PDA

View Full Version : Dunedin Ride Forever Southern Tour

rastuscat
15th May 2016, 20:03
Today was a Silver course. A Fireblade, two Wee Stroms, a Ninja 300, an MT09 and a Harley Somethingorother.

Thursday was a Bronze, Friday a Gold, yesterday a Bronze, and tomorrow an Urban Commuter.

I'm loving being a motorcycle rider. Eat yer hearts out.

Just sayin.

rastuscat
15th May 2016, 20:05
Funny. Yesterday's Bronze had a guy on a full licence riding his R1.

Some folks have open minds. That guy just wanted a day out on the bike, with an even chance to learn some stuff.

Pity there's not more like him.

nzspokes
15th May 2016, 21:04

Some folks have open minds. That guy just wanted a day out on the bike, with an even chance to learn some stuff.

Did he get out of first?

rastuscat
15th May 2016, 21:46
Did he get out of first?

He had new (like brand spanking new) tyres on. They were barely scrubbed in by the end of the very wet day.

nerrrd
15th May 2016, 22:02

I did that (not on an R1, obviously), but mainly because I'm cheap. And I learned stuff.

rastuscat
15th May 2016, 22:06
I did that (not on an R1, obviously), but mainly because I'm cheap. And I learned stuff.

Which bike were you on?

kiwi cowboy
15th May 2016, 22:29
Today was a Silver course. A Fireblade, two Wee Stroms, a Ninja 300, an MT09 and a Harley Somethingorother.

Thursday was a Bronze, Friday a Gold, yesterday a Bronze, and tomorrow an Urban Commuter.

I'm loving being a motorcycle rider. Eat yer hearts out.

Just sayin.

Jees must be bugger to be you.
Out doin all the work while ya offsider goes and plays at the track:nya::whistle:

nerrrd
15th May 2016, 22:40
Which bike were you on?

OK I should have elaborated — earlier this year up here in relentlessly sunny and warm Auckland, on my Honda NC750X. I've done a couple of Silvers in previous years, and usually they recommend I do another...Silver at the end of it. So this year I did a Bronze, for a change, and for less change.

Virago
15th May 2016, 22:55
OK I should have elaborated — earlier this year up here in relentlessly rainy and muggy Auckland...

Fixed that for ya. :done: