PDA

View Full Version : A newbie ride?

SlowHand
28th September 2005, 15:29
Not sure if Im allowed to request one of these but here it goes.

I think there was one before, organised by Keystone I think. Basically after someone/people to take me along for a ride. I've only riden 500kms so far, going to muriwai, up old north, coatesville etc. im pretty keen to see how people take corners, what lines they take and give me advise. And if there are a few ppl into it, then it could be an organised ride?

I live in Kumeu by the way.

Cheers in advance

Sniper
28th September 2005, 15:32
Yea of course you are allowed to ask others to go for rides mate. Thats what KB is about.

Might pay to put a thread in the Meetings and Events section though

Krayy
28th September 2005, 16:25
Well this Saturday is as good as any....we'll put a notice in the Meetings/Events forum for "Breaking Albins group ride cherry " to head up SH16 and West Cost rd to Warkworth.

Whaddaya reckon??

ManDownUnder
28th September 2005, 16:30
Well this Saturday is as good as any....we'll put a notice in the Meetings/Events forum for "Breaking Albins group ride cherry " to head up SH16 and West Cost rd to Warkworth.

Whaddaya reckon??

Check the weather - but hell yeah!

I'll have room for a pillion if wanted
MDU

The Stranger
28th September 2005, 16:35
There is a Ride Right Ride Safe course run by BRONZ on the third Sunday of each month at the Whenuapai air base.
Cost is $45.00

Its a pretty good starting point.

You can PM me or go to the BRONZ web site if you want contacts or more info.

Qkchk
28th September 2005, 16:38
Goin up Ol' North Road and then onto Peak Road is an awesome strop. You could make a loop out of it and turn down to Waitoki along Kauri Flats then turn right onto the old State Highway 1, go past Redvale Tip then turn right onto ?Sunnyside Road?, then back onto Riverhead - Coastville Rd. I know the roads like the back of my hand out there, could organise a romp.

ManDownUnder
28th September 2005, 16:44
Goin up Ol' North Road and then onto Peak Road is an awesome strop. You could make a loop out of it and turn down to Waitoki along Kauri Flats then turn right onto the old State Highway 1, go past Redvale Tip then turn right onto ?Sunnyside Road?, then back onto Riverhead - Coastville Rd. I know the roads like the back of my hand out there, could organise a romp.

I hear ya LOL...

There are some awesome roads out that way, and I'm guilty of not knowing nearly enough about them...

Phurrball
28th September 2005, 17:14
Not sure if Im allowed to request one of these but here it goes.

I think there was one before, organised by Keystone I think. Basically after someone/people to take me along for a ride. I've only riden 500kms so far, going to muriwai, up old north, coatesville etc. im pretty keen to see how people take corners, what lines they take and give me advise. And if there are a few ppl into it, then it could be an organised ride?

I live in Kumeu by the way.

Cheers in advance

Keep us posted! I'm at about the same stage as you Albin. 500 odd kms under the belt - mainly commuting.

I'm out west too, and weather permitting, I'd :love: to go for a 'proper' ride.

(I'm also hindered by the fact I don't know D'Auckland all that well, having only been here since the start of the year...)

ManDownUnder
28th September 2005, 17:34
Keep us posted! I'm at about the same stage as you Albin. 500 odd kms under the belt - mainly commuting.

I'm out west too, and weather permitting, I'd :love: to go for a 'proper' ride.

(I'm also hindered by the fact I don't know D'Auckland all that well, having only been here since the start of the year...)

Find Kumeu mate - we'll sort the rest out for you.

SlowHand
28th September 2005, 17:44

Whaddaya reckon??

Ima lookin', but I ainta findin'!

Might need a few pitsops though. I think the range on mine is about 180ish with the reserve- not confirmed yet tho

CaN - are you affiliated to BRONZ? would you get any benefits if I asked through you? Eitherwise I'll just scoot over to the website! :niceone:

Ooh Im getting all excited already!

chickenfunkstar
28th September 2005, 20:52
I'm just up the road from you in Helensville.
I'm usually keen for rides. Post up when you plan to go for one and i'll see if I can join you.

FROSTY
28th September 2005, 21:01
um er of course ya could come down to Pukie and support ya fellow KBers :devil2:

justsomeguy
28th September 2005, 21:04
Welcome to KB.

I too recommend the BRONZ course.

It's extremely good value for money and twice as educational.

JSG

The Stranger
28th September 2005, 21:06
I am a member of BRONZ and assist with the course as I believe in what they do.
I recieve no payment and there is no benefit in it for me, other than the fact that I enjoy seeing people learn etc.

We ran it at Palmerston North last Sunday for the Ulysses MC club. There were people there with 40yrs experience and I am thinking what are we going to teach them, but all I spoke to said they learned something.
I just enjoy being a part of that.

Damon
28th September 2005, 21:21
Sort out the details and if the weather's good then i'm in, (i'm a bit of a dry weather softie) it's been ages since i've been up that way.

Or like Frosty suggested, there'll be a reasonable number of us out a puke on sunday, come for a ride out there, if the weather is good i know a couple of us who'll be on bikes and we could ride back with you.

ManDownUnder
30th September 2005, 14:04
So what happened here... is there a ride tomorrow?

I'm in if there is -not too far but happy to trundle along and help out as needed
MDU

Phurrball
30th September 2005, 16:33
I'm probably out for Saturday* (Damned changes to schedule...) But I'd be keen for Sunday if the weather's goodish??? Or any other time I'm free???

I'll PM you fine fellows my details anyway...then we can sort something out amongst our westie selves.

*On Saturday, Mrs P wants to check out an FXR for her fine self...so will be helping with that expedition.

SlowHand
1st October 2005, 00:13
oops, I shuda been looking in here, seeing as i started the thread. I've been side tracked to go on the mistery ride organised by Blackyoshi, Im sorry MDU if you cancelled any plans to do a ride on sat.

I would be in with a grin on sunday for a ride up north if someone's keen to organise the route. My cherry will be broken, and I should be walking like John Wayne too@!