PDA

View Full Version : Lost his prized possession

awa355
16th March 2016, 12:50
What the heck is a 'button clutch' ??

http://www.stuff.co.nz/motoring/news/77904864/Dunedin-owner-of-seized-72-Ford-Falcon-GT-gutted-after-losing-burnout-appeal

Autech
16th March 2016, 12:56
What the heck is a 'button clutch' ??

http://www.stuff.co.nz/motoring/news/77904864/Dunedin-owner-of-seized-72-Ford-Falcon-GT-gutted-after-losing-burnout-appeal

Brass button. Uses a "puck" rather than an organic plate. Had one on my car, can be a bit tricky to get off the line sometimes.

Either way is tragic that they can take someones property like that, theft!

Autech
16th March 2016, 12:59
http://forum.jdmstyletuning.com/showthread.php?32118-EXEDY-Button-Disc-explained

oldrider
16th March 2016, 13:10
Hmmm has HAMISH MCNEILLY actually told the whole story or is he perhaps looking for some unwarranted sensationalist sympathy?

Seems a very harsh penalty for a (one off?) "little bit of lost traction"! :scratch: - Nice car by the way! :yes:

Swoop
16th March 2016, 13:41
Someone lost a parade?

neels
16th March 2016, 15:18
It sounds like he repeatedly failed the attitude test, not only with the police but also subsequently in court.

What I don't understand is why they confiscate the car and sell it, then give him the money? Probably doesn't apply so much in this case, but for your average boy racer they could just take the cash and buy another car to go out and do skids in, a bit of an inconvenience but not much of a deterrent.

Rcktfsh
16th March 2016, 15:57
Hmmm has HAMISH MCNEILLY actually told the whole story or is he perhaps looking for some unwarranted sensationalist sympathy?

Seems a very harsh penalty for a (one off?) "little bit of lost traction"! :scratch: - Nice car by the way! :yes:

Your correct in that not the whole story is being told here, for s129 of the Sentencing Act (vehicle confiscation) to be enacted there needs to be a previous qualifying offence conviction within the preceding 5 years. The previous offence could be anything from same offending, EBA, Dangerous Driving or similar. Also the 12 month disqualification would indicate previous offending.

Tazz
16th March 2016, 16:05
Someone lost a parade?

Outrageous! What will they take next!?!?!

bogan
16th March 2016, 16:20
He's probly racked up many fines, prior thingos, and couldn't afford to pay another. Didn't help to fail the attitude test in court though. Wonder if the 'sorry officer I didn't know the wheels were spinning' has ever worked?

The end of thi

JimO
16th March 2016, 16:27
pretty harsh penalty wonder if they would do the same top some business mans new merc

russd7
16th March 2016, 16:35
at least they didn't crush it

huff3r
16th March 2016, 16:36
pretty harsh penalty wonder if they would do the same top some business mans new merc

If I recall correctly it was some businessmans new merc that was the first car to get impounded for sustained loss of traction under the boyracing act, so I don't see why, if the businessman was a habitual offender, they wouldn't do the same as in this article to him.

Pretty odd to think that such laws wouldn't apply to people who are well off, although I'd imagine they may be more careful about their attitude as they know how important it is, and how much they would have to lose. Or at least their lawyers would advise them such.

Woodman
16th March 2016, 16:49
Boy racers drive all sorts of cars these days it seems.

eldog
16th March 2016, 16:59
Quite liked the car, thou I would have painted it a different colour myself
Along with the Holden Monaro of the similar period

Akzle
16th March 2016, 17:02
Brass button. Uses a "puck" rather than an organic plate. Had one on my car, can be a bit tricky to get off the line sometimes.

Either way is tragic that they can take someones property like that, theft!

how many times do i have to say??

"to register" is "to abandon (to the crown in right of new zealand)"

if a vehicle is registered, even if you believe you're "the person registered in respect of [that] motorvehicle" even if you have a sale and purchase agreement identifying it and you
- YOU DONT OWN IT

fucken ell.

the crown didn't "take" anyones anything, he gave it to them.

sidecar bob
16th March 2016, 17:04

Im sure they would, but I cant remember ever seeing a businessman in a new merc doing a burnout.
I did however turn up at a pub in Wanganui for afternoon drinks in time for the Petrolhead Magazine arranged lunch to be finishing & witnessed countless fuckwits in hotrods, if a shitty old American V8 with Chinese mags could be called a hotrod, doing burnouts out the drive & up the street.
several loosing it & nearly nailing into my parked car.
Good fuckin job, Loser.

bucket boy
16th March 2016, 17:13
What I don't understand is why they confiscate the car and sell it, then give him the money? Probably doesn't apply so much in this case, but for your average boy racer they could just take the cash and buy another car to go out and do skids in, a bit of an inconvenience but not much of a deterrent.[/QUOTE]
Because next time it gets crushed.

neels
16th March 2016, 17:18
Im sure they would, but I cant remember ever seeing a businessman in a new merc doing a burnout. Probably wouldn't let you even if you wanted to, my merc doesn't have an off button for the traction control, all that horsepower going to waste

Autech
16th March 2016, 17:19

if a vehicle is registered, even if you believe you're "the person registered in respect of [that] motorvehicle" even if you have a sale and purchase agreement identifying it and you
- YOU DONT OWN IT

fucken ell.

