PDA

View Full Version : Only in America

Jackrat
2nd February 2004, 08:47
I found this on another bike site,Thought some of you might find it amusing.
http://johntitor.com/
So there you go your not as crazy as you would like to think.

Motu
2nd February 2004, 12:24
I don't know about this guy - when I went forward to 2038 for my holidays last year,they had never heard of this guy,so your guess is as good as mine.

I took the XS1 with me... I didn't know how I would cope with the machines of that time - they were very impressed and may reinvent the motorcycle based on the XS650,so some good came of my trip at least.

matthewt
2nd February 2004, 12:30
when I went forward to 2038 for my holidays last year

You didn't notice if wkid was still bikeless yet posted more message than anyone else did 32 years from now did you ?? :eyepoke:

Motu
2nd February 2004, 12:56
They were all bikeless mate,I caused quite a stir on the old Yamaha.MV Augusta moved into the sex industry - they make a mean looking G string,complete with carbon fibre butt plug,so their previous customer base is well catered for.

matthewt
2nd February 2004, 14:14
MV Augusta moved into the sex industry - they make a mean looking G string,complete with carbon fibre butt plug,so their previous customer base is well catered for.

Hmm, that would make sense, I know a few MV owners that have a real carbon fetish, although I wouldn't like to see them in the G string :thud:

k14
2nd February 2004, 14:35
Be really funny to see the look on your guys faces when a civil war does break out in america in the next year or so :bleh:

But that guy must be given credit for pulling a pretty good trick. He must know quite abit about quantum theory and physics to say all of that. Anyway, who's to say that it isnt true.

duckman
10th February 2004, 10:45
I've just spent the last hour reading all the posts from this guy. ( perhaps a waste of an hour), Now I'm really looking forward to the US elections!!

If this guy is just a hoax, :doh: , Then he's a bloody convincing one :sly:

Jackrat
10th February 2004, 14:52
I've just spent the last hour reading all the posts from this guy. ( perhaps a waste of an hour), Now I'm really looking forward to the US elections!!

If this guy is just a hoax, :doh: , Then he's a bloody convincing one :sly:

Well we don't have long to wait do we.
I might be a little more convinced if he came from Taneatua or He had a good looking women that fancyed me,But well you know :D

flynguzzi
10th February 2004, 15:28
whooooooooo...It must have been a trick of destiny to find KiwiBiker and then score this link! Gives me some idea of how much time I have left to tour the country on the Guzzi before civil strife hits. No where does this linked site mention one thing about motorcycles surviving WW3, anybody want to buy my old Duck before its too late? All you and the Aussies have to do is repel the Chinese, you can do that now by not allowing any WalMarts' to be built in your country. You folks have is soooo good! jb

Hitcher
10th February 2004, 16:42
This guy is/was a hoax. Only in America would they believe otherwise. Geez Louise -- time travel?? Coming back through time to get parts from an obsolete computer... Why not use your perfect hindsight to stop the armageddon that created the imperfect world in which you live?? And it's only on the Internet!! Get real.

And there are a few obvious and straightforward questions that could be asked that would prove beyond reasonable doubt that this is just fanciful barking mad nutsville shite!

Jackrat
10th February 2004, 17:34
whooooooooo...It must have been a trick of destiny to find KiwiBiker and then score this link! Gives me some idea of how much time I have left to tour the country on the Guzzi before civil strife hits. No where does this linked site mention one thing about motorcycles surviving WW3, anybody want to buy my old Duck before its too late? All you and the Aussies have to do is repel the Chinese, you can do that now by not allowing any WalMarts' to be built in your country. You folks have is soooo good! jb

Hey I wouldn,t go selling my baby just yet mate,,I mean he might just be having some fun Aye.WallMart's I'm not to sure about but we got The WhareHouse where we can buy a TV or Video,Radio,clothing and other such things that are garranteed to last till you get out the car park.Same type of thing maybe???.
Cheers.

angle
10th February 2004, 19:31
I found this on another bike site,Thought some of you might find it amusing.
http://johntitor.com/
So there you go your not as crazy as you would like to think.

Ha ha, Jackrat thanks for the link, I've been laughing and nearly rolling on the floor for a good quarter of an hour! :lol: :2thumbsup :not:

k14
11th February 2004, 06:51
This guy is/was a hoax. Only in America would they believe otherwise. Geez Louise -- time travel?? Coming back through time to get parts from an obsolete computer... Why not use your perfect hindsight to stop the armageddon that created the imperfect world in which you live?? And it's only on the Internet!! Get real.

And there are a few obvious and straightforward questions that could be asked that would prove beyond reasonable doubt that this is just fanciful barking mad nutsville shite!

I dont think that you can actually 100% justify saying that. If so, please explain the physics behind it. Being a physics student at university, i can not find any faults in his reasoning behind the way in which he travels. Of course i am sceptical, but in science you are taught to believe such things untill proven wrong by experimental or other means. How can you prove this wrong?

Even if there isnt a civil war in america starting in the next 12-18 months, you could say that we were on a different world line to his and something that happened made it so that there was no war.

I dont believe it 100%, but i dont disregard it either. If it is a hoax, the guy must have a PhD in quantum mechanics or something like that, cause he is incredibly convincing.

Hitcher
11th February 2004, 10:19
I dont think that you can actually 100% justify saying that. If so, please explain the physics behind it. Being a physics student at university, i can not find any faults in his reasoning behind the way in which he travels. Of course i am sceptical, but in science you are taught to believe such things untill proven wrong by experimental or other means. How can you prove this wrong?

Even if there isnt a civil war in america starting in the next 12-18 months, you could say that we were on a different world line to his and something that happened made it so that there was no war.

