PDA

View Full Version : 5 year old killed by parents stupidity

Tazz
17th April 2016, 10:34
http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/79004434/grieving-shinias-family-say-her-death-could-have-been-prevented

-snip- The school is right there where the accident happened. We've been complaining for years, for a very long time, that it's 70kmh," the relative said.

"We hope the council listens this time. They wouldn't even have meetings with us."

Shinia, who was described as a "quiet child", was given the pink and white bicycle she was riding when she died as a gift by her grandmother only last week.

"She only just started coming out of her house, riding out of her house," the relative said. -snip-

Who complains about the speed of a road being too high and then lets their 5 year old child loose on a bike on that very road only a week after receiving a bike?!?! Seasoned commuters get hit on push bikes daily let alone little kids that have only just started riding a bike. It's absurd.

All the details aren't there, we don't know if the driver was just plodding along or made a mistake, but either way it's tragic that they can sit there and blame a hazard they had already identified as a risk to their kid and then, in my opinion, went one step further than completely ignored and actually increased the chance of the kid getting hurt or killed.

Madness
17th April 2016, 10:46
Yeah, let's crucify them on the Internet the day after the death of their child!

Tazz
17th April 2016, 11:09
Yeah, let's crucify them on the Internet the day after the death of their child!

If they got drunk and crashed their car killing their child they would be crucified for making some terrible decisions and the driver would be held accountable instantly in that scenario.
If the driver wasn't the parent the parents would be slammed for letting their child get into that situation.
What's the difference?

Might seem a bit harsh but the fluff in the article struck a nerve. It's not a 70kph speed zone sign that caused a death here and being all nice about it only makes it acceptable for other parents to take the same risks.

Madness
17th April 2016, 11:13
They're Maori so we might as well also assume they're unemployed and were under the influence at the time of the accident. Fuckers probably had a ticket for last nights Lotto draw as well. Cunts.

jellywrestler
17th April 2016, 11:24

they're the ones who went public blaming everybody else so made themselves a target sadly.

Madness
17th April 2016, 11:30
they're the ones who went public blaming everybody else so made themselves a target sadly.

You don't think there's a chance that dad just passed comment to a reporter whilst still being in shock? Yeah, nah. Probably angling for a spot on the telly with Paul Henry, eh? Believe it or not, the sudden death of a child can interfere with ones normal thought process, strangely enough.

Anyway, carry on and don't let me interfere with the crucifixion, the show must go on. :facepalm:

Tazz
17th April 2016, 11:55
You don't think there's a chance that dad just passed comment to a reporter whilst still being in shock? Yeah, nah. Probably angling for a spot on the telly with Paul Henry, eh? Believe it or not, the sudden death of a child can interfere with ones normal thought process, strangely enough.

Anyway, carry on and don't let me interfere with the crucifixion. :facepalm:

I see where you're coming from to a point but the only victims here in my mind are the wee girl, her 8 year old cousin and the driver, both of which will more than likely be scarred for life.

Don't know what you're on about with the race waffle baiting.

mashman
17th April 2016, 12:06
I'm amazed that with such lax parenting it took so long for the kid to finally meet her maker <_<

jellywrestler
17th April 2016, 12:14
It is sad, and nobody deserves consequences like this for thinking a kid of that age was safe on any road after just a weeks riding.
Fact is if no-one points it out then the fucking council will be in like a shot and we'll have another 50kmh area for the wrong reason.
years ago there were a couple of high speed crashes around grays road plimmerton/mana, they were way over the speed limit. The council dropped the speed limit to 60, there haven't been any more fatals on that stretch so they then applied the same speed to the Paekak hill, and it spreads like that. they're spending billions putting roads out of wellington and just past that twice in the last year they've now reduced the state highway one speed limit to 80km/h just past where these new roads will finish. Everyone is now driving like zombies they're dumbing the limits down that often.

Akzle
17th April 2016, 14:49
fucking cyclists

Madness
17th April 2016, 15:01
I see where you're coming from to a point but the only victims here in my mind are the wee girl, her 8 year old cousin and the driver, both of which will more than likely be scarred for life.

I can understand the feelings of resentment that some may have towards the parents but in my mind to doubt that they too will be scarred for life just makes you a cunt.

Don't know what you're on about with the race waffle baiting.