Well thats the first time you have said it to me.

Buuuutttt, lets follow the path to its conclusion:
Bob goes to work
Bob pays taxes
Bobs taxes pay for roads
Bob buys car to drive on roads
Police tell bob to pay more for the right to drive on the road that he helped pay for (registration)
Bob pays more to drive on his road as he doesnt want the police to make him pay for their salary also
Police tell Bob he's naughty, tell Bob to go see a man in a funny wig
Man in funny wig takes car from Bob, which he payed for with his own money, to drive on the roads he helped pay for.

Welcome to society. :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eldog
16th March 2016, 17:26
I suspect soon if not already there is GPS tracking for speed from phone records.

then there would be automated tickets :shit:

then everyone would be implanted with a chip to determine location

1984 anyone?:corn:

Already tracking animals from farm to table

RDJ
16th March 2016, 17:38
Let's all wait for Katman to weigh in. He is the Utimate Judge.

/ Sarc off...

Cloggy
16th March 2016, 18:10

Your correct in that not the whole story is being told here, for s129 of the Sentencing Act (vehicle confiscation) to be enacted there needs to be a previous qualifying offence conviction within the preceding 5 years. The previous offence could be anything from same offending, EBA, Dangerous Driving or similar. Also the 12 month disqualification would indicate previous offending.
It appears Mr McNeilly was convicted in 2012 for a dangerous driving incident causing injury. Then he told porkies in court about his wife (whom he is seperated from) needing the car to transport the kiddies to various events (good luck with that button clutch) when she had her own car for that purpose.
Good job by the courts I say.

Akzle
16th March 2016, 18:15
Well thats the first time you have said it to me.

Buuuutttt, lets follow the path to its conclusion:
Bob goes to work
Bob pays taxes
Bobs taxes pay for roads
Bob buys car to drive on roads
Police tell bob to pay more for the right to drive on the road that he helped pay for (registration)
Bob pays more to drive on his road as he doesnt want the police to make him pay for their salary also
Police tell Bob he's naughty, tell Bob to go see a man in a funny wig
Man in funny wig takes car from Bob, which he payed for with his own money, to drive on the roads he helped pay for.

Welcome to society. :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

and i break that chain at point dot. so the rest becomes irrelevant.

welcome to freedom.

RDJ
16th March 2016, 18:15
IMO. Never Trust The Judiciary.
They have no skin in the game.

Rcktfsh
16th March 2016, 18:18

- YOU DONT OWN IT

fucken ell.

Actually what he should have done is discreetly dispose of the vehicle before appearing in court, most common way around s129.

bucket boy
16th March 2016, 18:35
Actually what he should have done is discreetly dispose of the vehicle before appearing in court, most common way around s129.
dude you dont have any idea what your talking about.when you get bailed it says not allowed to sell or dispose of vehicle.

AllanB
16th March 2016, 18:50
Registration records ownership.

It is simply a licencing fee to drive legally on the road.

The taking of the car in question has nothing to do with registration - it was taken under a act in the law. I would have been taken whether registered or not.

sidecar bob
16th March 2016, 18:51
dude you dont have any idea what your talking about.when you get bailed it says not allowed to sell or dispose of vehicle.

Except if it apparently belongs to your mother.:facepalm:
FWIW bucket boy is T bucket boy (not your gay little 150cc pretend race bikes) and they're blown big blocks, & not pissy little 6:71 blowers either.

Rcktfsh
16th March 2016, 18:52

Normally you are not given a prohibition to sell notice, well not in the Waikato but there will be regional differences. This is sometimes remedied at the first appearance however if a remand without plea is sought.

sidecar bob
16th March 2016, 18:57
Normally you are not given a prohibition to sell notice, well not in the Waikato but there will be regional differences. This is sometimes remedied at the first appearance however if a remand without plea is sought.

Lol, the lawyer & the burnout boy. Things to be learned here.

Akzle
16th March 2016, 19:01
Registration records ownership.

It is simply a licencing fee to drive legally on the road.

The taking of the car in question has nothing to do with registration - it was taken under a act in the law. I would have been taken whether registered or not.

incorrect .

TheDemonLord
16th March 2016, 19:06
I've never been one for institutional theft, but it does seem that there is more to this story than we are being told.

If it was his first and only offence, I would be highly surprised that the Court wouldn't have granted leniency (especially on appeal).

gsxr
16th March 2016, 20:31

Correct . Happened to my mate. He sold the vehicle and had an additional $150.00 fine added to the original charge . Once it was sold they had no claim on said vehicle.

