PDA

View Full Version : BIKES ARE TAKING OVER

yungatart
30th September 2005, 12:16
Eighteen months ago I had to convince MSTRS that he really needed to get back in to bike riding. Now we have six bikes between three of us and you can't move around our gagre or woodshed and two of them are stored at G4E's farm. Help! Where did I go wrong? Does anyone else have this problem? Shoulda listened to my mother, she always said to be careful what you wish for.

zadok
30th September 2005, 12:17
If I had a bigger garage and an even bigger bank balance, I'd have about three bikes I reckon.

WRT
30th September 2005, 12:18
Eighteen months ago I had to convince MSTRS that he really needed to get back in to bike riding. Now we have six bikes between three of us and you can't move around our gagre or woodshed and two of them are stored at G4E's farm. Help! Where did I go wrong? Does anyone else have this problem? Shoulda listened to my mother, she always said to be careful what you wish for.

So wheres the problem? If its space, just sell some furnature?

Postie
30th September 2005, 12:19

yeah, that sounds like a real dilema.....

MSTRS
Wassamatter??? Only doing what any 'under the thumb' hubby would do. My mother told me to keep the peace at all costs. Just what I'm doing, innit??

Waylander
Now tell him he needs to trade all the sportbikes for cruisers.:headbang:

MSTRS
30th September 2005, 12:21
Now tell him he needs to trade all the sportbikes for cruisers.:headbang:
:sick: :puke: :nya:

yungatart
30th September 2005, 12:24
Now tell him he needs to trade all the sprotbikes for cruisers.:headbang:
NAhh! Started with a Sprotsbike and all by itself it bred a cruiser, 2 dirt bikes and 2 buckets.. with a sprotsbike you can have anything you want...

HDTboy
30th September 2005, 12:26
you speak like that's a bad thing

Sniper
30th September 2005, 12:27
I want a new bike. May I have one please?

MSTRS
30th September 2005, 12:28
Get yourself a wife....then anything is possible :drinkup:

Sniper
30th September 2005, 12:29

On second thoughts, keep your bikes, I don't want a wife yet. :whistle:

FROSTY
30th September 2005, 12:33
i HAVE A SIMPLE SOLUTION TO YOUR PROBLEM--BUILD A BIGGER GARGRE
or move yourselves out into the formber gargre and move the bikes into the house

MSTRS
On second thoughts, keep your bikes, I don't want a wife yet. :whistle:
Oh I can't say what you all know I'm thinking.....she's watching :sweatdrop

mstriumph
dunno --- now got three bikes ---- this is realllllly silly but ....... :love:

yungatart
30th September 2005, 12:37
i HAVE A SIMPLE SOLUTION TO YOUR PROBLEM--BUILD A BIGGER GARGRE
or move yourselves out into the formber gargre and move the bikes into the house
Gargre is actually office/workspace and not intended for storage of bikes or bike paraphenalia-and no room on section to build a bigger one. No room either to move into aforesaid gargre-Where TF do you put that hulking great drumkit????

yungatart
30th September 2005, 12:42
Damn, where's the face slapping icon :bash: off to hide GXXr keys...

Eurodave
30th September 2005, 12:44
I currently have 10 bikes [in various states of disrepair] & 2 garages Remember your bike collection will always expand to fit the space available

yungatart
30th September 2005, 12:46
I currently have 10 bikes [in various states of disrepair] & 2 garages Remember your bike collection will always expand to fit the space available
Its already outgrown the available space.

outlawtorn
30th September 2005, 12:54
move the house into the garage and put the garage into the house!!

Priorities people, come on........

hXc
30th September 2005, 12:55
I personally don't know what she is complaining about. She won't let me help by putting my 2 at home in my room. So I think she's just jealous she can't ride hers yet

Smorg
30th September 2005, 12:55

Buy mine then

Hitcher
30th September 2005, 13:06
If I had a gargre
I'd gargre in the morning
I'd gargre in the evening
All over this land...

I'd gargre out justice
I'd gargre out a wa-ar-ning
I'd gargre out a love between
My brothers and my sisters
A-a-all over this land...

Ixion
30th September 2005, 14:38

Yeah, it's odd that. 'Tis true. Or, almost. Not quite. A bike collection, with associated bits, and parts bikes etc , will always expand to fill slightly MORE than the space available. I think it's one of those natural laws, like the one about socks. Or the one that makes small parts leap from your fingers, cross several foot of space, and make a beeline dive into the tiny gap in the rags stuffing up the open crankcase mouth. Into which crankcase they immediately disappear, even thoiugh the gap is far too small for them to fit through.

Sniper
30th September 2005, 14:40
Comeon, say, I dare ya :devil2:

Eurodave
30th September 2005, 14:43
Yeah, it's odd that. 'Tis true. Or, almost. Not quite. A bike collection, with associated bits, and parts bikes etc , will always expand to fill slightly MORE than the space available. I think it's one of those natural laws, like the one about socks. Or the one that makes small parts leap from your fingers, cross several foot of space, and make a beeline dive into the tiny gap in the rags stuffing up the open crankcase mouth. Into which crankcase they immediately disappear, even thoiugh the gap is far too small for them to fit through.
-MECHANICS ODE-
"twinkle twinkle little part,
how I wonder where thou art?
I saw you roll across the floor,
I searched for you,
you are no more!"

Sniper
30th September 2005, 14:49
Buy mine then

Hmmm, how much you want? :psst:

Smorg
30th September 2005, 15:04
Hmmm, how much you want? :psst:

I want around 4k

Sniper
30th September 2005, 15:06
Is it the bike in your profile? If so, Ill talk to ms Sniper.

Smorg
30th September 2005, 15:07
Is it the bike in your profile? If so, Ill talk to ms Sniper.

:niceone: Yep thats the one mate

MSTRS
30th September 2005, 17:50
Just quietly, I'm not certain that the growth rate has yet suffered sufficient retardation to achieve equilibrium
....don't anyone breathe a word of this....
or I'll be shuffling off to meet my maker before my appointed time.

Posh Tourer :P
1st October 2005, 22:31
Meh. I have 2 bikes in no gargre. I've definitely outgrown my space. Actually make that 2 bikes in no gargre unless you count one motorcycle cover.

Although I've just gotten rid of the engine in my bedroom.....

Skyryder
2nd October 2005, 17:58
dunno --- now got three bikes ---- this is realllllly silly but ....... :love:

Not for us guys...............one for each leg. :apumpin:

Bonez
2nd October 2005, 18:28
-MECHANICS ODE-
"twinkle twinkle little part,
how I wonder where thou art?
I saw you roll across the floor,
I searched for you,
you are no more!"Black holes I tell ya. You finally end up finding them in the kids toy box.

thehollowmen
2nd October 2005, 20:23
at the start of the year there were 6 motorbikes / scooters outside the medschool at otago..

now, just coming out of winter, there are over 20

go you good things, this oil crisis may give us an advantage.

heavenly.talker
2nd October 2005, 20:25
When I met my husband he had one bike. We now have four bikes and he has just told me that he wants to start a stable of bikes.
I'm totally up for that and have told him if we won lotto the first I would want is the 1600 roadstar at holeshot at the moment.
It's so pretty! :lol: :hug: :scooter: :wari: :ride:

heavenly.talker
2nd October 2005, 20:27
P.S. The car now sleeps outside!

Macktheknife
2nd October 2005, 20:32
you make it sound like this is a bad thing?

heavenly.talker
3rd October 2005, 19:10
Hmmmm...me thinks you would give your wife a hard time! lol :bleh:

dawnrazor
3rd October 2005, 19:21
When I met my husband he had one bike. We now have four bikes and he has just told me that he wants to start a stable of bikes.
I'm totally up for that and have told him if we won lotto the first I would want is the 1600 roadstar at holeshot at the moment.
It's so pretty! :lol: :hug: :scooter: :wari: :ride:
hey wouldn't it be great if you could breed bikes, imagine the freaks that could produce. The suzcati a lovely italian with reliable electrics, that won't break the bank!

Bonez
3rd October 2005, 19:27
hey wouldn't it be great if you could breed bikes, imagine the freaks that could produce. The suzcati a lovely italian with reliable electrics, that won't break the bank!U hummmmmmmmm Cagiva already do it don't they?

heavenly.talker
4th October 2005, 15:59
Just thinking of a great name for a chopper business (NZ style)

The bike breeder!
what do you think?
lol

Back Fire
4th October 2005, 18:59
yay, and I thought it was only my familly that suffered this desease!! i'n 2 years whe have gone from 1/2 a bike to 19 bikes... and still growing... YAY :woohoo:

Storm
4th October 2005, 19:08
Hells Bells -19 !! Thats not a few, thats a bloody dealership

Waylander
4th October 2005, 19:46
Just thinking of a great name for a chopper business (NZ style)

The bike breeder!
what do you think?
lol

What kind of Chopper?

heavenly.talker
6th October 2005, 17:00
What kind of Chopper?
Any kind of chopper is available in the bikie dream land :-)

Sparky Bills
6th October 2005, 19:55
We still have room in our garage.
On a good day we will have an R1, CB900, RG150, Duc 900SS and when my flatmate finally gets in to gear, he'll have one to add to the pile.

yungatart
9th October 2005, 15:55
Well folks! The total is now up to 7! Yep, went off to buckets today with one on the trailer-came home with two. MSTRS has gone and got himself a bucket-something about the family that plays together....Looks like the fireplace might be offed for a heat pump then we can use the woodshed for bikes, where will it all end?

hXc
9th October 2005, 16:43
Well folks! The total is now up to 7! Yep, went off to buckets today with one on the trailer-came home with two. MSTRS has gone and got himself a bucket-something about the family that plays together....Looks like the fireplace might be offed for a heat pump then we can use the woodshed for bikes, where will it all end?

Correction mother: Six bikes, not seven.

heavenly.talker
12th October 2005, 20:56
Our babies (the bikes) are the most pampered members of the family too. We moved house so they all could be garaged in comfort!

I have just decided to get rid of my learners bike...suzuki volty. I learned all my trade my this little darling...it has a custom paint job, has lots of chrome, custom grips and bars...etc.

Hubbie was all for getting me a bike as long as I did all the maintenance myself. This little baby was where I learnt and practiced. You aint seen a little bike so fine until you've seen her...ah...sigh...the little girl will be leaving home...I'll give you a link to TM when I have the listing organised.

heavenly.talker
12th October 2005, 21:00
Its a hollgraphic paint job in silver/green. Forgot to add that.

If you happen to know of anyone looking for a reliable and stylish learner and that would appreciate my little darling feel free to private message me.

Cheers

yungatart
20th May 2006, 13:08
As you know, the collection of bikes in our family continues to grow, they long ago took over the woodshed, half the gargre - which is where MSTRS works. It got to the stage where he would have to shift half a dozen things to get to the one thing he needed , then put them all back again, use the one thing he needed, and then go through the process all over again, you get the idea. With temperatures dropping and the woodshed full of bikes, we decided to bite the bullet. Cap in hand, we approach the bank to finance a much bigger garage with carport out front and a heat pump in the house to replace the fireplace. A major issue was where to store our collection, thank goodness for neighbours who ride, but are more restrained in how many bikes they must have... Office transferred to spare room, dining room becomes workshop and my whole house looks like the grandkids have been given free rein for quite some time! But wait! Theres more! This is what the outside of the house looks like!! Still, you can't make an omelette without breaking eggs....
I have to confess that I can't wait to get it finished tho....

