PDA

View Full Version : 82 Honda XL250RC rear shock

fatty35
9th March 2016, 18:37
Hi everyone,

I'm just looking for a rear shock for my XL250R to pass it's wof and seeing if there is anything out there.

Cheers in advance

jellywrestler
9th March 2016, 19:00
Hi everyone,

I'm just looking for a rear shock for my XL250R to pass it's wof and seeing if there is anything out there.

Cheers in advance

have you done a parts comparison to find out what other models shocks will fit?

fatty35
9th March 2016, 21:48
have you done a parts comparison to find out what other models shocks will fit?

Hi Jellywrestler. Thanks for your reply from what iv been able to find around the net it seems they share the shock with the same era XR (Haven't been able to find one either).

Muzz67
10th March 2016, 06:35
What is wrong with your one? Although Honda will say it is not re-buildable, with a bit of Kiwi cunning it can be done.
XR shocks are longer and have a remote reservoir.
Chances are that any other one you track down will be just as worn out too.

fatty35
10th March 2016, 08:49
What is wrong with your one? Although Honda will say it is not re-buildable, with a bit of Kiwi cunning it can be done.
XR shocks are longer and have a remote reservoir.
Chances are that any other one you track down will be just as worn out too.

Gooday Muzz, The one iv got has no rebound and I did have a look to see if the you can re gas the damper .etc but its a sealed unit and I don't have the skills/tools to do it (looks like you would have to cut open and re weld). Thats good to know. I was just going off what a few people where saying on forums around the place.

Muzz67
15th March 2016, 09:08
Gooday Muzz, The one iv got has no rebound and I did have a look to see if the you can re gas the damper .etc but its a sealed unit and I don't have the skills/tools to do it (looks like you would have to cut open and re weld). Thats good to know. I was just going off what a few people where saying on forums around the place.

Bring it out one evening,, I'd take a look.
I've done thinshocks and an XR Prolink (all suposedly non-rebuildable), but not al XL.
nothing to lose if its already knackered......

fatty35
17th March 2016, 16:22
Bring it out one evening,, I'd take a look.
I've done thinshocks and an XR Prolink (all suposedly non-rebuildable), but not al XL.
nothing to lose if its already knackered......

Hi Muzz, Cheers for that will you be around tommorow around 6?

jellywrestler
17th March 2016, 21:04
i run an early 80's CR250 shoock in my chopper, CKT sorted it with differenet internals no worries, be better than getting another 30+ year old unit.

Muzz67
18th March 2016, 07:06
Hi Muzz, Cheers for that will you be around tommorow around 6?
6 be fine.

Muzz67
28th March 2016, 20:21
How you gettin on?