PDA

View Full Version : Thanks AMPS - Dealership doing it right

The End
24th April 2016, 18:01
I'll keep this story short, but if you want a read have a look here:

Dealership Warranty - Bought a bike with (suspected) warped discs (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php/178270-Dealership-Warranty-Bought-a-bike-with-(suspected)-warped-discs)

Purchased a Honda VTR 1000 from AMPS (who are predominately a Harley Davidson dealership) just on a month ago, and after having it a few days noticed the front brakes vibrated/shuddered under braking.

After talking with Craig who sold me the bike, he said to bring it in and they'd check it out.

After waiting for the discs to arrive (and having fun on a loan bike VTR 250 :laugh:) they fit the new discs and everything is good as new.

So a big thanks to Craig and the team at AMPS for making things right - Who knows; maybe 20-30 years from now I'll be back to pick up a Harley! :scooter: :drinknsin

JimO
24th April 2016, 18:06
mine needed discs replaced under warranty by triumph NZ, took a long time for them to do it

AllanB
24th April 2016, 18:26
Good stuff. As it should be really. By the original thread it is highly unlikely you'd have picked it up on a test ride. Highly unlikely they would have picked it up on a trade-in inspection. Bet the previous owner knew!

rambaldi
24th April 2016, 20:09
I'll keep this story short, but if you want a read have a look here:

Dealership Warranty - Bought a bike with (suspected) warped discs (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php/178270-Dealership-Warranty-Bought-a-bike-with-(suspected)-warped-discs)

Purchased a Honda VTR 1000 from AMPS (who are predominately a Harley Davidson dealership) just on a month ago, and after having it a few days noticed the front brakes vibrated/shuddered under braking.

After talking with Craig who sold me the bike, he said to bring it in and they'd check it out.

After waiting for the discs to arrive (and having fun on a loan bike VTR 250 :laugh:) they fit the new discs and everything is good as new.

So a big thanks to Craig and the team at AMPS for making things right - Who knows; maybe 20-30 years from now I'll be back to pick up a Harley! :scooter: :drinknsin

VTR 250/VTR 1000 pretty much the same biki innit. Should have just kept the loaner :p

The End
24th April 2016, 20:19
VTR 250/VTR 1000 pretty much the same biki innit. Should have just kept the loaner :p

Something like that :nya:

Although the fuel consumption was definitely better!

cynna
25th April 2016, 23:21
mine needed discs replaced under warranty by triumph NZ, took a long time for them to do it

speedmaster????
i had mine replaced promptly with no questions about 12000km and i was the third owner.