PDA

View Full Version : Reflective Invisible Helmet Decals - know Anything??

Gremlin
28th September 2005, 22:43
Thinking I should be a little safer at night... what better way to use a decal on the back of the helmet that is invisible during the day.

Knew I had seen them on trademe a while back so I went searching tonight. Found them (http://www.trademe.co.nz/structure/listings/listings_search_results.asp?sort_order=default&searchstring=reflective&current=0&mcat=0001-0026-&searchregion=100&advanced=true), but the trader has no current listings...

Does anybody know contact details for the trader, or if stores stock 'em, perhaps another way to get them etc?? Perhaps some opinions of them??

Looks like a good idea...

jazbug5
28th September 2005, 23:15
Paul NZ had some I think- from a mail order firm in America?

juzzer
29th September 2005, 07:30
Thinking I should be a little safer at night... what better way to use a decal on the back of the helmet that is invisible during the day.

Knew I had seen them on trademe a while back so I went searching tonight. Found them (http://www.trademe.co.nz/structure/listings/listings_search_results.asp?sort_order=default&searchstring=reflective&current=0&mcat=0001-0026-&searchregion=100&advanced=true), but the trader has no current listings...

Does anybody know contact details for the trader, or if stores stock 'em, perhaps another way to get them etc?? Perhaps some opinions of them??

Looks like a good idea...

Easy enough to get the vynil (3M) and cut it out to what ever shape you want....If there's enough interest i can get them done if you want...

Paul in NZ
29th September 2005, 08:31
Paul NZ had some I think- from a mail order firm in America?

Yup.. In a moment of internet buying frenzy with my Visa card I bought some 'flames' which worked better than I thought! Semi visible (ie not too intrusive) during the day and reflective at night BUT frankly.. If they are that close you have other issues....

Silage
29th September 2005, 08:58
Hi Gremlin

Try http://www.streetglo.net/streetglo_files/

I got some black and some blue pinstripe from them. The black on black paint is invisible in the day and glows yellowish under lights at night. The blue is well.. blue in the day and very bright under lights. I also got a spider (Katipo like) for the helmet and it is great - also invisible in the day and I can't see it at night as it is on the back of the helmet :whistle:

They were quite quick in sending it and I thought the price was OK.

btw they seem to have revamped their web page so don't get put off by the Harley logo first up.

ManDownUnder
29th September 2005, 09:28
BUT frankly.. If they are that close you have other issues....

Gotta admit that was my first thought.

If they can't see your tail-lights you're screwed. But (at the risk of contradicting myself) anything boosting visibility is a good thing - so I certainly have nothing against them.

inlinefour
29th September 2005, 17:04
Brought it on trade me, is a black reflective sticker of the Honda wing and Honda below it. Stuck on the back of my helmet (black also). Cannot be seen iin daylight but appaerntly it glows well at night in the light. :mellow:

Gremlin
29th September 2005, 17:34
appaerntly it glows well at night in the light.
You don't turn around and check?? :lol:

Thanks for the info guys... keep it coming...

inlinefour: what was the trader like?

inlinefour
1st October 2005, 14:34
You don't turn around and check?? :lol:

Thanks for the info guys... keep it coming...

inlinefour: what was the trader like?

Not a problem there and I'd happily trade with him again. :niceone:

Skyryder
1st October 2005, 16:57
Hi Gremlin

I got some black and some blue pinstripe from them. The black on black paint is invisible in the day and glows yellowish under lights at night. The blue is well.. blue in the day and very bright under lights. I also got a spider (Katipo like) for the helmet and it is great - also invisible in the day and I can't see it at night as it is on the back of the helmet :whistle:

btw they seem to have revamped their web page so don't get put off by the Harley logo first up.

I'm aftr some tape to hide some marks. So what's the story with buying from Trademe. I've always been a bit reluctant about supplying credit card details over the net. Is there another way?

Skyryder

Silage
1st October 2005, 22:11
I'm aftr some tape to hide some marks. So what's the story with buying from Trademe. I've always been a bit reluctant about supplying credit card details over the net. Is there another way?
Skyryder

I have had some concerns about this also but after a number of successful purchases (from overseas using visa card but not on Trademe) I have become more blase'/careless. Ultimately I live on the vain understanding that if someone rips off my card number and stacks up transactions that I have not made then the bank will cover it, dumb huh

The whole credit card thing confuses me. I am encouraged to use one to get up to 2 months credit all for free. As I always pay off the dues each month it costs me nothing. Must be all those who dont pay it off that makes the system work.

Wolf
1st October 2005, 22:38
The whole credit card thing confuses me. I am encouraged to use one to get up to 2 months credit all for free. As I always pay off the dues each month it costs me nothing. Must be all those who dont pay it off that makes the system work.
That'd be me.

What I get stung in fees/interest is a little under half what I pay each month - takes ages for the balance to come down.

Gremlin
2nd October 2005, 00:11
So what's the story with buying from Trademe. I've always been a bit reluctant about supplying credit card details over the net. Is there another way?
I wouldn't supply my credit card details for trademe. However, when using a secure site (Nortons, Amazon et al) and you do it properly it can actually be safer than in the flesh (Think about it. At the restaurant you might give the card to the waiter to do your bill. What happens if they just walk away??)

For trademe I use internet banking. No going to banks, make the payment up online. If the timing is right, turnaround can be very quick. Usually make a screenshot of the payment (blanking certain info) and send to seller as extra security.

hey inline, would you happen to still have ruatapu's (the trader) email addy??

myvice
2nd October 2005, 12:59
Wire up a flare gun to a proximity sensor...
Then, and probably only then, they will see you!
:devil2:

Skyryder
3rd October 2005, 21:31
Hi Gremlin

I've just tried emailing these guys but get rejected due to faulty telephone number. How did you pay these guys credit card or invoice? I'm a bit reluctant to supply credit card details over the net.

Skyryder

Gremlin
5th October 2005, 16:55
Just an update:

The ruatapu fella has some listings, so feel free to ask for anything. I asked for Kawasaki decals... will see what he says.