PDA

View Full Version : Fantic fix up

NSR143
25th March 2016, 11:20
Hi, any assistance appreciated.. I am fixing up what I think is a 250, there are a few issues that need resolving. It's liquid cooled but thats about all I know at this stage. Identification and any manuals or info would be good so we can get this back on track! thanks

george formby
25th March 2016, 13:16
Hi, any assistance appreciated.. I am fixing up what I think is a 250, there are a few issues that need resolving. It's liquid cooled but thats about all I know at this stage. Identification and any manuals or info would be good so we can get this back on track! thanks

Piccies please. There is a Kroo up the road, 300cc I think, with a stuffed clutch.. Does your bike have forward kick?

Ocean1
25th March 2016, 13:30
Piccies please. There is a Kroo up the road, 300cc I think, with a stuffed clutch.. Does your bike have forward kick?

Didn't know there was any here.

But unless someone's taken a watercooled engine out of a Fantic road bike, (known examples = 'prox one) that's about all it could be...

george formby
25th March 2016, 13:47
Didn't know there was any here.

But unless someone's taken a watercooled engine out of a Fantic road bike, (known examples = 'prox one) that's about all it could be...

Yup, should be easy enough to identify from pics. A mate has an air cooled mono shock Fantic sat gleaming in his garage.
Parts are a pain... So is starting that Kroo, forward kick and a truck load of compression. It's a bit intimidating unless you have lead soled moto x boots and a knee guard.

NSR143
27th March 2016, 06:17
Yes it's got a forward kick, seen I think the same type on trademe, blue and white. K roo it seems? Clutch is dragging badly and the radiator cap looks like something is broken or missing. Where would I get parts,? Just need to get it running nice for a guy then it's for sale. I guess in good running order worth about $1200? Cosmeticly not great! thanks Steve

george formby
27th March 2016, 08:48
Yes it's got a forward kick, seen I think the same type on trademe, blue and white. K roo it seems? Clutch is dragging badly and the radiator cap looks like something is broken or missing. Where would I get parts,? Just need to get it running nice for a guy then it's for sale. I guess in good running order worth about $1200? Cosmeticly not great! thanks Steve

Pretty sure my mate got his parts from this fulla. http://www.r2wtrials.co.uk/html_files/bobwright.html

The K roo gathering dust needs a seal kit for the clutch master cylinder I believe. Not available off the shelf here in NZ, apparently. Lettuce know how you get on.

F5 Dave
28th March 2016, 16:37
Heya. Think I've fallen off a K-Roo. I've known of a couple.
Try call John Lawton. He's the Beta importer down Kapiti see his site NZTrials.co.nz

Now I had an idea he used to do Frantic parts, but give him a call at a sensible time of night and he'll gladly tell you what he knows, and try sell you a Beta, but he's a top bloke.