PDA

View Full Version : been a long time coming

FzerozeroT
1st February 2004, 18:55
Have had my learners for 8 years and finally got my first road bike on thursday (a nifty fifty isn't a road bike is it?) was looking at an RG150 (cheap smoky speed) but when my missus saw it she wasn't too keen, she knew that I wasn't going home on four wheels though :sunny:
So we went to red baron and she said what about this one, ( brand new KRR150 ), i thought she was joking so i grabbed the nearest salesperson and told him to wrap it up, kept thinking the little lady was going to put the brakes on and so it wasn't till three hours later getting onto the motorway that I started the cheering.
Max speed of 80kph and limited to 7 grand for the first 800k's to run in the motor so the trip to hami was painfull, a$$hole cages raging on my tail most of the way, and then it rained! got home two and a half hours later with the same big grin. Spent all of fri and sat waxing the fairings and polishing bits, took it out for my first real ride this morning. This is what life is all about.

ching_ching
1st February 2004, 19:07
Howzit fzerozerot,

Nice bike bro and welcome.

I try and make it up to Hamilton at least once a month to see the sis and cruise HamiltonMotorcycles, Road and Sport and Boyd Honda (also as an excuse to blowout my baby if I take her).

Once again, welcome to the throng of the strange and weird. Me thinks you'll feel right at home.

ching_ching

wari
1st February 2004, 19:16
Excellent :niceone: ... and welcome

PeteThePom
1st February 2004, 20:08
Max speed of 80kph and limited to 7 grand for the first 800k's to run in the motor so the trip to hami was painfull, a$$hole cages raging on my tail most of the way, and then it rained! got home two and a half hours later with the same big grin. Spent all of fri and sat waxing the fairings and polishing bits, took it out for my first real ride this morning. This is what life is all about.Welcome to the best thing since the invention of the wheel!
You'll get used to all of the things you mentioned and find all your spare time/cash goes on bikes and you'll love it!:niceone:

Nice bike btw, Small bikes were never that sexy when I started riding!

curious george
1st February 2004, 21:29
Wow, nice bike, looks bloody flash! Set you back much?
Can you make it up to Puke any time? that should fly around!
Unofficial poll: What oil ya using?

Antallica
1st February 2004, 21:34
Would be nice to hear what that ride is like to use. I like 'em.

Jackrat
1st February 2004, 22:55
Welcome to the real world mate.
You will have to post an owners view on the relivent thread once you get used to is.

Hitcher
2nd February 2004, 08:37
Welcome to the world of Seriously Good Fun. Despite aching all over from parts real and imagined (hit the road hard on Saturday), it will take more than a close encounter with Transit's tarmac to keep me off motorbikes!

Nice green, by the way...

FzerozeroT
2nd February 2004, 19:48
curious george, i don't know what is in there at the mo', i've only covered 200 odd kays so far so it is still the shop oil, looks like a semi decent mineral though, will stick with mineral till 1600 kays then use Castrol super2T synthetic, can't remember the exact name but is $92 for four litres, used it in my car (360cc two stroke daihatsu) and didn't have to clean plugs and very little smoke and a very nice synthetic smell :D

it does ride quite nice, suspension is a bit soft under braking etc, leans well, not taking it too rough cause i don't especially want to drop it,, EVER!!

it was 6grand which is pricy when compared to a VT250 or GSXR250at 8grand, but it is damn sexy, except for the pillion seat, (has anyone else seen the conversion?) and has good potential to look even better after a few small mods. after warranty runs out the engine should warm up nicely too :)

Draco
3rd February 2004, 07:43
Welcome to the site Zero, hope you have as much fun on your new bike as i had on my RG150.

Motoracer
3rd February 2004, 09:35
Sweet bike! Welcome to the site :cool:

Blackbird
3rd February 2004, 18:54
A warm welcome to another Waikato rider!

Geoff

marty
3rd February 2004, 19:17
yay! another 2 stroker from h-town! if you see an RS being ridden nicely about town, then it's probably me. if you see one being ridden like it's stolen, then it's probably me too!

check out the new tarseal north bound on cobham drive coming up to the pak n save roundabout. it's about 15km/h faster than it was.....

fpsware
4th February 2004, 08:19
I've just recently parted with my Suzuki FXR 150. After having it from new 2 years ago it was about time I got something a little larger.

My FXR and your KRR look very similar. The bikes of today are MUCH sexier than they ever used to be. I think we are spoilt for style these days, but its all good.

Nice bike BTW.

FzerozeroT
2nd March 2004, 09:16
:no: i went out to the windy bit on the way to raglan yesterday, i swear it felt like the handlebars were going to touch the ground, I got toe sliding action but no knee :**( does anyone round here know any better roads to get my first slide on

Motu
2nd March 2004, 11:02
Use a belt sander - only you will know the diference.

Motoracer
2nd March 2004, 11:53
Here are a few tips: If your arse is completly on the seat, it might pay to hang off a bit and get one cheek out. Another tip would be to try getting it down on a car park. Once you know exactly how low you need to be going to scrape your knee, it will be easier to mimic that on the road.

Best knee scraping corner for beginers would be 25K - 45K corners which go around for longer than at least 90 degrees and have really good smooth surface.

Hitcher
2nd March 2004, 11:54
Find a roundabout (preferably not during the rush hour) and just go round faster and faster, slowly inching further off your seat into the radius of the turn. Watch out for your pegs -- otherwise you may tripod away and drag more than your knee...

FzerozeroT
8th March 2004, 06:17
Use a belt sander - only you will know the diference.

belt sanders are now obsolete. if i want to sand some furniture i will strap it to my knee :Punk:

Motu
8th March 2004, 07:16
Touch down!