PDA

View Full Version : Wonder rally

dangerous
1st February 2004, 21:35
Hay all, I was woundering if any of you lot were going to the wonder rally at Waiau in a couple of weeks?
I've been to 7 and its a bloody good rally. However last year it was run under different mangement and it was crap. So I was thinking of giving it a miss this year. Any thourts

Jackrat
1st February 2004, 21:58
This is the first Iv'e ever heard of it.
Please tell me more.
Thanks.

dangerous
2nd February 2004, 17:46
This is the first Iv'e ever heard of it.
Please tell me more.
Thanks.

Its North Canterbury between Kaikoura and Hamner an exelent ride in from the east coast.
It's in a padock right behind a pub :apint: and there is the usual compitions and games (not last year, new managment) usualy a wicked band to but last year a 2 piece that stunk.

So I might just do a day run and have a beer then head home this year

iceman
3rd February 2004, 18:57
Yeah sounds likea good idea ! , never heard of it though but tell me more then and I will see if can russle-up a few more ( if there wives would let them !) :kick:

dangerous
5th February 2004, 19:37
Well, rummer has it that it aint on anyway cos theres a new publican and he dont like bikes.......to bad for him A

Jackrat
5th February 2004, 21:29
Oh well I guess he don't like money either.
Dumb prick or what? :no:

1500 Phil
19th February 2005, 12:19
Hi,
If its on can you let us know ..

I have been to most of them but Not the 2004 Rally the 2003 was CRAP !!!! :shake: and the feeling was from the 300 that turned up was, if the same happened in 2004 then there wouldn't be to many going 2005.. Maybe the New ower has killed it ..

I have been laid up since 2003 so I am not up to date with what is still going ..Now that I have had the required heart surgery I am back on my bike ..

Also does anyone know if the Gretta Valley Sundowner Rally is still on or has this bitten the dust due to over pricing by the hotlelier ???? :ar15:

Phil

scumdog
19th February 2005, 12:24
Hay all, I was woundering if any of you lot were going to the wonder rally at Waiau in a couple of weeks?
I've been to 7 and its a bloody good rally. However last year it was run under different mangement and it was crap. So I was thinking of giving it a miss this year. Any thourts

No, but I have a thought! :D :whistle:

Just wish I'd heard about it earlier.

Dodgyiti
19th February 2005, 12:53
Hey mainlanders,
Is the 'Lost Balls' still going at Hamner Hot Springs these days, my wife and I went late '90s and had an absolute ripper of a time, and we were thinking of doing that on the SI trip next year
So is it still running, is it still good?
I don't much care for golf at all, but when there are guys wandering about with wheelbarrows full of beer and ice it makes it pretty tempting. Plus we havent laughed all day like we did that time.

1500 Phil
19th February 2005, 15:07
Hi,
Hamner Rally died about 2 / 3 years ago when the new campground oweners took over.

Mind you it was a idiot Westcoast fisherman that stuffed it :angry2: by tossing a tuna bomb into the crowd and blowing a womans ankle out from under her !! it takes a wanker to stuff it !!! she spent a few days in hospital ..

It appears that many a South Island rally that is run by the Plains Motorcycle
Club has gone tits up .. or is going !!!

Clenorchy Officially cancelled

Waiau in doubt ...as it is normally this weekend

Sundowner Gretta Valley

Rallies that are on in the next few weeks

March Hare 4th to 6th March I went in 2003 No natural shade :sunny:

Bike Fest 18th to 20th March " this is worth a trip " :apint: :niceone: :2thumbsup

Regards
Phil

Hey mainlanders,
Is the 'Lost Balls' still going at Hamner Hot Springs these days, my wife and I went late '90s and had an absolute ripper of a time, and we were thinking of doing that on the SI trip next year
So is it still running, is it still good?
I don't much care for golf at all, but when there are guys wandering about with wheelbarrows full of beer and ice it makes it pretty tempting. Plus we havent laughed all day like we did that time.

dangerous
22nd February 2005, 20:32
Hi,
Mind you it was a idiot Westcoast fisherman that stuffed it :angry2: by tossing a tuna bomb into the crowd and blowing a womans ankle out from under her

Rallies that are on in the next few weeks
Sundowner Gretta Valley
March Hare
Hmmmmm.... I never heard that happened at the Wonder Rally. WTF is a tuna bomb

Are you going to any of these rallies?

LB
23rd February 2005, 04:22
What is the "Bike Fest" 18-20 March? Where is it? We'll be down South then so might go to it (so long as it doesn't involve a tent....)

Is a tuna bomb what they throw into the water to stun the fish so they can net them? Are they legal? (for fishing I mean)

dangerous
23rd February 2005, 05:08
What is the "Bike Fest" 18-20 March? Where is it? We'll be down South then so might go to it (so long as it doesn't involve a tent....)
Hororata Bike Fest, used to be called the Hog Out its at Hororta just over the bridge left at the roundabout (if comming in from Chch.
A tent you will need if staying but as its so close to town I usualy take a spin out over the Ashley and Mak georges and into the Hororata pub for a beer, there is usually more hanging out there than at thee rally site.

1500 Phil
1st March 2005, 18:50
The Tuna bomb was tossed at the Hamner rally !!!!

Also the Wonder Rally finished in 2003 was the last held ...

Hell it looks like the Plaind motorcycle club is dying ...

Phil

Hmmmmm.... I never heard that happened at the Wonder Rally. WTF is a tuna bomb

Are you going to any of these rallies?

1500 Phil
1st March 2005, 18:54
Hi Linda,
A tent is required you may get a bed at the pub up the road..

Yes a tuna bomb is for stunniing Tuna and yes I believe it is legal .

Phil

Is a tuna bomb what they throw into the water to stun the fish so they can net them? Are they legal? (for fishing I mean)

col
9th July 2006, 22:06
Hi Linda,
A tent is required you may get a bed at the pub up the road..

Yes a tuna bomb is for stunniing Tuna and yes I believe it is legal .

Phil
Hanmer Springs Bikefest 14 15 October 2006 try ringing Murry Mclean motorcycles Nelson ph 5469816 this apeared in Nelson Classic and Vintage Motorcycle Club Newsletter july 2006

Skyryder
14th July 2006, 23:09
Well I don't get to the rallys. Go for a day trip on the odd occasion.............but I ran this past Dangerous a couple of weeks ago. I just think a good Kiwibiker day ride somewhere. I'd thought about Mt Cook. That way the ride would bring in those from down the deep south and parts inbetween. Some could stay over night or do this as a day ride...............Early days on this but any thoughts??

Skyryder

scumdog
14th July 2006, 23:17
I'll go for that SR, sounds like a good spot - but only if it a KB rally (which means staying there the night) that way we get to unwind and get to know each other.
Ya can't do that in a day ride i.m.h.o.

Comments??:wait:

oldrider
14th July 2006, 23:25
I'll go for that SR, sounds like a good spot - but only if it a KB rally (which means staying there the night) that way we get to unwind and get to know each other.
Ya can't do that in a day ride i.m.h.o.

Comments??:wait:
Yep I'm keen as long as it doesn't clash with any prior arrangements count me in. John.

dangerous
15th July 2006, 09:17
skyrider, start a seperate thread, asking for ideas and to sort a time... I'm thinking warm and not on a regular rally w/e.:scooter:

Skyryder
15th July 2006, 20:43
skyrider, start a seperate thread, asking for ideas and to sort a time... I'm thinking warm and not on a regular rally w/e.:scooter:

Will do. Just flicked this on to see what response was generated.

See Mt Cook

Skyryder