it sounds like an adventure. Buying bikes is always fun.

Please tell us all about the bike - I think you may answer some of our own questions as you do.

The make and model - year is 2011 - kms - number of owners - is it clean eg. tyres good, paint good, no visable damage / scratches etc.

Sit on it. Take it for a ride. Most of all, does it make you smile?

I wish you all the best in your search.

Ride safe.
Glen

Black Knight
27th February 2016, 08:34
Back to making assumptions again-dickhead!

Kitt
27th February 2016, 11:22

http://ci.memecdn.com/896/4172896.jpg

There you go virgin loser, get out your Astroglide

Cheers Glen, it's a Scorpio, 27400 K, it looks pretty tidy. I used to ride in Aussie years ago: I was prepared to be rusty... very rusty... but I'm even worse than I thought. Not really qualified to do a test ride sadly :) and I haven't even done the theory yet. I wouldn't ride someone else's bike at my current skill level, let alone try a test ride. I remember riding one of these years ago - briefly - and I liked it a lot. I'll ride mostly around the city with the odd blat as far as say Cambridge or Taupo. I think 225cc will be sweet for me for quite a while. Have nothing to prove about the size of my cock.

Cheers

Akzle
27th February 2016, 11:52
you sick fuck.

Also, go for a jog.

eldog
27th February 2016, 11:57
it's a Scorpio, 27400 K, it looks pretty tidy.. I'll ride mostly around the city with the odd blat as far as say Cambridge or Taupo. I think 225cc will be sweet for me for quite a while.

Check out its service history
Is it from a dealer?
Does it have the original tyres? - not so flash in the wet.
have a look at some other specimens at other places if your unsure

They are pretty good
you need to keep an eye on the oil level on longer trips, but Taupo is a decent/easy trip for the bike
You will be able to do 100+ most of the time, only the hills will be a problem
fuel range between 250-300+ depends on how you ride and the conditions (300 eco, 250 normal)
they usually just need the choke to start when cold and you can turn that off either after you put your gloves/helmet etc or after you ride down the road for a bit, you will get the hang of it.
If you forget you will find the bike going a bit faster from what you get used to LOL
The position is great for visibility, just try and keep sitting still but relaxed (its not a sports bike-but it can feel like it, its so light) and the riding will improve - ie relax

The lights are good and Ventura make a nice pack rack - can be fiddly to fit but take your time, its worth it.
The clutch is light and its handy to have the centre stand.
the brakes although not sports bike provide reasonable feel and do stop the bike.

Most owners chop off the rear part of the gear lever, it can get caught on the rear of your boot and give you moments of WTF when you lest expect it.

Don't expect sports bike acceleration, when riding with others go at your own pace (a fact I wished I knew when I started)

Sorry cant help you otherwise.

Most important:
your not just buying a bike your getting an experience. (new bikes-new experiences they are all different)
Ride it-often (not like me)
relax when riding
have fun out there :scooter:
own the road - be aware of others - most cant see or hear you.
wait till you are proficient at 100 ks BEFORE joining a rider group
ps. good to see you have a sense of humour

SVboy
27th February 2016, 12:45
you sick fuck.

Also, go for a jog.

Haha, you got owned again, loser!

Kitt
27th February 2016, 12:47
Yep a dealer. This fits with what I've heard about them, didn't have too much use for the choke in Aussie but sounds like it can give me a bit more for hills or overtaking (jk). I'm quite happy at 100K, especially on something smallish like this, and won't go riding with anyone who doesn't like that. I'll be riding a fair bit but not commuting, and want some rider training ASAP too. Feeling good about the plan for a Scorpio so far, it's just about the state of this particular one.

Thanks all

Akzle
27th February 2016, 13:16
if that is in fact you, you are in fact a fat cunt, and subjecting a measley 225 pot, in a bike that likely weighs less than you,,, subjecting it, to your ass... Well, it isn't fair. Nor would i think sensible or safe.

Get moar CCs, and bigger stopping things.

kiwi-on-wheels
27th February 2016, 13:31
I see you've met akzle, just ignore him, most do :-P
South Auckland Street skills (sass) meet on a Tuesday night at the z station in takanini, nice bunch of people who are more than happy to point you in the right direction.

As for the bike, check service history, and if you like it, why the hell not. Enjoy!!!

PrincessBandit
27th February 2016, 13:40
if that is in fact you, you are in fact a fat cunt, and subjecting a measley 225 pot, in a bike that likely weighs less than you,,, subjecting it, to your ass... Well, it isn't fair. Nor would i think sensible or safe.

Don't be embarrassed that he found your grindr profile pic. We still love you for what you are. Whatever it is.

Kitt
27th February 2016, 13:40
Oh he's IGNORED as of a few hours ago lol but good to know, I won't ask what he said. I plan on SASS too. Need to regain my skillz and develop some new ones.

eldog
27th February 2016, 15:25
Oh he's IGNORED as of a few hours ago lol but good to know, I won't ask what he said. I plan on SASS too. Need to regain my skillz and develop some new ones.
Re - Akzle, your better off turning him back on (LOL) when he isn't giving you shit (or anyone) he can be quite helpful - like most on here. Just ignore what you don't wanna see, it's KB.

get your confidence/skill back so your comfortable when you ride with others.

if you don't have a license get yourself a Basic Handling Skill Test - so your on the road.
then the road code for mbikes, it's all computer based, do some online tests to get confident.
take your time at the test.

then use CBTA to shorten your time before you get the full 12 vs 18 months. The restricted test is a little 'harder' but it's easy if you are comfortable in your skills and not an idiot.

have fun, time will pass so quickly, then you will have your full. Don't put it off like me. Do it now.:argh:

Tazz
27th February 2016, 16:02
I know of a Scorpio in good nick for sale in Picton/Ward if you're interested. Forget the KM's but sub 10,000. I had a hoon on it a few weeks ago, comfortable machines.

I plan on SASS too.

Surprised that sweat is confined to just your arse considering the size of you :laugh:

jasonu
27th February 2016, 17:42
South Auckland Street skills

!!!

Sounds like some sort of coconut 'how to' robbing and graffiti course...

caseye
27th February 2016, 19:07

Sis is gunna smoke yer ass for that degrog, degreg, um nasty remark.

caspernz
27th February 2016, 19:34

From a distance...we be so brave...:clap:

Sis is gunna smoke yer ass for that degrog, degreg, um nasty remark.

Patience is a virtue innit?

jasonu
28th February 2016, 06:55
From a distance...we be so brave...:clap:

Mate I went to Mt. Albert Grammar in the 1980's. I know what I am talking about.

Scubbo
28th February 2016, 07:43
There is a pretty fresh one ~600km going in wellington for a little less, the botany honda one us overpriced for the k's. I was looking at it the other day

Kitt
28th February 2016, 12:17
Thanks Tazz and Scubbo but those are a bit too far for me to sort out. I know you pay a bit more to the dealer unfortunately, but considering I don't have a workshop or garage, or much mechanical knowledge, I guess I'll be okay with that for a warranty and a bit more peace of mind. Even easy stuff like the oil service and maintaining the chain will be firsts for me (someone else owned the bikes I've ridden before). I did the BHS cert recently and that's when I was horrified to find that my skillz had deteriorated even more than what I had expected, will do the theory as soon as my Road Code arrives. Probably a bit of coaching and bumbling round and then the CBTA pretty soon after.

And nah that's not my photo, it's Akzle's mum.

Erelyes
28th February 2016, 13:32
And nah that's not my photo, it's Akzle's mum.

You'll fit in here nicely.

Um, I started on a Scorpio. Great bike for the first 6 months but after that you'll want something different. It's just the way of the world.

Don't be afraid of second hand. Warranty isn't going to really come into it - you're only gonna have it a short period of time, and they are reliable.

Richard Mc F
28th February 2016, 20:04
There is a pretty fresh one ~600km going in wellington for a little less, the botany honda one us overpriced for the k's. I was looking at it the other day

it has pretty tires

caseye
28th February 2016, 20:23
it has pretty tires

Oh No, here it comes, go easy on em Rich, they don't know who you is!

nzspokes
28th February 2016, 20:28
Scorpio is a perfect starter bike.

From memory they were $3495 new? Could be wrong on that.

jasonu
29th February 2016, 07:34

Like these little shits...
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=11597270

Richard Mc F
1st March 2016, 18:26
Oh No, here it comes, go easy on em Rich, they don't know who you is!

Inrernational man of mystery

You still doing the SATNR?

caseye
1st March 2016, 18:33
Inrernational man of mystery

You still doing the SATNR?

Yep, had a few old hands out last week, might even be a few more this week.
When you coming out for a play?

Kitt
2nd March 2016, 10:09
Cheers Richard, was wondering what kind of tyres on her actually?

Kit

Richard Mc F
3rd March 2016, 22:35
Cheers Richard, was wondering what kind of tyres on her actually?

Kit

Metzler Lazertesc, ME33 front and ME55 rearh
I have no life I can remember tires on a commuter bike........oh wait 40 odd kms around east aucks on a CH250 Spacy, some on foot paths, walk ways and foot "overbridges"

One or two small beers

trufflebutter
4th March 2016, 15:15
Kick some tyres, do a test ride, maybe give me some advice on negotiating with the dealer... you will be rewarded for your time of course, I'm thinking a bottle of your favourite spirit and/or lunch?

I don't have the mechanical knowledge to suss out what's wrong even with an old bomber, and this one is a 2011 model. Presumably with its best face on after a trip through the dealer's workshop. I could make whatever time is good for you. I'm not sure if new KB members can send PMs so please send one to me if you are willing.

Cheers

Kit

Hi Kitt, there won't be much (if anything) wrong with a 2011 bike, safe guarded in part by the warranty buying from a Motorcycle Dealer. You have obviously done some searching to get to the 'go have a look' stage? If you are comfortable on the bike, your feet reach the ground and it gives you that 'yeah baby' indigenous eye brow wiggle, then it could be the bike for you. Just don't be pressured into a purchase, if it does not feel right, leave it.