PDA

View Full Version : Which Course?

Rathelm
29th September 2005, 15:09
Hi all,

I'm a returning biker - spent my varsity years on a Victa 50cc stepthrough (Vespa clone) which went like the clappers, and have been a cager for the last 20 years. Petrol prices have convinced the missus that MAYBE it'd be alright to motorcycle commute. :2thumbsup: She wants me to get a scooter :argh: , but I've some open road to do and always fancied the harley look (though it does clash with the suit I wear to work). Yeah, I know, another mid-life crisis throwback.

I've an ad in the online sales for a bike...looking for a 200-400cc cruiser commuter, with some attitude. I'm overseas now until late November, so maybe someone would like to upgrade when I get back.

Anyway, I suspect that I'll need some help to get on the road safely, and the courses are a bit bewildering. Given I'm almost 40, have a full bike license, live in Wellington, fairly broke (I have kids....), and a naturally cautious driver, what of the courses available would be recommended?

BNZ
29th September 2005, 15:51
Cant help, but welcome and good luck!

Waylander
29th September 2005, 17:44
Hard to get a cruiser in that range that has an attitude mate. Try 800cc or higher. Kawasaki VN800s are really great rides, ask Slashwylde. He evens gives the Sportbike riders a bit of a run for thier money and has heaps of attitude lol.

Drum
29th September 2005, 19:55
Sounds like your after an Eliminator mate. 250cc of raw power! And check out www.roadsafe.co.nz They do some real good courses, some would be suitable for those not starting from scratch.

texmo
29th September 2005, 20:18
A gillera runner 180cc will do 135km/hr and 0-100 in 5.1 seconds, The new gts250 has just come out and is amazing....