PDA

View Full Version : Gearbrake.com

The Crow
8th June 2016, 17:37
Hi, can anyone advise if www.gearbrake.com systems are legal in NZ?

Gremlin
8th June 2016, 17:53
I assume you're talking about flashing brake lights (they sell multiple products).

Flashing brakelights do not meet the requirements in the VIRM.

WristTwister
8th June 2016, 18:22
Hi, can anyone advise if www.gearbrake.com (http://www.gearbrake.com) systems are legal in NZ?

The system that turns brake lights on whenever you slow down? I'm skeptical, they claim it does a lot and the website's reviews are all super positive. I'm no wiring expert (HA!) but I don't believe that the brake light cable carries all that information about engine braking or gear shifts to the plug-in module.

Big Dog
9th June 2016, 21:25
The system that turns brake lights on whenever you slow down? I'm skeptical, they claim it does a lot and the website's reviews are all super positive. I'm no wiring expert (HA!) but I don't believe that the brake light cable carries all that information about engine braking or gear shifts to the plug-in module.
Be easy enough to do.
Power from the always on trail light, light the brake light when the accelerometer senses deceleration.
I world imagine if you are not affecting performance of the brake light this would be legal. But may not be safe.

Sent from Tapatalk. DYAC