PDA

View Full Version : Who else besides Hitcher?

merv
2nd February 2004, 18:00
I went back to work today and one person in the office said she was coming home over the 'takas about 5pm yesterday and someone was lying on the middle of the road just by the tight right hand bend at the end of the passing lane on the down hill Wellington side of the summit. She told me there was no sign of a damaged car or anything and I asked what about a bike and she hadn't noticed one but had noticed the person on the ground under a blanket was wearing boots. Sounds a bit like a biker, otherwise would have to be a tramper or someone that had been hit.

Anyone else know anything about this. We know it wasn't Hitcher because he crashed the day before.

... and we know it wasn't Wkid because he's not riding at the moment.

wkid_one
2nd February 2004, 18:54
Feck - really - hope they are okay....the whole blanket thing doesn't sound too flash tho

LB
3rd February 2004, 04:59
Haven't heard anything....I'll put some feelers out.

Hitcher
3rd February 2004, 08:27
It hurts, it still hurts...

Getting an accident assessment done on the bike tomorrow. Ouch!

I hope the other (Sunday) guy is OK. "Lying under a blanket" doesn't sound too flash...

It would have been fairly persisting down up the 'takas on Sunday too. Not much fun.

Slingshot
3rd February 2004, 10:02
I drove over the hill on Sunday, can't remember the exact time but it was late afternoon. I was heading back to Wgtn and I think it was the corner after muldoons corner the was a flat deck tow truck on the side of the road and the driver was just strapping a bike on, the bike was lying down on it's side. It was yellow, that's about all I could see. It looked like a pretty new bike but I couldn't tell what it was, naked I think.