PDA

View Full Version : Dr Who- what the hell???

TonyB
29th September 2005, 20:36
OK- I'm putting this one here because MrsB is HIGHLY disapointed at what just happened on Dr Who. She liked the 'new' doctor. Thought he was raaather nice. And now after less than one series he's already changed..... into someone that looks like the little dude from Top Gear LOL.

Any thoughts?

strayjuliet
29th September 2005, 20:42
Yer I liked the new doctor as well I thought he was (urhem cough) kinda cute and likeable now he's been replaced by a guy who looks like a kid. Whats up with that??? :argh:

Big Dave
29th September 2005, 20:59
The dude didn't want to be typecast so he quit after one series.

mangell6
29th September 2005, 21:11
Yes, that is correct. Pity though as he had the right attitude.

If only he realised that there is great money to be made at all the Gallifrey Conventions in the US.

2_SL0
29th September 2005, 21:13
The dude didn't want to be typecast so he quit after one series.

He certainly was a higher calibre of actor than DW really required. I did have to take a second look at the new guy, as I thought exactly the same, "Crumbs they got the guy off TG" lol.

James Deuce
29th September 2005, 21:21
Mr Ecclestone found Dr Who Fandom a bit daunting too. Saw him on Top Gear about a month ago and he was quite pleased to out of it.

Wolf
29th September 2005, 21:48
I liked Christopher Eccleston as the Doctor. I hope the new one is just as good (Gods forfend another Colin Baker - but we can blame a lot of that on the script writers, I read they were trying to make him unsympathetic at first and then "redeem him" - it failed).

What are your favourite Doctors, folks?

Mine: Jon Pertwee, Tom Baker, Peter Davidson, Sylvester McCoy, Paul McGann (from what little we got to see of him) and Christopher Eccleston, so far.

Least liked: Colin Baker.

Not fussed: William Hartnell (Richard Hurndall did a great job of imitating him, tho') and Patrick Troughton.

Favourite "Master": Roger Delgado. Anthony Ainsley was a petulant, spiteful kid. Delgado was charmingly evil.

riffer
29th September 2005, 21:48
Well I thought this series was fucking great.

As for the Doctor changing - jeez guys, you oughta be used to it by now. :whistle:

John
29th September 2005, 22:19
Well I thought this series was fucking great.

As for the Doctor changing - jeez guys, you oughta be used to it by now. :whistle:
I'm with that guy...

Still love the cheesy crap they put out good shit.

2_SL0
29th September 2005, 22:25
I did think it was one of the best episodes this season.

strayjuliet
29th September 2005, 22:31
Personally I never really got into the whole Dr Who thing, I could never understood it until Wolf watched the series and that's when I really got interested in it but i'm still not bothered if I miss it. It's not 1 of my best programmes but I do still enjoy it. As for "we should be used to the dr changing thing," hell its hard when u start to like 1 dr then bang he changes and we have to get used to another Dr all over again. Damn it! rant rave. :done:

Pixie
29th September 2005, 22:31
Great series,all they need to do is get rid of the crap BBC sound track and bring back the original theme music arrangement -Just an electric bass and theremin

NordieBoy
29th September 2005, 22:37
Favorite Doctors are Christopher E and Tom Baker.

Hitcher
29th September 2005, 22:48
The hot summer night fell like a net
I’ve got to find my baby yet
I need you to soothe my head
Turn my blue heart to red

Doctor, doctor, give me the news
I’ve got a bad case of lovin’ you
No pill’s gonna cure my ill
I’ve got a bad case of lovin’ you

A pretty face don’t make no pretty heart
I learned that, buddy, from the start
You think I’m cute, a little bit shy
Momma, I ain’t that kind of guy

I got a bad case of lovin’ you
Whooaaa

I know you like it, you like it on top
Tell me, momma, are you gonna stop?

You had me down, 21 to zip
Smile of judas on your lip
Shake my fist, knock on wood
I’ve got it bad, and I’ve got it good

Doctor, doctor, gimme the news

Motu
29th September 2005, 23:02
But we get to keep Billie Piper,I don't care about the bloody Doctor!

Big Dave
29th September 2005, 23:16

BAH!

www.davidcohen.co.nz/Doctors.mp3

turn it up!

Wolf
29th September 2005, 23:19
And for those fans of cocky Americans, Capt. Jack returns later in the next season. (Great character, actually - someone with the technical/time-travel savvy to talk with the Doctor and get ideas across. Not so sure about his ideas on hiding weapons on his person, however...)

Wonko
29th September 2005, 23:22
I owuld have liked to have seen another series with the old Doctor, he had a good attitude, was kind to animals, etc.

Still have Billie

Yokai
29th September 2005, 23:31
Great series,all they need to do is get rid of the crap BBC sound track and bring back the original theme music arrangement -Just an electric bass and theremin

Nah - they need to put the full Orbital version on the soundtrack. As an ubergeek I once had all 8 different versions of the theme tune on a cassette somewhere - Hmmmm I must go and look for that tape sometime.

Wolf
29th September 2005, 23:46
I owuld have liked to have seen another series with the old Doctor, he had a good attitude, was kind to animals, etc.
I liked him too - definitely had the requisite ego. Loved his "final words" before the regeneration. Could definitely have gone at least another season with him as the Doctor, but it's his choice. The new Doc might yet be as good in his own way. Will find out when I get hold of the Christmas Special, I guess.

BigB
30th September 2005, 07:13

I'm with you on this one

TonyB
30th September 2005, 08:45
LOL. MrsB was first embarrassed that I put this thread up, and then amazed that anyone actually replied.

Agree about Ms Piper though. Got a lovely smile she has... Course, she's not as nice as MrsB :sweatdrop

I wonder if a midget-off-top-gear-look-alike is going to make a convincing Doctor?