Tazz
17th March 2016, 10:44
Correct . Happened to my mate. He sold the vehicle and had an additional $150.00 fine added to the original charge . Once it was sold they had no claim on said vehicle.

Hard to do that when you don't have actual possession of the vehicle though.

FROSTY
17th March 2016, 14:13
It sounds like he repeatedly failed the attitude test, not only with the police but also subsequently in court.

What I don't understand is why they confiscate the car and sell it, then give him the money? Probably doesn't apply so much in this case, but for your average boy racer they could just take the cash and buy another car to go out and do skids in, a bit of an inconvenience but not much of a deterrent.
yea but NAHHH. The secret here is that ALL outstanding fines are paid first from the procedes. So not just the one
Its a great way of nailing the little shits that thumb nose at the justice system,

Swoop
17th March 2016, 15:21
Apparently the letters in thread titles...

1984 anyone?
Been there, did that. It sucked, though it was cool. Sony's walkmen needed upgrading. I want my body and hair back.

russd7
17th March 2016, 17:20
didn't think ownership had any bearing on whether a vehicle could be confiscated and sold, just who was driving at the time and from what i have read that car belonged to a trust put in place by the dickheads father for all to enjoy and this tosser went and lost it for all

local
17th March 2016, 17:36
John Rae had his Merc impounded years ago for a burnout in Te Kuiti. They should've confiscated his pedo-stache as well.

What I don't get is if this Fairmont clown knew it was going to get confiscated it, sold, and then after deducting whatever costs he'd receive the left over - why don't you just go and bid on the sale?

Oakie
17th March 2016, 18:09
I suspect soon if not already there is GPS tracking for speed from phone records.

How do you think they work out the current time it takes to get from here to there on those clever digital signs you see around town?

eldog
17th March 2016, 20:48
How do you think they work out the current time it takes to get from here to there on those clever digital signs you see around town?

I didn't think of those as I don't use them.

sidecar bob
17th March 2016, 21:17
didn't think ownership had any bearing on whether a vehicle could be confiscated and sold, just who was driving at the time and from what i have read that car belonged to a trust put in place by the dickheads father for all to enjoy and this tosser went and lost it for all

At least his kids won't be shackled with their old mans idea of what represents a performance car & what they should inherit.
They are now free to buy proper performance cars like BMW M5's & Audi RS4's, not some rattly old pile of shit with a cart axle in the rear that can break traction with less than 250 horsepower from a tired old 50's technology V8.

toycollector10
17th March 2016, 22:43
Meanwhile, up in Christchurch:

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/crime/77947951/Boy-racer-William-Le-Grys-drove-over-man-during-high-speed-Christchurch-street-race

A bit of Home D and no fine. The judge wants him to become a "a pro-social member of the community" and didn't confiscate his car.
I know who's more severely offended against the community and who's paidd a higher price.

Daffyd
17th March 2016, 23:41
The word is "PAID"

Daffyd
17th March 2016, 23:43
Because next time it gets crushed.[/QUOTE]

They are only giving him what's left after ALL the fines are paid. There prolly won't be much left.

toycollector10
17th March 2016, 23:57
The word is "PAID"

Thank you so much for correcting me.

Daffyd
18th March 2016, 00:00
No problem...

Moi
18th March 2016, 09:35
At least his kids won't be shackled with their old man's idea of what represents a performance car & what they should inherit.
They are now free to buy proper performance cars like BMW M5s & Audi RS4s, not some rattly old pile of shit with a cart axle in the rear that can break traction with less than 250 horsepower from a tired old 50's technology V8.

Do I detect a wee hint of bias in your comment? :innocent:

Tazz
18th March 2016, 12:08
At least his kids won't be shackled with their old mans idea of what represents a performance car & what they should inherit.
They are now free to buy proper performance cars like BMW M5's & Audi RS4's, not some rattly old pile of shit with a cart axle in the rear that can break traction with less than 250 horsepower from a tired old 50's technology V8.

All his kids are gay hairdressers then eh? Interesting. :bleh:

neels
18th March 2016, 13:04
All his kids are gay hairdressers then eh? Interesting. :bleh:
I didn't see any mention of an MX5 in that post..........

Tazz
18th March 2016, 13:56
I didn't see any mention of an MX5 in that post..........

Yeah bit of a 'fun until your friends find out' deal those turbo MX5's :laugh:

sidecar bob
18th March 2016, 16:04
Do I detect a wee hint of bias in your comment? :innocent:

No, just incredibly good taste.;)

russd7
18th March 2016, 19:12
Meanwhile, up in Christchurch:

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/crime/77947951/Boy-racer-William-Le-Grys-drove-over-man-during-high-speed-Christchurch-street-race

A bit of Home D and no fine. The judge wants him to become a "a pro-social member of the community" and didn't confiscate his car.
I know who's more severely offended against the community and who's paidd a higher price.

what the fuck does "mainly a first offender" mean.
i have very little faith in our court system, seems to me that judges have very little respect or regard to victims and only want to look good to offenders