PDA

View Full Version : DRZ400 carb slider

kiwi-on-wheels
12th April 2016, 18:07
heya guys, mr sausage fingers (myself, herpaderp) has broken the needle retainer clips inside the carby slide

looking to buy a new / second hand one to get me back on the road!! prefer pickup tomorrow afternoon if anyone has one kicking around...

type is for a mikuni carb

part number 24

http://mikuni36.com/Images/BSR36-carburetor.jpg

thanks!!!!

jellywrestler
15th April 2016, 08:05
what's the part number?

kiwi-on-wheels
15th April 2016, 10:38
I have no idea, its item number 24 on the drawing...

Should have one from the states early next week, so not too much of an issue if no one has one

jellywrestler
15th April 2016, 18:12
I have no idea, its item number 24 on the drawing...

Should have one from the states early next week, so not too much of an issue if no one has one

wherever you got that page there'll be one next to it with the part number on, it's not rocket surgery, from this you could cross reference the part number and find out what other models it fits, but it looks like you're better than that sorry for trying.

husaberg
15th April 2016, 23:16
heya guys, mr sausage fingers (myself, herpaderp) has broken the needle retainer clips inside the carby slide

looking to buy a new / second hand one to get me back on the road!! prefer pickup tomorrow afternoon if anyone has one kicking around...

type is for a mikuni carb

part number 24

http://mikuni36.com/Images/BSR36-carburetor.jpg

thanks!!!!

looks like a generic part as Jelly said cross reference it. likely the same as most other mikuni carb clips
or just get a thin washer with an undersize hole and make one. Shit you could make something out of a coke can base at a pinch with some side cutters.

edit I just relooked at the pic.
How the heck did you break a slide.
A coke can is not going to fix that...............

kiwi-on-wheels
17th April 2016, 21:05
The needle retainer clips down inside the thing are spectacularly brittle