PDA

View Full Version : North Island Motorcycle rallies

30th May 2016, 09:33
Hi all.

Beside the annual Cold Kiwi, what are the other motorcycle rallies being held around the north island? Wanted to go to the Cold Duck, but that is no longer happening. Looking for something else other than the CK that is biker friendly without the patches etc. Summer or winter.

Any suggestions?

pritch
30th May 2016, 11:31
The Ulysses Club usually have an active programme of rallies which would seem to fit your requirements. From memory you can join as a junior member at 45.

1billyboy
30th May 2016, 19:16
The Ulysses Club usually have an active programme of rallies which would seem to fit your requirements. From memory you can join as a junior member at 45.

Only have to be 40 for Ulysses. If you like to do some km try the Distance Riders. This weekend is the Kiwi Biker 11th Gathering at Mangakino. Check it out in Meetings and Events

russd7
30th May 2016, 20:22
this weekend is the brass monkey up north

31st May 2016, 07:34

Up north?

Since when did they flip New Zealand upside down. Oh, wait, it's freezing here today...:cold:

Hitcher
31st May 2016, 12:31
www.distanceriders.org.nz

Real bikers go riding. Only pussies sit in front of bonfires and drink rum or warm beer.

Scubbo
31st May 2016, 12:59
BAH 800 starts at Turangi? :| spose so you can do a loop? pretty keen though will have just got back from riding round south island on the FXR

can I have a badge for riding ~800KM in one day on my little FXR? went from palmy >> hamilton >> tauranga >> auckland when I went and collected it :cool:

granstar
31st May 2016, 17:28
Up north?

Since when did they flip New Zealand upside down. Oh, wait, it's freezing here today...:cold:

It's always been up North unless your heading South :laugh:

1billyboy
31st May 2016, 19:11

There is not much south of Riverton unless you go to Stewart Island:killingme

Rcktfsh
31st May 2016, 19:18
Get a group of mates together and camp overnight at the 2017 Classic Festival, Waitangi weekend. Plenty of room for tents on the hill at Pukekohe and was a popular option this year.

russd7
31st May 2016, 19:57
Up north?

pretty much everything is north of where i live :laugh::laugh:

russd7
31st May 2016, 19:59
There is not much south of Riverton unless you go to Stewart Island:killingme

yup but you used to live south :msn-wink:

1billyboy
31st May 2016, 20:46
yup but you used to live south :msn-wink:

True. Still haven't got a passport but hoping to sneak back down again soon.:psst:

granstar
1st June 2016, 06:37
True. Still haven't got a passport but hoping to sneak back down again soon.:psst:

Ring the doorbell with your elbows when you arrive.

russd7
1st June 2016, 17:42

was up your way back in feb. forgot how bloody hot it gets. made the beer taste even better though.:cool:

1billyboy
1st June 2016, 19:26
was up your way back in feb. forgot how bloody hot it gets. made the beer taste even better though.:cool:

Yeah they even make Speights up here just for the visiter from the south.:drinknsin:drinkup:

Hitcher
5th June 2016, 11:09
BAH 800 starts at Turangi? :| spose so you can do a loop? pretty keen though will have just got back from riding round south island on the FXR

can I have a badge for riding ~800KM in one day on my little FXR? went from palmy >> hamilton >> tauranga >> auckland when I went and collected it :cool:

The North Island 800 will start and finish at Turangi, so I guess some sort of loop is involved. And yes, successful riders will get badges, irrespective of the bikes they complete the event upon.