Drew
20th May 2006, 13:33
Sounds bloody good to me. I got five bikes of me own in the garage, and my lady has one.
Cant quite figure out what your problem is.

ZeroIndex
20th May 2006, 13:43
I'm slowly taking up my parents 2-car garage.. I've shifted a bunch of their stuff for my Kintetic, and when I got the Honda (Dx-mail work bike), I moved even more stuff.. my next evil plan is to kick one of their cars out the garage so I can have a proper parking space..

MSTRS
20th May 2006, 13:53
Sounds bloody good to me. I got five bikes of me own in the garage, and my lady has one.
Cant quite figure out what your problem is.
Problem? Can't quite figure...? There won't BE a problem soon (not soon enough). At least for awhile (shhhh). You know what they say about the stuff expanding to fit the available space.

yungatart
20th May 2006, 13:59
I'm slowly taking up my parents 2-car garage.. I've shifted a bunch of their stuff for my Kintetic, and when I got the Honda (Dx-mail work bike), I moved even more stuff.. my next evil plan is to kick one of their cars out the garage so I can have a proper parking space..
Ahhh...the innocence of youth!! Note the spelling....garage = for cars. The world is your oyster & there is a gargre somewhere for you.

Bonez
20th May 2006, 17:15
Last I looked I had 6 in the garage and two in the garden shed. Still plenty of room for more old, unloved jappers.

ZeroIndex
20th May 2006, 23:14
Ahhh...the innocence of youth!! Note the spelling....garage = for cars. The world is your oyster & there is a gargre somewhere for you.
my bad..
Practice: gargre, crusier, gargre, crusier..

YAY!! any others I need to remember?

Ixion
20th May 2006, 23:16
Why, to be sure.Remember that if you have a sprotsbike you may prak it in the gargre.

Big Dave
21st May 2006, 10:49
Why, to be sure.Remember that if you have a sprotsbike you may prak it in the gargre.

Your grammar has gone to pieces - there is no space between the full stop and remember. The rest is fine.

Big Dave
21st May 2006, 10:59
Last I looked I had 6 in the garage and two in the garden shed. Still plenty of room for more old, unloved jappers.

and there's always metalrecyclers too. :bye:

Only three is the BD establishment currently - but I regularly have test bikes - like Boulevarde 1800 now.

Anybody care to divulge the values of what they cost you?

Obviously only 2 are mine - but the 3 in the shed now would cost me about $61,000.

inlinefour
21st May 2006, 11:38
All those unhappy with a lack of space due to too many motorcycles, give them to me and the problem will be solved. No need for any new buildings, no need for sorted and resorting things out every time you need to get at anything, no more house that looks like the grandkids have free reign and no backyard thats resembles a broken omlette. I am happy with the 7 bikes in my garage, however there is alot more room there that I can fit alot more bikes in. I don't own a bucket, so that could be a good start. :nya:

MSTRS
21st May 2006, 17:51
All those unhappy with.....a good start. :nya:
Two words. First starts with 'F'. Second with 'O'. Perhaps.:innocent:

inlinefour
21st May 2006, 17:54
Two words. First starts with 'F'. Second with 'O'. Perhaps.:innocent:

twas just a though, trying to help and looking for freebies...:shutup:

MSTRS
21st May 2006, 17:59
twas just a though, trying to help and looking for freebies...:shutup:
Yea I know....you are a great guy just doing your bit eh?:blip: Would do the same in your shoes. It's just that you have one for each day of the week. And I'd hate for you to have more bikes than days....:nya:

inlinefour
21st May 2006, 18:01
Yea I know....you are a great guy just doing your bit eh?:blip: Would do the same in your shoes. It's just that you have one for each day of the week. And I'd hate for you to have more bikes than days....:nya:

and what would be wrong with that???:innocent:

Drew
21st May 2006, 18:07
Yip, taking in other peoples bikes is incredibly decent of you. Doin your bit for the benefit of others, I'll offer my self as a recipient of space consumers also.

yungatart
21st May 2006, 18:17
Well, actually, guys, the bikes are being gargred at our neighbours place - nice and handy in case we want to nip out for a ride. I can see that you are really kind and generous in your offers to store bikes for us. We appreciate it so much that we thought you could store this stuff for us instead - seeing as you have lots of room....
Who can see the floor?

Coyote
21st May 2006, 18:26
Well, actually, guys, the bikes are being gargred at our neighbours place - nice and handy in case we want to nip out for a ride. I can see that you are really kind and generous in your offers to store bikes for us. We appreciate it so much that we thought you could store this stuff for us instead - seeing as you have lots of room....
Who can see the floor?
Cute soft toy in the corner there. Is it hxc's?

yungatart
21st May 2006, 18:35
Cute soft toy in the corner there. Is it hxc's?
Cheeky for your size , ain't ya!
FYI - its mine- gotta problem with that???

Coyote
21st May 2006, 18:50
Cheeky for your size , ain't ya!
FYI - its mine- gotta problem with that???
I have no problems with soft toys. They are my only real friends

inlinefour
22nd May 2006, 04:41
Who can see the floor?

One mans rubbish is another man's treasure they say. I've got a green bin on wheels that some of that could be stored in, could add more every week too.:nya: Sadly I have no room for the likes of that. I started off recollecting belongings when I split with my ex and are much more carefull on what I have...:blip:

MSTRS
31st May 2006, 17:38
Oh happy happy joy joy. The site is prepared and the boxing is ready for the floor to be poured. I can see the merest hint of paleness at the far end of the tunnel.

MSTRS
17th June 2006, 10:31
This is taking soooo loooongggg......
....getting there tho.

Sniper
17th June 2006, 10:33

Ok, done that, now may I have a bike please..... :nya:

Clivoris
17th June 2006, 10:55
Ok, done that, now may I have a bike please..... :nya:
:rofl: :rofl: Are you sure it isn't in the bottom of the packaging that the wife came in? :nya: I wasn't able to get back into bikes until my awesome wife wanted baby number three. After heated and sweaty negotiations the deal was..shall we say..consumated:blip: and I've been back on two wheels for over 4 years.

MSTRS
26th June 2006, 18:59
At last....a frame, four walls AND a roof....

MSTRS
13th July 2006, 09:23
At last - the little light in the distance approacheth

paturoa
24th July 2006, 20:13
Napier is a bit far 4 me but I'm thinking a party would be in order!

MSTRS
24th July 2006, 20:23
Napier is a bit far 4 me but I'm thinking a party would be in order!
Only for our friends, you understand I'm sure.

paturoa
24th July 2006, 20:31
Only for our friends, you understand I'm sure.

looks too small for that - thats a bit sickly isn't it?

MSTRS
24th July 2006, 20:36
looks too small for that - thats a bit sickly isn't it?
Your invite (along with this month's cheque) is in the mail!!

yungatart
14th August 2006, 19:34
Yeehah! We have a new gargre with workshop and office!! Room for all the bikes. The cars are still out on the driveway, though they are under a carport now.
The business stuff is where it belongs, after many looong months being spread all around the house. I come home from work and my dining table is just as I left it, no longer do I have to face rolls of ap-tape, knives, rulers, squeegees and other assorted paraphenalia all over the place. The spare room looks like a spare room again... somewhere for me to go when MSTRS decides to snore...
MSTRS is a happy man.. we all know that a man without a shed is.....lost?
And I am a happy lady... all is right with our world again!

merv
14th August 2006, 20:04
Beautiful, that is a pretty fancy garage.

yungatart
14th August 2006, 20:12
Truth to tell, I don't think its big enough....ssh, don't tell MSTRS I said that..