PDA

View Full Version : Over the mountain - Skippy style

Headbanger
20th April 2016, 15:04
Literally, A Triumph Speed Triple going up and over Mount Cotton. Anywhere else in the world it would be small hill, but in these parts its a Mountain. No racing, just a casual ride around a local loop. Takes about 20 minutes in the real world leaving from my front door.

http://youtu.be/wqVejlbAkT8

Old Steve
21st April 2016, 17:41
Amazing, absolutely no road kill! When I first rode in Central QLD I thought, "Geez, the possums are big here." But they were wallabies and kangaroos.

Bet you miss having corners. I used to get a bit tired of those gentle sweepers Aussie - Nah, you just didn't throttle off and went around at a speed that you had to lean over for. Mind, when I left QLD to come back to NZ I was on 11 demerit points, one more and I'd lose my license. Was that Mt Cotton just out of Brissie?

rastuscat
21st April 2016, 19:38
Well there's 4 minutes 34 I won't get back.

Why did I bother watching that? My main thought is who goes riding without gloves?

Headbanger
21st April 2016, 20:37
Yep, thats the mount cotton, Most of that route is 60km/h and cops are common, Plus, after 25 years of riding bikes, Im on a freakin learners lisense...

buggerit
21st April 2016, 20:39

Why did I bother watching that? My main thought is who goes riding without gloves?

What about early turn in, early apex?

Headbanger
21st April 2016, 20:41

My guess is its because your a bit of a spastic?

What on earth did you expect after the first 20 or so seconds?...Chuck norries fighting crocs with a machine gun?

Moi
21st April 2016, 20:47
... My main thought is who goes riding without gloves?

You only need gloves when you go above the tree line into the snow zone...

Katman
22nd April 2016, 17:31
My main thought is who goes riding without gloves?

Me - many times a day.

Smifffy
22nd April 2016, 20:54
1:33 didn't wave...? WTF

Now it's a proper KB thread.

Headbanger
23rd April 2016, 11:22
No one waves.

Bit of a disapointment.

I was waving, got funny looks.

Now I dont wave.

Skippies that go to NZ for a ride (turns out quite a few do) must think everyone likes each other simply through the shared experience of riding a motorcycle.

tri boy
23rd April 2016, 12:27
What on earth did you expect after the first 20 or so seconds?...Chuck norries fighting crocs with a machine gun?

C,mon, Chuck doesn,t need a machine gun to bitch slap swampy dogs.
He just gives them the "Chuck Stare", and they go belly up.

husaberg
23rd April 2016, 13:08
Literally, A Triumph Speed Triple going up and over Mount Cotton. Anywhere else in the world it would be small hill, but in these parts its a Mountain. No racing, just a casual ride around a local loop. Takes about 20 minutes in the real world leaving from my front door.

http://youtu.be/wqVejlbAkT8

okay nice-ish scenery but those are Mack Truck lines
Why bloody sit in the right of the lane on a bike. Don't take it too critically Its a pet peeve of mine. (I see you edited out the time spend on the wrong side of the road around the 3 minute mark):innocent:
thanks for posting otherwise.
Still a nice local trip.

Headbanger
23rd April 2016, 20:12
okay nice-ish scenery but those are Mack Truck lines
Why bloody sit in the right of the lane on a bike. Don't take it too critically Its a pet peeve of mine. (I see you edited out the time spend on the wrong side of the road around the 3 minute mark):innocent:
thanks for posting otherwise.
Still a nice local trip.

If the road is clear of hazards then I consider it mine to use.

Having said that, It seems to me that the cars coming up from behind and turning across the lane are what takes people out more often then not. Im not fussed on oncoming traffic, If they stay in their lane then were are fine, if they come into my lane then likely blood will splill.

I editied out 16 minutes of footage.....

But, If Im doing some shit riding, Its because Im a shit rider. Its how I roll, and as long as I dont roll under a bus, Im good with it....

husaberg
23rd April 2016, 20:39
If the road is clear of hazards then I consider it mine to use.

Having said that, It seems to me that the cars coming up from behind and turning across the lane are what takes people out more often then not. Im not fussed on oncoming traffic, If they stay in their lane then were are fine, if they come into my lane then likely blood will splill.

I editied out 16 minutes of footage.....

But, If Im doing some shit riding, Its because Im a shit rider. Its how I roll, and as long as I dont roll under a bus, Im good with it....

I wasn't trying to be a critic but your apexs are way late it would be safer and faster to apex early. I too am all in favour of using all the road when its clear.
Have a look at the bit I quoted and imagine turning in 20 meters earlier while the road is still straight and clipping the inside of the bend rather than running wide over the center line in the middle of the bend.
http://www.lakeside-karting.co.uk/images/no1_tarck.png

Headbanger
23rd April 2016, 21:21
Yeah, Your trying to be a critic, Fuck off with it. The roads wide and clear at that point and I could easily sit where ever I felt like and thats where I chose to be.

Now, Imagine Im raising my middle finger you fucking douche bag cunt.

Katman
23rd April 2016, 21:25
Yeah, Your trying to be a critic,

That's not the worst of him.