PDA

View Full Version : Want to work in motorcycling heaven?

Jantar
1st October 2005, 02:41
If you love the South Island's roads and scenery. :ride:

If you enjoy really hot summers and brisk refreshing winters. :sunny:

And if you are a motivated person who enjoys being able to ride on any day of the week and not just weekends, then this may be the job for you.

http://archive.odt.co.nz/Repository/ml.asp?Ref=T0RULzIwMDUvMDkvMjQjQWQxMjEwMg==&Mode=G&Locale=english

scumdog
1st October 2005, 05:00
Does this mean you're about to get an assistant?

Jantar
1st October 2005, 05:09
Not an assistant, another full member of the team to replace the guy who resigned recently.

Blackbird
1st October 2005, 08:10
Hello Malcolm

Sounds like a good job. You should be in Marketing with the phrase "refreshing winters" :niceone: Trips off the tongue nicely.

Ummmm......refresh my memory..minus 6 degrees was the temperature you put a jersey on under your leathers, wasn't it?? :whistle:

Cheers

Geoff

Dadpole
1st October 2005, 13:19
Very tempting - but wrong quals. Would love to live down your way. Just wrap up warm for those winter days :cold:

skelstar
1st October 2005, 13:45
Im an electronics enginer with hankerings for central life...do I fit the bill?

Jantar
1st October 2005, 19:02
Im an electronics enginer with hankerings for central life...do I fit the bill?

The word "engineer" means that you would be suitable for this job. PM me for more details.

oldrider
3rd October 2005, 12:43
Perhaps I could come out of retirement and start all over but that might startle the natives too much. Cheers John.

Jantar
26th January 2006, 19:25
Congratulations K14. :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Skyryder
26th January 2006, 21:10
Perhaps I could come out of retirement and start all over but that might startle the natives too much. Cheers John.

I can just see all the grass skirts coming off. Get Spank and his camera.

Skyryder

Sniper
27th January 2006, 10:41
Well done K14

scumdog
28th January 2006, 00:01
Well done K14

Yeah well if he had got his shit together he could have come over to the West Coast with us Otago KBers and gone to Woodstock eh??

Better luck with the Vincent

Jantar
28th January 2006, 00:11
No such luck ScumDog. We'll be working him so hard that he'll be lucky to get to next Year's Vincent Rally.

But I guess if I work the roster carefully we might let him make the Brass Monkey and the Roxburgh Rally. :ride: :ride:

k14
16th February 2006, 15:03
No such luck ScumDog. We'll be working him so hard that he'll be lucky to get to next Year's Vincent Rally.

But I guess if I work the roster carefully we might let him make the Brass Monkey and the Roxburgh Rally. :ride: :ride:
If i start growing the beard now do ya reckon i might blend in? Dont want to look like a poser now do I :bleh:

Blackbird
16th February 2006, 15:25
If i start growing the beard now do ya reckon i might blend in? Dont want to look like a poser now do I :bleh:
No fancy cordura jackets and pants either - suck up to Malcolm by taking a leaf out of his book and wearing beeswax-soaked black leathers - promotion in no time:yeah:

k14
16th February 2006, 15:30
No fancy cordura jackets and pants either - suck up to Malcolm by taking a leaf out of his book and wearing beeswax-soaked black leathers - promotion in no time:yeah:
nah no need to suck up to him, we're "equals" :whistle:, its the big boss i need to suck up to. he's just recently bought a 250 so there's hope.

idb
16th February 2006, 15:30
I think you'll find it's spelt "poseur" - eh ZZR?

Kickaha
16th February 2006, 20:00
If i start growing the beard now do ya reckon i might blend in?

Better brush up on your banjo playing to

Jantar
17th February 2006, 16:14
nah no need to suck up to him, we're "equals" :whistle:, its the big boss i need to suck up to. he's just recently bought a 250 so there's hope.

Yes, Its a flat structure, so no promotion as such. But K14 can improve his chances of moving up the salary scale more rapidly by following a few simple procedures.

Such as: Polish Mike's Yamaha 80 scooter; keep Boyd's GZ250 in good tune; wax my leathers weekly (no-one but me works on my bike); Regularly service Colin's mountain bike; Supply cream buns for morning tea each day. In other words just the basic small things that are expected from any new employee. :innocent: