PDA

View Full Version : A bit of Honda humour.

Stormer
24th October 2002, 19:27
For a bit of lighthearted motorcycle humour try...
www.cycletownusa.com .Go to "Funny Stuff", and click on
"The Joy of Motorcycle Riding".Good for a laugh!

Ride safe,
Stormer.

wari
28th October 2002, 02:21
I've never had a nod or wave from a Harley Rider ...

kawasaki kid
1st November 2002, 16:15
yep harley riders never wave it would be beneath them to wave to someone on anything but a harley.i ve been to rallies were they wont park near any thing remotely jap and wont even talk to you.
remember its not what you ride but if you ride!

most harley owners i have met know nothing about their bike or bikes in general and only buy the bloody old tractors because of the wank value of the name on the tank.but having said that i know some bloody good guys who ride compressors so its a bit of a generalisation.still i would rather ride a bike that didnt need refuelling or repairing every 10 km

SpankMe
1st November 2002, 16:31
Yep, Harley riders are not the friendliest. My impression of Harley riders is guys reaching the mid life crisis so they want to get into motorbikes. And of course they go buy a Harley.

I was riding behind one Harley rider on a chopper with the extra long handlebars and wide foot pegs. The guy was stretched out like a starfish.

kawasaki kid
1st November 2002, 16:35
someone should tell them how stupid they look
how the hell could you hang off something like that all day let alone handle the bloody thing

onearmedbandit
1st November 2002, 17:09
Seen these quotes on another site.

"95% of all Harleys are still on the road today, the other 5% made it home"

"Would you fly in a plane made by Harley Davidson?"

:bigthumb:

kawasaki kid
1st November 2002, 17:15
be fair harley make some of the best boat anchors in the world

Stormer
1st November 2002, 17:31
And of course Honda riders always give the most waves!!!
(Just like our friend in "The Joy of Motorcycle Riding")

Ride safe,
Stormer

Nukles
1st November 2002, 21:04
very interesting thing i noticed in the last two years.

custom riders (HOGS and such) will not wave at sport bikes unless they are Triumph or Ducati.

i rarely got a wave from one of them untill i got a SpeedTriple two years ago and then they even came to talk to me complimenting on my bike.

after that i got an SP-1... it was all over. exept for a few who were just infatuated with the NOIZE it made :bigthumb:

and now with a Ducati Monster, they'd even invite me for dinner :D
and they all give me a big " :bigthumb: " when i make it rumble the ground. i think they just aknoledge thumping sounds.

:confused: go figure :confused:

slmcknight
5th November 2002, 06:41
Originally posted by SpankMe
My impression of Harley riders is guys reaching the mid life crisis so they want to get into motorbikes. And of course they go buy a Harley.

Nothing bad about going through a mid-life crisis. :(
I was 30 years old, house in the burbs, accountant, climbing the corporate ladder when I decided to get a bike. Althought I got a sportbike (YZF600), mid life crisis can be fun:D :D :D :bigthumb:

You just have to know how to channel them.:beer:

moko
11th November 2002, 10:58
Over here in summer all the posers come out and without fail they all ignore everybody else,as do Harley riders,B.M. owners e.t.c.,come winter and they all disappear and it`s the year round bikers who slide through the winter,every bike nearly that you see on the roads then will give you a nod or a wave.To be fair to the harley riders though it`s probably very hard to see with your head stuck up your arse so maybe that`s why they`re so ignorant,funny thing is the bikes are a heap of shit and you`d think they`d be grateful that anyone had noticed them.

mr womble
12th November 2002, 06:04
I have seen these printed on T-shirts

I most point out that i have owned a good few bikes over the years & i would say 95% of them have been honda's

Had
One
Never
Drive
Another

&

I would rather put my sister in a whore house than let her ride a Honda

:bash:

wari
12th November 2002, 20:05
They must just be refering to Honda cars eh ...

I wouldn't own a Honda car .... but the bikes are well worth having IMHO.:done: