PDA

View Full Version : Crap day in AKL

Big Dave
2nd October 2005, 15:39
Pissed down all afternoon - was going to go to pukekohe and photograph the races via the monthly RAT ride - but scwew dat we said - played mall rats in the merc instead.

Who else pillowed, hmmmm?

dveus
2nd October 2005, 15:55
Was also planning on going out to Pukekohe for a nosey. Ended up sitting infront of the xbox most the day instead.

justsomeguy
2nd October 2005, 15:59
Was supposed to be a spare hand at puke with the crew- but since more skilled hands were in supply I stayed home....

Went for a bit of a ride over the shore to visit someone and that's about it.........

Wonder how the KB racers did :first:

Waylander
2nd October 2005, 16:01
Was gonna pull the front wireing of the bike appart and clean it up a bit but the rain put knots to that plan. Would do it in the garage but no room cause my moms crap is still in there and she wont move it out till she gets her house built.

At least the rain smells nice through the open windows and doors.

bugjuice
2nd October 2005, 16:01
well I went to Puke to help out MR, all the classes got one race in, then the heavens opened (monsoon). We waited for about 20 odd minutes (may be more), then they announced the racing off - just as we were gonna swap the slicks for wets. Sat around chatting for a bit longer, cos we couldn't pack up much until some others moved out of the way, then got on with it. Rode home, got soaked thru, had a shower, watched some TV (still watching), and posting here..

yungatart
2nd October 2005, 16:02
Crap weather here too, was gonna go out to fine tune my skills a little but I really am a fair weather rider,stayed home instead and watched MSTRS and HXC sprucing up the new bucket...quite like watching others work..

justsomeguy
2nd October 2005, 16:06
well I went to Puke to help out MR, all the classes got one race in, then the heavens opened (monsoon). We waited for about 20 odd minutes (may be more), then they announced the racing off - just as we were gonna swap the slicks for wets. Sat around chatting for a bit longer, cos we couldn't pack up much until some others moved out of the way, then got on with it. Rode home, got soaked thru, had a shower, watched some TV (still watching), and posting here..

How did everyone do??

SlideMoto
2nd October 2005, 16:13
How did everyone do??

Some guy on a ZXR400 I think it was 2 smoker? absolutely cleaned up the f3 field. f1-f2 was good with Lance Lowe and Craig Sherrifs having a good battle for a while, then Sherifs pissed off after some dude on a ZX10. Almost got him to.

Ran into White trash wingeing anbout how he wanted to race. Then he went FLYING past us on the way home in the pissing rain. Fuck it was heavy rain.

bugjuice
2nd October 2005, 16:20
2Smoke smoked F3. MR got 7th from the back of the grid for his first race. F2 can't remember who won, F1 Carey Brier (me mate) had a stonkin race. Not a great start, but quickly took the lead and kept it. Sherifs could have been a threat given a few more laps..
But the race of the day I reckon is the F3 class.. so many KBer's in the class, they might as well rename it. Chris did a top job from the start, everyone else had a really really good close race. But I'm sure they'll all say their bit soon enough

justsomeguy
2nd October 2005, 16:22
2Smoke smoked F3. MR got 7th from the back of the grid for his first race. F2 can't remember who won, F1 Carey Brier (me mate) had a stonkin race. Not a great start, but quickly took the lead and kept it. Sherifs could have been a threat given a few more laps..
But the race of the day I reckon is the F3 class.. so many KBer's in the class, they might as well rename it. Chris did a top job from the start, everyone else had a really really good close race. But I'm sure they'll all say their bit soon enough

Did Frosty and Quasi race too??

Quasievil
2nd October 2005, 16:42
Quasi did race, but Quasi's bike didnt want to get out of bed this morning as it wouldnt provide any power from about 12000rmps - 14500rpm, so I suffered in the straights. I also think I geared it to low maybe I dunno !!!
Will be taking it into the shop to get the carbs seen to and re jetted on a dyno or sumthing.
The rest of the bike went well, I had alot of fun with Tourque on his GSX400R but we were scrapping in 13 and 14th place.
Got only one race in before the weather turned to shite and the day was canned, it was good.

on a seperate note Damn the TS fella can Haul Arse !!! that boy needs sponsorship

crashe
2nd October 2005, 16:45
Was supposed to be a spare hand at puke with the crew

You were supposed to be out there to help them in the pit... So if you went then you would know...
Sorry if that sounds bitchy... but if you say you are gonna help then you turn up to help.

Now as to what I did on this crap day in Auckland... I laid on the couch or played on the comp and even had a wee nap on the couch...
But then I am down with the god damn flu but again.
Been watching the racing on TV1.....

Sensei
2nd October 2005, 16:49
Was talking to Shaun Harris on friday said he was gong to Pukey to try his K5 & his 820 Suzuki out did he manage to get out ?? Sounds abit like down here wet but I still went out for a Wheel spin tho :niceone:

Riff Raff
2nd October 2005, 16:49
Oh harden up people.... I've been up since 4.30am and out and about all day in the rain - Damn work!

dss3
2nd October 2005, 16:55
Quasi did race, but Quasi's bike didnt want to get out of bed this morning as it wouldnt provide any power from about 12000rmps - 14500rpm, so I suffered in the straights. I also think I geared it to low maybe I dunno !!!
Will be taking it into the shop to get the carbs seen to and re jetted on a dyno or sumthing.
The rest of the bike went well, I had alot of fun with Tourque on his GSX400R but we were scrapping in 13 and 14th place.
Got only one race in before the weather turned to shite and the day was canned, it was good.

on a seperate note Damn the TS fella can Haul Arse !!! that boy needs sponsorship

Had a pretty good day too, considering weather and all. Think we were lucky to get even one dry race in before the predicted rain arrived.

Warm up/qualifying was pretty slow and trying to remeber how to go round puke and what gears etc to use. Qualified 8th which suprised me a bit as I was stll kinda touring.

Then for the first race, what a buzz being first timie in a proper race. The starts are crazy, so many bikes fighting so colse together for the same space and no one giving an inch. Did ok at the start, and then passed a couple of people. Twosmoker and two others cleared out at the front leaving Frosty, Shade, some GP trading dude and me battling it out for 4th. We were passing each other a few times each lap and we all had a turn at holding 4th at some point. Each of us faster at different points on the track, Frosty kept mowing me down on the straight. Shade took a tumble on the last lap coming onto the straight, looking for a way passed the others. I swerved a little to avoid running into him and then when I looked back up the other two had bolted. Checked there was no-one behind me and then settled for 6th.

All in all a pretty good introduction to racing, now bring on a dry meeting!

Ciao
Daryl

justsomeguy
2nd October 2005, 17:03
You were supposed to be out there to help them in the pit... So if you went then you would know...
Sorry if that sounds bitchy... but if you say you are gonna help then you turn up to help.

I was told that there were enough skilled people there to provide enough help and my services weren't required. So shush it.....:angry:

Sorry if that sounds bitchy... but if you don't know the full story it is very RUDE to assume stuff.

Firefight
2nd October 2005, 17:15
Stopped by to see a couple of the wanna be racers, great to see a whole lot more of the old kb gang, Vladi, My mate Gary(not a kber, but bloody good dude)had a good chat with Milky, nice to catch up with you mate,,Chris(TS)doing well, Sudeep on his new bike(love the race number man) Kirsten got some pics of you , will email them later,,Logan helping everyone as usual, Jimmy leaning against a pole nearly as skinny as himself and talking shit I guess, Quick Hi to Maduck, Shadey going hard good onya mate glad we got to see you out there. Kit, good onya for helping Sudeep, Ray and Quazzie sorting performance problems(hope it came right Bret), nice to see Paula again.. wow what a day, sorry if i missed anyone great to see the old kb team, bit like the old days..

Sorry about the weather, :argh: big ups to you all for being there :niceone:

F/F

FROSTY
2nd October 2005, 17:17
Totally fucked off dissapointed frosty
1-did practice day got down to unofficial 1.08's-never sure when its fone timing.
2) totally fucked up timed practice by getting involved in a tussle with a guy on a RGV250 instead of focussing on laying down good lap times
Still--fuck knows how qualified 4th on the grid.
3) apsolutely totally fucked up my start -went into jennian in a lousy 5th place -then to add insult to injury dss2 and shade passed me.
-Both I should add riding extremely well
4) Balls too fucken small to put the learn on gary from GP trading when there were gaps there I could have taken
Nett result at the end of the race I finished in a lousy 5th place when at the very least third was there for the taking.
Im so angry with myself its friggin unbeleivable right now.

bugjuice
2nd October 2005, 17:26
1-did practice day got down to unofficial 1.08's-never sure when its fone timing.
2) totally fucked up timed practice by getting involved in a tussle with a guy on a RGV250 instead of focussing on laying down good lap times
3) apsolutely totally fucked up my start -went into jennian in a lousy 5th place -then to add insult to injury dss2 and shade passed me.
4) Balls too fucken small to put the learn on gary from GP trading when there were gaps there I could have taken
Nett result at the end of the race I finished in a lousy 5th place when at the very least third was there for the taking.
hey, it's racing, man.. sometimes it clicks, some times it doesn't. Important thing is, you were out there giving it all.. If it worked all the time, it wouldn't be fun racing, would it? Least you get the chance too ;)

was a fun day. Shame I missed Vladi, didn't know he was around. Nice to catch up with John and Gary too, and dave (ff), nice to see you too, plus a few more faces. I enjoyed today..

SlideMoto
2nd October 2005, 17:34

Frosty: were you riding an SV? Trash said to watch you as you went real well in qualifying so I did. It looked like great fun having that battle with those three other guys. Isn't that why we race?

Best field of the day was f3.

justsomeguy
2nd October 2005, 17:36

Oh come on mate... everyone has good days and bad days....:calm:

Scorpygirl
2nd October 2005, 17:46
How did Kwaka-Kid go? Sorry we didn't make it out there. We had a few things to do this morning and were looking at coming out this avo. Then the heavens opened and Paul said it might be called off. :argh: A good call I guess. :slap:

Next times guys :laugh:

Cibby
2nd October 2005, 17:47
Hay boys..

It was most excellent to be out there today, awesome to see so many KB'ers out there..

Two smoker, Dss3, frosty, quasi, argh. i cant remember you all.. Mint meeting you anyways....

Dumb rain... Glad i didnt ride out ;)

Maybe next time i'll actually hold an umbrella for you MR :niceone:

FROSTY
2nd October 2005, 17:55
How did Kwaka-Kid go? Sorry we didn't make it out there. We had a few things to do this morning and were looking at coming out this avo. Then the heavens opened and Paul said it might be called off. :argh: A good call I guess. :slap:

Next times guys :laugh:
KK had a big blow up-so no show,

andy1
2nd October 2005, 18:08
Hey ppls,

Well done TS! super fast! :niceone:
And 2 MR! Well done! waz awesome watching u guys kickin ass...
i dont know tha other KB's but sure ya all did primo..
First day out.. so waz a learning day 4 me...
posted a 1:14 for da day so waz ok wit that..
And second for clubmans..
Think i need some fairings and smaller handle bars tho..

Ok, cu cu.

sels1
2nd October 2005, 18:19
Pissed down all afternoon - was going to go to pukekohe and photograph the races via the monthly RAT ride - but scwew dat we said - played mall rats in the merc instead.

Who else pillowed, hmmmm?

You lot should move south. The welly crew had a great day out over the 'Takas. 40+ bods at the Pukemanu pub for lunch. :sunny:

FROSTY
2nd October 2005, 18:22
Hey ppls,

Well done TS! super fast! :niceone:
And 2 MR! Well done! waz awesome watching u guys kickin ass...
i dont know tha other KB's but sure ya all did primo..
First day out.. so waz a learning day 4 me...
posted a 1:14 for da day so waz ok wit that..
And second for clubmans..
Think i need some fairings and smaller handle bars tho..

Ok, cu cu.
So that was you on that Nekkid bike with a MX tee shirt on over the leathers.??

pyrocam
2nd October 2005, 21:44
fucking tell me about it!

I would have all my fairings painted and clearcoated today if it wasnt for the fucking rain all day grrrrr

Lou Girardin
3rd October 2005, 10:43
Spent three hours looking at garden furniture and buying clothes, shoes, etc. Went to the library, bought bike mags. Then blobbed on the couch watching motorsport.

bugjuice
3rd October 2005, 11:04
fucking tell me about it!

I would have all my fairings painted and clearcoated today if it wasnt for the fucking rain all day grrrrr
sorry, I was meant to drop off that sticker for you, ay? I forgot about that when I was heading out west, but had a look for it when I got home. Still haven't found it yet.. still looking

pyrocam
4th October 2005, 01:30
sorry, I was meant to drop off that sticker for you, ay? I forgot about that when I was heading out west, but had a look for it when I got home. Still haven't found it yet.. still looking

no worries

it rained tonight as well

I recon Il jst finish it off and clearcoat it. if you do manage to find one the I can clear coat over that over the top.

but really I should just bite the bullet and fucking pay cafepress to 'attempt' to ship it out again. I was gutted that my three stickers were 'undeliverable' they refunded me the cost (less the shipping to NZ of course) without even telling me.