PDA

View Full Version : Hayabusa test ride

duckman
29th September 2005, 15:12
Well - What did you do for lunch today.........

I went for a test ride on Suzuki gsxr1300 Hayabusa :headbang: !!!!!!

Huge thanks to Dallas for letting my wife and I take the Busa for a "spin 'round the block".

First impressions: it's big but it's not heavy (he's my brother) ...
Just as we were about to head off, ManDownUnder turned up with the RF and decided to join in the fun.

I was really expecting brutal power delivery that would throw us off at the first hint of throttle ... how wrong I was.
The power is smooooooooth and linear, encouraging me to open it up more and more.... Speedo check - Shit!! HOW FAST?!?!?!? Slowing down a moment to let MDU catchup I could see how easily my licence could be lost.

Once we got to the end of the NW motorway it was time to see what this great hulk of a bike was like in the twisties .... Well, not Hulkish, thats for sure. It actually handled very well. I was still riding very tentatively but Busa encourages you to go a littler faster ... go a little deeper ... Remembering my wife was on the back .... Ooops ... Sarah are you still there???

We trundled back through Albany and hopped onto motorway to head home .... On came the fuel light. I fear it is a bit thirsty but then, economy is not on my list of "must haves". :whocares:

Back at Colemans and both Sarah and I are in agreement... it's the bike for us. Big, Comfy, fast and good looking.

Unfortunately I have to wait until we move to Aussie to get one :crybaby:
I WANT ONE NOW!!!!!!

Hmmm I especially want the new 2006 grey and black one at Colemans but, That could take some serious negotiating with wifey. :love:

SARGE
29th September 2005, 15:25
wish i coulda gone with man..

vifferman
29th September 2005, 15:30

I went to the doctor. He told me I felt like crap because I was full of germs. :crazy:
He also said I had tonsilitis.
Oh yay...

Good news on the test ride! What a great way to spend a lunchtime. :niceone:
I've a mind to test a few more bikes meself, but my wife and I have little willpower (witness the last test-ride...)
Maybe I'll just stick to farkling; it's safer and marginally cheaper....

So anyway - are you buying the EyeAbuser (or is that TyreAbuser)?

Phurrball
29th September 2005, 15:35

I went for a test ride on Suzuki gsxr1300 Hayabusa :headbang: !!!!!!

Huge thanks to Dallas for letting my wife and I take the Busa for a "spin 'round the block".

Hmmm, maybe one day...*this L-plater has a long way to go before these lunch breaks*

I settled for letting Coleman's sell me a yellow mohawk for my helmet - cheers Sarge :Punk:

WRT
29th September 2005, 15:39
I've heard that the power on the busa's isnt quite up to the level that it should be for such a beast of a bike, however these guys (http://www.mrturbo.com/kit_hayabusa.htm) should be able to help.

hXc
29th September 2005, 15:45
I bet you wouldn't mind these two...

ManDownUnder
29th September 2005, 15:47
well what can I say... but

FARK!

That thing pulls like a school boy (sorry to all the little lads reading this but - hey... we all know it's true)

My fav bit of road on the Coasteville Riverhead Highway, over to the top of the hills and down into town. Was fun to get the RF err... "above 100" for a change. This duck dude fucks off down the NW like BJ after a BJ. The bike sounds awesome and one day I might even grow up and get one.

I gotta admit I'm not the worlds biggest fan on their styling but at 300kph+ who cares about that?!?

Nice bike, and yeah Sarge... you're a good bastard (just ignore the other rumours I started about you...)

MDU
PS - Sarge, check the bike for backfires, at the end of the NW I think I saw the exhaust "pop" with a wee flash...

ManDownUnder
29th September 2005, 15:48
wish i coulda gone with man..

You should have - I'll look after the bikes in the shop for ya - really I would... (one at a time...)

:whistle:

duckman
29th September 2005, 16:01
We are going to buy a Hay - abuser, but the big question is whether or not to buy one in NZ or wait til we get to Aussie.

The plan at the moment would see us in Aussie early next year....

tlronny
4th October 2005, 09:49
I had one for a while ('03 LTD) and it was indeed a good bike but the tyre wear is huge and they arn't all that fast by todays standards either.
You'll definately stand out on one though.
Just my 2 cents worth !