PDA

View Full Version : New Tarmac and Sidestands

bluninja
12th January 2003, 16:52
Well, a little trip to Pukekohe for the trackdday. No chance of a spill to scratch my pride and joy as I was only watching....or so I thought.

Parked the bike on the new tarmac at the base of the new walkway and went to find a few friends before I moved it. As I walked back to move it I saw my bike flip onto it's side from 50 metres away:argh:

So now my bike has scratched decals and plastics, and a smashed indicator. Yes I know I should have put something under the side stand :brick: but why should I have to ??
Why can't they make tarmac that goes hard (and stays hard) after it's laid....and when they invent the stuff to do that can I have some to see what else it works on;)

What's the point in being a careful rider if crap parking can do just as much damage ???

TTFN:done:

Gixxer
13th January 2003, 09:37
I had the same thing happen to me last year, just out of Whangamata, one of the boys had a spill, so I parked on the side of the road on new tarmac, went to check on my mate, heard a noise, turned to see my bike on its side, the tarmac had given way under my bike.

very P#$$*# off

Kiwibiker
14th January 2003, 04:03
Same shit happen at Donnington Park last year, the good and the great decided to re tarmac the main parking area, it was a hot day, it all gave way and over a 100 bikes toppled, a lot on to others, real messy, the bikers are still trying to get the money out of the authorities.
If u park on the grass they give to plastic bits to put under the stand, should have done it on the tartmac as well