You're right, completely baseless assumptions and in incredibly bad taste under the circumstances. My apologies.

Tazz
17th April 2016, 15:29
I can understand the feelings of resentment that some may have towards the parents but in my mind to doubt that they too will be scarred for life just makes you a cunt.

I just said they're not the victims. They might be the nicest people in the world. What has happened is horrible.

If you think it is OK to put a 5 year old who has been on a push bike for only a week onto a 70kph stretch of road you are the cunt.

Madness
17th April 2016, 15:33
I just said they're not the victims.

You're wrong.

If you think it is OK to put a 5 year old who has been on a push bike for only a week onto a 70kph stretch of road you are the cunt.

Hey, I don't disagree. I must have missed the part in the article you posted where it stated the parents thought this was OK and it wasn't just a cruel accident resulting from a moments lack of attention.

R650R
17th April 2016, 15:46

Yep if they ever read this thread they'll suddenly hate motorbikers more than the person who actually ran over their kid.

Pretty poor form by TA to be passing judgement with so few details... and also is he suddenly saying speed is dangerous and relative to road safety when so many on here say its their right to travel at what ever speed they want to???????

This thread should be removed, if only to protect the fragments of dignity and respect we still have in some quarters of society.....

caseye
17th April 2016, 17:07
Yep if they ever read this thread they'll suddenly hate motorbikers more than the person who actually ran over their kid.

Pretty poor form by TA to be passing judgement with so few details... and also is he suddenly saying speed is dangerous and relative to road safety when so many on here say its their right to travel at what ever speed they want to???????

This thread should be removed, if only to protect the fragments of dignity and respect we still have in some quarters of society.....

Yeah, Nah!
Given what we know, it is fair to assume the little girl tragically killed while riding her new bike on/beside,across a road that just happens to have a 70kph speed limit on it was tragically killed as a direct result of a lack of parental judgement/supervision/responsibility. Would anyone here in KB, let their 5 year old daughter go and ride her new bike along a busy road with her 8 year old cousin? Your Sisters or brothers kid!

70kph road, school just down "that road" You know the one, the one others in the neighbourhood have complained to council about, 1 week of riding tuition/guidance by ???? then, off you go baby girl, go ride to that school with your 8 year old cousin.

The poor little mite will relieve her cousin's death forever now and she was responsible, anyone here care to explain to her that they'd never have let her be responsible for their child, that they'd have taken the pair of them to the school and watched them learning how to ride their bikes together and safely.

If the ute driver was travelling too fast I hope he gets charged, if he wasn't, I hope he can still live in his neighbourhood without fear of retribution.
If it is discovered that the parents were neglectful I hope they get a huge rocket up their collective backsides and get some help with learning how to responsibly parent their children.
I sincerely hope that help comes firstly from within their own whanau/community, for me it is enough punishment that they have lost a beautiful little girl, but after this there can be no excuses for allowing such a thing to happen again.

Tazz
17th April 2016, 17:28
Well Madmess is going in circles trying to absolve any parental responsibilities of parents, and then we have someone who has stated on this forum they have driven a massive distance in a commercial truck without noticing they were missing a wheel off their trailer worrying about public image :laugh:

I'm not worried about my public image thanks, I'm worried about myself or others running over some poor kid due to completely avoidable situations.

Yeah, Nah!
Given what we know, it is fair to assume the little girl tragically killed while riding her new bike on/beside,across a road that just happens to have a 70kph speed limit on it was tragically killed as a direct result of a lack of parental judgement/supervision/responsibility. Would anyone here in KB, let their 5 year old daughter go and ride her new bike along a busy road with her 8 year old cousin? Your Sisters or brothers kid!

70kph road, school just down "that road" You know the one, the one others in the neighbourhood have complained to council about, 1 week of riding tuition/guidance by ???? then, off you go baby girl, go ride to that school with your 8 year old cousin.

The poor little mite will relieve her cousin's death forever now and she was responsible, anyone here care to explain to her that they'd never have let her be responsible for their child, that they'd have taken the pair of them to the school and watched them learning how to ride their bikes together and safely.

If the ute driver was travelling too fast I hope he gets charged, if he wasn't, I hope he can still live in his neighbourhood without fear of retribution.
If it is discovered that the parents were neglectful I hope they get a huge rocket up their collective backsides and get some help with learning how to responsibly parent their children.
I sincerely hope that help comes firstly from within their own whanau/community, for me it is enough punishment that they have lost a beautiful little girl, but after this there can be no excuses for allowing such a thing to happen again.

This! I am to abrupt too word it so politely. It is tragic, but it's an inexcusable 'accident' when it is said it was a hazard they had already identified and (allegedly) attempted to speak to local authorities about.

It's like pointing out that the knives in your kitchen are at a height kids could reach, and then leaving a kid alone in the kitchen.
No body would ever want the kid to hurt themselves but the decisions of those in control have put it in a position with a very high chance of that happening, despite knowing the risks to begin with, and then everyone is all sad and blames the knife when the inevitable happens and the kid cuts a finger.

Madness
17th April 2016, 17:36
:laugh:

I'm disturbed that you can think any of this is funny.

Tazz
17th April 2016, 17:52
I'm disturbed that you can think any of this is funny.

Do you just have a smiley face fixation or are you trying to yet again put words in my mouth?

Lets go back to the fact (from what you've said) you think that it's not anyone's fault, and certainly not the parents, that a 5 year old with an almost brand new bike is riding in a 70kph zone while being supervised by an 8 year old. You are saying that this is OK, that it is no ones fault and that it is just some tragic freak accident. You're wrong.

The parents don't need to be punished and they are probably really nice people that are devastated, but they are devastated due to their own actions/inactions and there is a lesson to be learned here and it is certainly not that lower speed zones are better babysitters.

Maha
17th April 2016, 18:01
Do you just have a smiley face fixation or are you trying to yet again put words in my mouth?

Lucky that's all he is trying to put in your mouth.....;):nya::whistle::drool::gob::banana::sic k::pinch::wacko::corn::bleh:

Madness
17th April 2016, 18:04
Lets go back to the fact (from what you've said) you think that it's not anyone's fault, and certainly not the parents, that a 5 year old with an almost brand new bike is riding in a 70kph zone while being supervised by an 8 year old.

Where did I say that?

You are saying that this is OK, that it is no ones fault and that it is just some tragic freak accident.

Where did I say that?

You're wrong.

You're a cunt. A cunt who's disrespecting a grieving couple by making a shitload of assumptions after seemingly having done little more than reading an internet news article, from stuff no less.

The parents don't need to be punished and they are probably really nice people that are devastated

Take another read of the thread title that you typed and tell me they're not being punished.

but they are devastated due to their own actions/inactions and there is a lesson to be learned here and it is certainly not that lower speed zones are better babysitters.

In your opinion, based on your reading of the stuff article and a bunch of assumptions. Fuck, you're a cunt.

Madness
17th April 2016, 18:05
Lucky that's all he is trying to put in your mouth.....;):nya::whistle::drool::gob::banana::sic k::pinch::wacko::corn::bleh:

Yeah, because you'd have slipped your tiny little penis in given half a chance, eh?

Duncan74
17th April 2016, 18:05
Understanding the full context of the specific location of the tragic crash is essential to even start a discussion on this event. A look on google streetview would be a step in that direction, but a long way from that full understanding.

For a start the road has more cyclists than cars on it, or it would if there wasn't a wide off road cycle path. Then there's the 20-30 houses served by this (effectively) dead end road. It is a place that I've frequently seen kids out riding bikes or running around unsupervised.

But the bottom line is a driver that left home that morning not intending to hurt anyone, has ended up through misfortune being in the exact same space as a little girl out playing. No-one in this situation is right or solely to blame. Everyone could have done something in hindsight, but at the same time be it children riding bikes, pensioners walking on crossings, drunks at 4am, tourists in campervans, teens racing or motorcyclists commuting, there will be another 300 deaths this year where no-one intended their actions to result in that.

Maha
17th April 2016, 18:33
Yeah, because I'd have slipped my tiny little penis in given half a chance, eh?

Reads more like it now...:killingme

Your piss weak comeback via the rep system hurts so good :cry:

R650R
17th April 2016, 18:58
nd then we have someone who has stated on this forum they have driven a massive distance in a commercial truck without noticing they were missing a wheel off their trailer worrying about public image :laugh:

Aside from the creepy stalker aspect of dredging up an old tale from the highway I mentioned in here ages ago, you could at least get the facts right.

I've NEVER lost a wheel off my trailer... Had one damaged due to negligence on part of mechanic and unfortunate combination of events. And the distance would have been 100km or less.
And I was aghast at the possible consequences/risks and did/do care about public image.
But hey let's not let facts get in the way of a diversionary rant.

I'm not worried about my public image.....

That's kinda self evident.....

cynna
17th April 2016, 20:14
http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/79004434/grieving-shinias-family-say-her-death-could-have-been-prevented

Who complains about the speed of a road being too high and then lets their 5 year old child loose on a bike on that very road only a week after receiving a bike?!?! .

same people that let there 3 year old play with a strange dog then wont a whole breed put down because of their stupity. some people need to take responsibilty for there own actions and stop blaming society

Tazz
18th April 2016, 13:49
Where did I say that?

Where did I say that?

You're a cunt. A cunt who's disrespecting a grieving couple by making a shitload of assumptions after seemingly having done little more than reading an internet news article, from stuff no less.

Take another read of the thread title that you typed and tell me they're not being punished.

In your opinion, based on your reading of the stuff article and a bunch of assumptions. Fuck, you're a cunt.

So you are the only one that can put words in peoples mouths then? Interesting that you do it to me and don't like it being done to yourself and a bit of a tell of character.

Disrespectful? What are you, some little hood rat? My words only hold weight to those that want them to do so. If you choose to be insulted, or them, that's your choice but it doesn't bring that poor wee girl back and it doesn't take away the scarring from the 2 victims of negligence.

By saying the parents are victims here you are also saying that it is OK to have a 5 year old supervised by an 8 year old.

I don't agree with things written in (clearly) and have drawn on details from the same article you have.

The title is definitely harsh. I did try to change it to carelessness but the forum didn't allow it.

At the end of the day, I still stand by saying that it is ludicrous for someone to identify a hazard, complain about it and then blame that hazard for the death of someone in their care.
If that makes me a cunt, then so be it. Maybe the world needs more cunts to be less 'emotionally cotton woolish' about things and get people to sharpen up.

Aside from the creepy stalker aspect of dredging up an old tale from the highway I mentioned in here ages ago, you could at least get the facts right.

I've NEVER lost a wheel off my trailer... Had one damaged due to negligence on part of mechanic and unfortunate combination of events. And the distance would have been 100km or less.
And I was aghast at the possible consequences/risks and did/do care about public image.
But hey let's not let facts get in the way of a diversionary rant.

That's kinda self evident.....

Don't flatter yourself man. I have a few truck driver friends and that one was too funny not to share. I also liked the one where a good truck driver was one that could doze off at the wheel and recover a B-Train from the grass verge while only taking out a road sign :niceone:

Big Dog
18th April 2016, 13:59
fucking cyclists
Is that what you do with your Sundays?

Sent via tapatalk.

Tazz
18th April 2016, 14:00
But the bottom line is a driver that left home that morning not intending to hurt anyone, has ended up through misfortune being in the exact same space as a little girl out playing. No-one in this situation is right or solely to blame. Everyone could have done something in hindsight, but at the same time be it children riding bikes, pensioners walking on crossings, drunks at 4am, tourists in campervans, teens racing or motorcyclists commuting, there will be another 300 deaths this year where no-one intended their actions to result in that.

Yeah it was just the instant jump to saying that not only was the speed of the road to blame but that it was also a hazard they had complained about yanked my chain.

Akzle
18th April 2016, 14:15
Is that what you do with your Sundays?

Sent via tapatalk.

yes .

Madness
18th April 2016, 18:01
So you are the only one that can put words in peoples mouths then? Interesting that you do it to me and don't like it being done to yourself and a bit of a tell of character.

Hey, my bad. When you posted the laughing smiley I assumed you thought something was funny. It was wrong of me to assume, especially considering how prolific you are with emoticons now that you've finally figured them out, XD.

...it doesn't bring that poor wee girl back...

This thread doesn't do that either. All it does is make you look like the callous fuckwit that you are.

and it doesn't take away the scarring from the 2 victims of negligence. By saying the parents are victims here you are also saying that it is OK to have a 5 year old supervised by an 8 year old.

So you know for a fact that both parents were in fact leaving the 8-year old to supervise the dead 5-year old? You're sure that one parent, or both for that matter, weren't away from the property at the time of the accident? You're sure that another family member wasn't being tasked with supervising both children? Just because the Stuff reporter chose to focus on the speed limit doesn't preclude such possibilities, does it?

I don't agree with things written in (clearly) and have drawn on details from the same article you have.

The difference is that you're jumping to conclusions from very little information whilst I'd rather afford the parents the benefit of doubt in the absence of all of the facts.

The title is definitely harsh. I did try to change it to carelessness but the forum didn't allow it.

So does that make you compassionate, or spineless? I wonder.

At the end of the day, I still stand by saying that it is ludicrous for someone to identify a hazard, complain about it and then blame that hazard for the death of someone in their care.

You're putting too much weight on what was written by a Stuff reporter. Have some dignity and at least wait for the Coroners Inquest before slating the parents who have just lost a child. It's not like the kid died of having cigarettes extinguished on her face or was beaten with a frying pan.

If that makes me a cunt, then so be it. Maybe the world needs more cunts to be less 'emotionally cotton woolish' about things and get people to sharpen up.

Yeah, just what they need. Some jumped-up twat slagging them off on a motorcycle forum with fuck all facts. That should make them sharpen up, because the death of their child certainly won't do it. :facepalm:

In case you missed it, here's another recent similar death. Maybe you'd like to start a thread to slag these parents off as well? Hate to think they'd be wrapped up in emotional cotton wool, eh?

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/77491812/Child-dies-in-car-collision-in-Waikato

R650R
18th April 2016, 20:38
Don't flatter yourself man. I have a few truck driver friends and that one was too funny not to share. I also liked the one where a good truck driver was one that could doze off at the wheel and recover a B-Train from the grass verge while only taking out a road sign :niceone:

Not content with misquoting and falsifying something that was posted here ages ago you go and do it again. The driver in that incident (I was passenger) was NEVER asleep... if your going to take stalker notes and regurgitate stuff months after it was posted at least be accurate.....

The new internet bullying laws prohibit me from fully expressing what I think of you and your postings. Not my monkey and not my circus so im done feeding the troll here. Don't confuse my further lack of interest or reply to anything you post here as any kind of agreement or admission of defat in the debate for the truth is self evident and I have better things to do with my time.

R650R
18th April 2016, 20:49
Hey.....

Damn must spread rep more.... all great stuff there :)

jellywrestler
18th April 2016, 20:56
The new internet bullying laws prohibit me from fully expressing what I think of you and your postings.

does that mean i'm not allowed to say his mother swims out to troop ships then?

Tazz
18th April 2016, 21:50
Hey, my bad. When you posted the laughing smiley I assumed you thought something was funny. It was wrong of me to assume, especially considering how prolific you are with emoticons now that you've finally figured them out, XD.

This thread doesn't do that either. All it does is make you look like the callous fuckwit that you are.

So you know for a fact that both parents were in fact leaving the 8-year old to supervise the dead 5-year old? You're sure that one parent, or both for that matter, weren't away from the property at the time of the accident? You're sure that another family member wasn't being tasked with supervising both children? Just because the Stuff reporter chose to focus on the speed limit doesn't preclude such possibilities, does it?

The difference is that you're jumping to conclusions from very little information whilst I'd rather afford the parents the benefit of doubt in the absence of all of the facts.

So does that make you compassionate, or spineless? I wonder.

You're putting too much weight on what was written by a Stuff reporter. Have some dignity and at least wait for the Coroners Inquest before slating the parents who have just lost a child. It's not like the kid died of having cigarettes extinguished on her face or was beaten with a frying pan.

Yeah, just what they need. Some jumped-up twat slagging them off on a motorcycle forum with fuck all facts. That should make them sharpen up, because the death of their child certainly won't do it. :facepalm:

In case you missed it, here's another recent similar death. Maybe you'd like to start a thread to slag these parents off as well? Hate to think they'd be wrapped up in emotional cotton wool, eh?

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/77491812/Child-dies-in-car-collision-in-Waikato

I don't have enough time nor care enough about what you think to go around in circles with you, so lets sum it up:

I'm a cunt, so be it, for having a negative opinion and not victimizing parents and family in a news article that blame a speed zone that they had complained about (and were well aware of) in the past for the death of a 5 year old that had one week on a bike and was let ride on that road to go to a play.

You disagree because you think I am speculating to much on a news article that may have inaccuracies (forgetting you might be wrong on it being in any way inaccurate).

I'm not talking about if it is inaccurate. I started a thread on the facts in that article. If there is further articles with other evidence they will help form more of the picture.
If you don't want to draw conclusions on it, don't.

I chose to say I think it is disgusting a little girls loss of life can be blamed on such a thing.

Anything else you read into that is you just reading into it and in no way reflects my views or opinions but rather your own (like saying I'm laughing at a death because I used a smiley face in the same thread? Bit fucking twisted to arrive at that conclusion and that was all your mind, not mine).

Not content with misquoting and falsifying something that was posted here ages ago you go and do it again. The driver in that incident (I was passenger) was NEVER asleep... if your going to take stalker notes and regurgitate stuff months after it was posted at least be accurate.....

The new internet bullying laws prohibit me from fully expressing what I think of you and your postings. Not my monkey and not my circus so im done feeding the troll here. Don't confuse my further lack of interest or reply to anything you post here as any kind of agreement or admission of defat in the debate for the truth is self evident and I have better things to do with my time.

Not even falling asleep and he couldn't stay on the road, well shit, that IS a better story :brick:

Madness
18th April 2016, 22:17
I don't have enough time nor care enough about what you think to go around in circles with you, so lets sum it up:

Funny, it was exactly one hour between you giving me rep for my last post in this thread and this post I'm now quoting. Seems like you have plenty of time. In fact, what took you so long?

I'm a cunt

Yerp.

for... not victimizing parents and family in a news article that blame a speed zone that they had complained about (and were well aware of) in the past for the death of a 5 year old that had one week on a bike and was let ride on that road to go to a play.

Yeah, nah. Simply refraining from starting a thread titled "5 year old killed by parents stupidity" is not victimizing them. Nobody's asking you to send flowers or anything but to state that neither parent is a victim in this tragedy, with the (lack of) facts available through the media, is out of line.

You disagree because you think I am speculating to much on a news article that may have inaccuracies (forgetting you might be wrong on it being in any way inaccurate).

I never said anything about it being inaccurate, just incomplete. There's a bit of a difference, Spazz.

I'm not talking about if it is inaccurate.

Great, that makes two of us :facepalm:

I started a thread on the facts in that article.

There are fuck all facts in that article. If only you let that stop you.

If you don't want to draw conclusions on it, don't.

Cool, I won't. It would be nice though, if you're determined to draw conclusions make assumptions, that maybe you could keep them off the internet, for a few days at least, or just keep it between you and your "trucker mates".

I chose to say I think it is disgusting a little girls loss of life can be blamed on such a thing.

Well, one day you might be struck with a similar tragedy and it will be interesting to see what comes from your mouth in the hours and days following the event.

I know it's a stretch for you, but please consider that there was probably a lot of other stuff that could have prevented this death and I for one don't doubt that both parents will be blaming themselves a hell of a lot more than any speed limit. That doesn't make anywhere as good a headline though, innit?

I reckon you need to stay away from tabloid journalism. You might be less of an arsehole that way.

awayatc
19th April 2016, 03:52
My children have grown up
But they did not survive because I was so clever....
There is a certain amount of luck involved.
Life is a daily lottery

You only need ONE day of bad luck to wipe out all the good luck you had previously....

So far I have been very fortunate ,for which I am very gratefull.

I feel sorry for the family of this little girl ,
And every other person that has suffered one of those days of extreme bad luck...

Surely nothing normal people do in daily life warrents a death sentence

Bass
19th April 2016, 07:04
I reckon you need to stay away from tabloid journalism.

My personal experience with journalists led me to think that there were none among us who were more skilled at distorting the truth without actually telling a lie. I still think it may be so.

However, you posted a link to a report on another tragic accident at Waitakaruru and I found that report to be surprisingly complete and balanced.

A lesson in the dangers of generalisation perhaps.

Thank you

Banditbandit
19th April 2016, 09:48
My personal experience with journalists led me to think that there were none among us who were more skilled at distorting the truth without actually telling a lie. I still think it may be so.

as an ex-journo I would have to agree with that ..

pritch
19th April 2016, 13:37

Umm it used to. You have to "go advanced".