I dont believe it 100%, but i dont disregard it either. If it is a hoax, the guy must have a PhD in quantum mechanics or something like that, cause he is incredibly convincing.

Well let's not deal with fundamental flaws in the scientific model of developing an hypothesis then setting out to prove it correct. It only takes one observation to prove something incorrect.

In simple terms, unless this guy's technology involves some sort of "catflap" model to go to and from specific points in time, he will have to do it the old-fashioned way, involving warp speed. And I understand enough about physics to know that travel faster than the speed of light poses its own special set of problems (mass tends to infinity, accelerating that mass to the required speed, that sort of thing).

The catflap or portal model, while interesting science fiction, poses issues of knowing exactly where the catflap opens -- and then there's your excellent point about different world lines. It would be a bastard to go to all of the trouble of going back in time to grab a computer component to discover that UNIX hadn't been invented on that world line! Then, in a fit of picque returning back to your present to discover that you had landed on on a different world line there and your parents had died in a car accident before you were born... Woo hoo!

flynguzzi
11th February 2004, 13:30
Ya Jackrat, Walmart is the scourge on our continent right now, undercutting prices on most local businesses and driving them out. They have singlehandedly changed the local culture of many smaller towns like ours (28,000) by bringing their huge 'SuperCenters in, and they continue to pop up like mold on a white wall all over. They are now expanding into Europe, so it may just be a matter of time before they hit down under. They thrive and profit on low pricing by buying a HUGE amount of merchandise and are able to dictate terms to the vendors, many times 10-20% under manufacturers or distributors wholesale cost they charge to other businesses. 60-80% of everything they sell is Made in China. Billions and billions of dollars a year into the Chinese government's pockets will make that country a Super Duper Power very soon, hense my off handed comment about repelling the Chinese.
Well, being as my time is short here now, better go change the air in the bike tires, spring will be here soon and I will have to ride my arse off before the elections in November..... :bye: jb

Jackrat
11th February 2004, 14:09
Ya Jackrat, Walmart is the scourge on our continent right now, undercutting prices on most local businesses and driving them out. They have singlehandedly changed the local culture of many smaller towns like ours (28,000) by bringing their huge 'SuperCenters in, and they continue to pop up like mold on a white wall all over. They are now expanding into Europe, so it may just be a matter of time before they hit down under. They thrive and profit on low pricing by buying a HUGE amount of merchandise and are able to dictate terms to the vendors, many times 10-20% under manufacturers or distributors wholesale cost they charge to other businesses. 60-80% of everything they sell is Made in China. Billions and billions of dollars a year into the Chinese government's pockets will make that country a Super Duper Power very soon, hense my off handed comment about repelling the Chinese.
Well, being as my time is short here now, better go change the air in the bike tires, spring will be here soon and I will have to ride my arse off before the elections in November..... :bye: jb

Yeah same thing :angry2:

riffer
11th February 2004, 14:17
Yeah same thing :angry2:
The only consolation for us at present is that because of the rampaging NZ Dollar, the Whorehouse has taken an absolute bath in recent times, as they purchase stuff way in advance...

No sympathy for those big buggers however. I watched my father go through the anguish of trying to compete with a small stationery business as Whitcoulls/BlueStar etc undercut him and his ilk out of business ten years ago.

It was terrible to watch him have to close down the business his father started in the late 1940s and go to work for those bastards where they treated him like shit.

And now they decide they are closing down their call centre so they can open a new one up in the sticks in Canterbury (not that Canterbury is the sticks, the call centre will be in the countryside) as they can employ dirt cheap labour there...

Screw them all. People think they are getting a really good deal but they don't realise its killing their own economy to do so. The Warehouse is killing this country's small towns.

just my $0.02

kasper
11th February 2004, 15:44

The guy could just be a selfish person who doesn't mind leaving things as they are.

Also regarding it being not posible.

Imagine telling some one in the dark ages what the world would be like nowadays and they would say that it is not posible, yet we are doing it now.

wkid_one
11th February 2004, 16:48
Kinda like the movie K Pax really.......

If I came back it would be to invest in the sharemarket and make shit loads of money on my return to the future.

Big Dog
11th February 2004, 17:09
Kinda like the movie K Pax really.......

If I came back it would be to invest in the sharemarket and make shit loads of money on my return to the future.
Or terminator,
Or Eliminator,
Or SG1
Or just about any time travel sci-fi.

His "predictions" are even less specific than Nostradamus.

If you are vague enough then your predictions can never be wrong.

Computer mem and power will increase in leaps and bounds...... duh.

The only thing that he seems sure about is that the russians would start a war in 2015.... How many of you will remember that prediction in 11 years time? Will you remember if it does not come true...... this looks like a troll who a few too many people took seriously to me.

Entertaining...... about as much as a tarot reading is by a good performer anyway.

k14
12th February 2004, 10:13
If you read a little closer, you will see he makes predictions that might come true in the next 1-2 years.

Like the fact that the US civil war starts soon after this years elections. This years olympic games are the last untill 2040 (i think) and many other events that will prove/disprove weather or not he is full of it or telling the truth.

Big Dog
12th February 2004, 11:34
If you read a little closer, you will see he makes predictions that might come true in the next 1-2 years.

Like the fact that the US civil war starts soon after this years elections. This years olympic games are the last untill 2040 (i think) and many other events that will prove/disprove weather or not he is full of it or telling the truth.

All very bold claims, all seem very probable at the moment but does anyone know who he is? :sneaky2:

georgedubyabush
12th February 2004, 14:12
http://www.idlewords.com/weblog.09.2003.html

"Best practises for time travellers"
A shortish sceptical viewpoint. A google search brings up a hell of a lot on this guy.