PDA

View Full Version : Honda Spada, not running, but with new rear tyre

Grashopper
22nd March 2016, 13:40
Honda Spada for sale. It's currently not running and it has rego until 20/04/16 after which it is on hold.

Good news is:
- It hasn't been in a major accident, so nothing is bent or broken aside of the headlight case, which has been a bit dented for a while.
- NEW rear tire (BT45, 50 km old, worth $240)
- Got full workshop history for the last 3 years
- Improved front suspension with emulators
- Heated hand grips
- I got a spare engine for it a few years ago, just in case...

Bad news is:
- The engine crapped itself. Big end bearings are gone, pistons,too, I think, and who knows what else (certainly not me, but I can ask my mechanic or you can come and have a look. It's currently all in parts, anyway.
- The spare engine is not the best, either, so it also needs parts, and it's not going to be a case of just putting those two engines together to get one running engine.

Other things you might want to know:

The paint job is not the best, in particular where the saddle bags were sitting.
I dropped the bike a couple of times and I had a slow speed accident (<5km/hr) where I was clipped by another bike. That fall broke the bracket for the left foot peg and rear brake (was about 1.5 years ago and has been replaced) and dented the headlight case a bit.

I love this bike, it's one of the more powerful 250s and the low seat height, which is lower than the VTR250, the Hornet 250 and even a GN250, is great for someone who is as vertically challenged as me. But I've since upgraded and it is just not practical for me to keep it. I can't even sell it for parts, as I have no clue about what is what.

So if you want a project bike with two engines and a new rear tire, or sell it for parts (the rear tire is already worth more than half of the price), feel free to stop by and have a look at it. The bike is in Taupo.

puddytat
22nd March 2016, 19:13
Whats the tank like bro? Any dents in it?

Im interested in it for parts, & Ive got a good low k one which needs a few bits.....

Would you consider chucking it on a bike transporter for me?

Smifffy
22nd March 2016, 19:16
You can sell them faster, and get more money if you blame all of that on a mysterious previous owner...

AllanB
22nd March 2016, 22:06
Honda Spada, not running, but with new rear tire.

Shag a whore - get a sexual disease.

You need to work on your advertising skills. :crazy:

puddytat
22nd March 2016, 22:47
350 seems reasonable to me.....I don't think he is being over optimistic at all.

Grashopper
22nd March 2016, 22:51
You need to work on your advertising skills. :crazy:

Here you go: "Get two bikes for the price of one. Mint runner. Never been dropped.... "

Nah, I'd rather tell it like it is.

Although, maybe I should have named the thread. "New BT45 for sale and you even get a bike for free..."

Grashopper
22nd March 2016, 23:01
Whats the tank like bro? Any dents in it?

Im interested in it for parts, & Ive got a good low k one which needs a few bits.....

Would you consider chucking it on a bike transporter for me?

I don't think the tank had any dents. But I can stop at the workshop tomorrow, double check that and take some better photos.

If you organise the transport and pay for it, it shouldn't be an issue to transport it anywhere.

350 seems reasonable to me.....I don't think he is being over optimistic at all.

'He' is a 'she' :msn-wink: , but yeah, was looking around and it seems you could make quite a bit of money from the parts alone. However, as I don't have much knowledge about bike mechanics and don't have the time to deal with it, the bike needs to go.

Taxythingy
23rd March 2016, 11:10
You can sell them faster, and get more money if you blame all of that on a mysterious previous owner...

And I was going to commend her on actually being one of those mysterious previous owners. Thumbs up!

Edit: grammar.

Maha
23rd March 2016, 14:32
The task will be finding the bike parts thereof with all the shit laying around in that workshop. Fetch a broom Granville.

Icemaestro
24th March 2016, 18:25
Located in Taupo?I'm keen....wife might not be though...nearly ready to sell the last project though :-P

imthatguy
31st May 2016, 15:43
Does anyone know what happened to this? I guess I could fit one more broken Honda in my shed..

Icemaestro
31st May 2016, 15:57
Does anyone know what happened to this? I guess I could fit one more broken Honda in my shed..

Mine now sorry!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

imthatguy
31st May 2016, 16:38
Mine now sorry!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haha all good! Best of luck with it :rolleyes: