PDA

View Full Version : hay fever! rant!

DemonWolf
30th September 2005, 13:49
arrrrgh... I can't get rid of this stupid hayfever.. popped pills... nose is running a fricken torrent of fluid.. I dont know where the fuck all this shit is coming from... but it wont stop.

Eyes are acting wierd.. and I'm getting cronic shoulder pains... :argh:

Rung nurse :doctor: and she'll see me soon... Hopefully she'll send me home before I become too fucked up to ride the bike home...

oh.. yeah and the sneezing... its rediculous... meh.. I dont want to be here :crybaby:

/This concludes my rant

yungatart
30th September 2005, 13:52
Get a shot of Steroids- fixes that problem real quick and lasts for months too.

DemonWolf
30th September 2005, 14:02
I'm outta here.. off home... though supervisor wasn't happy.. nurse was.. yay nurse..

jrandom
30th September 2005, 14:11
flixonase.

does what it says on the tin.

revolutionalised my life that stuff has.

all hail glaxosmithcline.

its a bit like mikey's meds, though - you'll start feeling good and forget to take it for a couple days and then bang, next thing you know your all debilitated and being locked up for something you dont quite remember.

amazing how irritable one can get with a runny nose.

Aaron
30th September 2005, 14:33
arrrrgh... I can't get rid of this stupid hayfever
Had a flat mate who looked like death when hayfever season hit. Some drugs kinda worked, others made him drousy... had all his wisdom teeth out recently and... NO HAYFEVER since, an option maybe?

Indiana_Jones
30th September 2005, 14:36
Hay fever doesn't sound very nice, I don't think I've ever had it. But MAgua gets it.

Get well soon :)

-Indy

Hitcher
30th September 2005, 17:32
flixonase.
Is that the one that makes you important?

Magua
30th September 2005, 18:30
Hayfever is the devil. I take butacort but I'm thinking of changing to something else as my eyes have been itching like crazy recently.

Phurrball
30th September 2005, 18:47
Yep - it's getting to that time of year again. Thank fark that antihistamines are subsidised now!

Will be getting me a 3 month supply of Loratadine (Generic Claratyne) with my next visit the the 'vet' on Monday. It's arse going to the doctor merely for drugs - but at least I'll be getting TWO 3 month supplies...

(Settle! It's just thyroxine 'cos I have no thyroid anymore...pills for life, me...)

inlinefour
30th September 2005, 18:54
They got upset when I self diagnosed myself with it though (I'm a comprehensive RN). Got a spray & some pills, can let you know how they work if you like. :argh:

cowpoos
30th September 2005, 19:23
Get a shot of Steroids- fixes that problem real quick and lasts for months too.

please do explain this interesting theory to me???

cowpoos
30th September 2005, 19:31
its a odd illness hayfever....affects people in different ways...with differing reasons...I'm a serve suffer at times....I have in the past been hopital-ised and givin adreniluin...

I've tryed alsorts of different drugs....but I keep going back to the tried and true clarintyne...other people find other drugs better....and as my doc says not all drugs work the same on all people...flixonase from what I gather is a decongestante....not a anti-histemine....if I use that it would only work for 15-30mins...I have to use anti-histemines...as they have a prolonged affect...
and I don't like the feeling of fluid in my lungs.....ewwww

the other odd thing about hayfever as it can come and go...you could be 40....or 4 and get it once...and never again...

jrandom
30th September 2005, 19:58
flixonase from what I gather is a decongestante....not a anti-histemine

flixonase is a corticosteroid.

you're probably thinking of bronchial dilators like pseudoephedrine. and yes, those are pointless for hayfever.

cowpoos
30th September 2005, 20:10
flixonase is a corticosteroid.

you're probably thinking of bronchial dilators like pseudoephedrine. and yes, those are pointless for hayfever.

thanks fish.....

could you explain yungatart theory on the steriods???

jrandom
30th September 2005, 20:15
could you explain yungatart theory on the steriods???

wikipedia comes to the rescue regarding steroids (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steroid) and, specifically, corticosteroids (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corticosteroid), the anti-inflammatory effect of which makes them useful for suppressing allergic rhinitis.

RiderInBlack
30th September 2005, 20:21
They got upset when I self diagnosed myself with it though (I'm a comprehensive RN). Got a spray & some pills, can let you know how they work if you like. :argh:Ex-RN, and yep done the same thing. Funny thing is that I have had "Seasonal Colds" for years. Now I take Claramax if I feel it coming on, no more "Seasonal Colds". Blood Doctors aren't that smart (as any RN will tell you). I have found that the symtoms are stronger this spring, and think at has to do with the mild winter we have had up here causing an early Spring. Lot more fu*ken Pines as well:finger:Bloody nose gets blocked. Have used flixonase, but I don't like the more frequent nose bleeds it gives me.

cowpoos
30th September 2005, 20:23
yep....but how does a "shot last for months" and what would this product be called...I've never heard of such a treatment...and I ask my doc...100's of questions about treatments....I'm interested?

Groins_NZ
30th September 2005, 21:11
yep....but how does a "shot last for months" and what would this product be called...I've never heard of such a treatment...and I ask my doc...100's of questions about treatments....I'm interested?

Kenacort is the one I use and as far as I know you still need a prescription. Comes in 1mL ampoules, use two as a single does and again in three months if needed.

It's injected, in your buttocks usually.

It is a corticosteroid and has a 'slow release' action. I've used it for several years now. You can take supplements as well when needed - when you're having a particulary bad day for example.

Personally, if hayfever is messing with your normal way of life then go see your doctor and ask about Kenacort - could be worth your while.
<P>
<B><font size="4" color="red">"</B></font>
<font size="3"><B>CORTICOSTEROIDS Glucocorticoid Effects (Systemic)</B>

Description

Corticosteroids (kor-ti-koe-STER-oyds) (cortisone-like medicines) are used to provide relief for inflamed areas of the body. They lessen swelling, redness, itching, and allergic reactions. They are often used as part of the treatment for a number of different diseases, such as severe allergies or skin problems, asthma, or arthritis. Corticosteroids may also be used for other conditions as determined by your doctor.

Your body naturally produces certain cortisone-like hormones that are necessary to maintain good health. If your body does not produce enough, your doctor may have prescribed this medicine to help make up the difference.</i></font>
<font size="4" color="red">"</B></font>
</P>
For more info: http://www.drugs.com/xq/cfm/pageID_0/brand_Kenacort/qx/index.htm
<BR>
<BR>

cowpoos
30th September 2005, 21:28
Kenacort is the one I use and as far as I know you still need a prescription. Comes in 1mL ampoules, use two as a single does and again in three months if needed.

It's injected, in your buttocks usually.

It is a corticosteroid and has a 'slow release' action. I've used it for several years now. You can take supplements as well when needed - when you're having a particulary bad day for example.

Personally, if hayfever is messing with your normal way of life then go see your doctor and ask about Kenacort - could be worth your while.
<P>
<B><font size="4" color="red">"</B></font>
<font size="3"><B>CORTICOSTEROIDS Glucocorticoid Effects (Systemic)</B>

Description

Corticosteroids (kor-ti-koe-STER-oyds) (cortisone-like medicines) are used to provide relief for inflamed areas of the body. They lessen swelling, redness, itching, and allergic reactions. They are often used as part of the treatment for a number of different diseases, such as severe allergies or skin problems, asthma, or arthritis. Corticosteroids may also be used for other conditions as determined by your doctor.

Your body naturally produces certain cortisone-like hormones that are necessary to maintain good health. If your body does not produce enough, your doctor may have prescribed this medicine to help make up the difference.</i></font>
<font size="4" color="red">"</B></font>
</P>
For more info: http://www.drugs.com/xq/cfm/pageID_0/brand_Kenacort/qx/index.htm
<BR>
<BR>

Thanks mate...I'll have a chat to my doc next time I'm there...
which won't be far off...I havn't fallen off my farm bike [kawa klx300r] for a while now....it must be due...especially with new tyres fitted....exploring the limits again...Weeeeeeee!!!

oldrider
30th September 2005, 21:43
Hey Groins NZ, I Looked at your bike pic, that is a bloody nice looking bike! Must be brand new pipes aren't even coloured.

Hayfever, drink more fresh water. At least 8x8oz glasses a day. First pee of the day fill up with fresh water strait away, (2x8oz glasses). Dehydration raises your histamine levels so you start taking antihistamines and so it goes on. Try it, water doesn't cost you anything. How much are you paying for your antihistamines? Cheers John. :drinkup: (Water, nothing else)

Groins_NZ
30th September 2005, 22:57
Hey Groins NZ, I Looked at your bike pic, that is a bloody nice looking bike! Must be brand new pipes aren't even coloured.

Thanks <B>oldrider</B>. The pipes arent new but I recently spent some time polishing them up again which got rid of a lot of the colour, some rust and scratches, plus, using a digital camera is good at disguising finer details.

What's the seat height like on your Transalp (nice looking bit of kit by the way)?
<BR>
<BR>

laRIKin
1st October 2005, 09:55
I to have the worst hay fever I have ever had.
Well I think that it is hay fever.
But I have a sore throat as well, never had that before.
So I may have the flue again, FI.

So do any of you guys getting a sore throat as well????
It's not real sore more uncomfortable.

Rik

PS: I using Polaramine, seems to work.

inlinefour
1st October 2005, 10:46
Ex-RN, and yep done the same thing. Funny thing is that I have had "Seasonal Colds" for years. Now I take Claramax if I feel it coming on, no more "Seasonal Colds". Blood Doctors aren't that smart (as any RN will tell you). I have found that the symtoms are stronger this spring, and think at has to do with the mild winter we have had up here causing an early Spring. Lot more fu*ken Pines as well:finger:Bloody nose gets blocked. Have used flixonase, but I don't like the more frequent nose bleeds it gives me.

Within half an hour of taking the first pill, what an amazing difference! I feel soooooooooooooo good! :apumpin:

oldrider
1st October 2005, 12:13
What's the seat height like on your Transalp

Hi Groins NZ, the seat I have now is a "Rider" by MacDonalds Tauranga.I sent the seat up and they altered it.
I didn't know the height so I have just been out and measured it. 810mm (3"2ins)
I can comfortably flat foot it on both sides at rest. The seat in the pic is the origional and was the most uncomfortable seat I have ever known on a bike.
Mrs O/R still can't reach the ground though so she doesn't ride it. She finds it very comfortable on the back. Cheers John.
PS: is your seat a "Corban"? It looks pretty flash.

Juan
3rd October 2005, 06:06
Shit... must start taking the pills again, forgot it's spring where we are heading in two week :eek5: :eek5:

Off to find them :slap:

RiderInBlack
3rd October 2005, 06:43
Shit... must start taking the pills again, forgot it's spring where we are heading in two week :eek5: :eek5:

Off to find them :slap:You come to visit Us?:cool:

Juan
3rd October 2005, 06:56
You come to visit Us?:cool:

Oh Yes...meeting Slim in Aus for Moto Gp (how cool is that... me at the best GP :banana: ) then over to your place on the foolwing Tuesday ( twoo weeks away!!) to again stay with Slim and her Man for 3 1/2 weeks... What a star :yes:

Party on :banana: :banana: :banana: