PDA

View Full Version : Race report Frosty amcc club round 1

FROSTY
2nd October 2005, 17:51
Over my pissed off ness
I did the practice day on saturday and got down to unofficial 1.08's-never sure when its cellphone stopwatch timing. I was really happy with how I was going and with the bike setup. Totally confidence inspiring and I was getting really good drive over the top of the hill, I finished the second practice session just pumped --anyone thats read my race reports knows that Pukie's hill scares the crap out of me.
Im now able top go into Jennian with the throttle full on in fourth or almost full on in top which equates to a full second in lap times -getting that sequence of corners right gives you so much more drive onto ther back straight.
Made the mistake of doing a wet practice session and had a really scarey moment on the top of the hill with the bike sliding both wheels from the left almost across to the right hand side of the track -Im running the pirelli/metzler tyres -no tread on the edge. still caried on and figured out how NOT to repeat that one

I went into the meeting with high hopes.
That all turned very very pearshaped and I have noone else to blame but myself.
I Treated practice as another track day which was pretty darned dumb
For those that dont know AMCC decides grid positions by fastest lap times.. Instead of going out to lay down fast laps to get a good grid position I stupidly got involved in a duel with a guy on a RGV250 pretty stupid frosty
:slap:
Even so I must have managed a couple of clear laps because I qualified 4th on the grid with a solid 1.12 which although not fast was about where I left off last season
Quite an improvement over this time last years 1.17 first race best lap times.
That means I started right out on the left side of the grid -Some people love that but off the line it means you have to sweep across the track to get to the race line. A good start is pretty important.
Lined up on the grid I assumed the pose--head forward feet planted and elbows out ready to launch. And then bogged off the line -practice here is esential. :crybaby:
I got smoked by Two Smoker, a guy on a kawasaki 400 and douggie -went into jennian in a lousy 5th place -then to add insult to injury dss2 and shade passed me virtually right away.
-Both of those guys were riding extremely well -no make that--TOP RIDES BOYS bloody impressive :niceone: :niceone:
Everywhere Im pretty darn quick I was blocked by Gary from GP trading. I was thinking I would get him eventually and wanted to play it safe (Balls too fucken small to put the learn on gary) There were gaps there I could have taken but I thought I'd have time to get him safely.
It was really fun playing silly buggers with DSS and Shadey. I finally managed to clear out from thoose guys and focus on getting round Gary--but by then it was too late and it was last lap.
Nett result at the end of the race I finished in 5th place behind Two smoker,a guy in a kawasaki - dougle on mella yella Gary from Gp
I was dissapointed in myself because I knew I could ride faster if Id passed gary but that shows there is room for improvement.
My best lap time during the race was the third fastest of the F3 guys -even if it is 4 seconds off of Two Smokes times
and I finished only a second behind doogle
5th place is a pretty solid finish.

I was really blown away by the other KB riders
Two smoker --Frigging flying Just into the groove and away -man I thought I was gonna be up there with ya dude but not yet
Shade--Mate what can i say--Bloody ballsy move ya made on me and gary--up over the ripple strip and motocrossing it around Jennian--then actually making it work. And Im very impressed by ya attitude after ya bin.
Dss3-mate havent you raised the bar on me after our track day at manfeild.
Dooogle--showing me how mella yella should have been ridden and getting a solid third place and I think a second place in pre 89
Big thanks to the Kbers that helped out---Doogle-team mate from hell dude
Sparky--mate you are the oil that keeps the machine running --just there ready to help Fantastic mate.
Madduck-you just kinda have a zone of calm around ya that heelps heaps.
TS--thanks for showing me how it should be done

svs
2nd October 2005, 18:26
sounds like you still did alright though frosty.

just try and relax a bit, try to have a bit of a laugh and not take it too seriously - the lap times will come down.

BTW last (and only) time I was at puke I only managed a 1:11.

Edit: Were the timings done by Tim Gibbes? Got the full results anywhere?

TonyB
2nd October 2005, 18:31
sounds like you still did alright though frosty.

just try and relax a bit, try to have a bit of a laugh and not take it too seriously

Agree with this totally Frosty- don't forget to have fun out there eh?!

GSVR
2nd October 2005, 18:55
You must have got some positives from the weekend

How was the weather? I was expecting you to say you were pissed off from being pissed on from above.

How did Quasi and MR go ? How big was the field?

Roll on PMCC round 1

FROSTY
2nd October 2005, 19:28
Guys please dont get me wrong I had a ball duking it out with the boys -it was awwwsome. I was pissed off with myself for not putting my race face on.
positives are so many --I mean it was only a year ago i was happy to not be finishing last.

Sparky
2nd October 2005, 20:13
I managed to get a few shots before we all got soaked and went home. up to then a great day.
The rest of the pics in full size

http://community.webshots.com/album/465675395PtaHkv :niceone:

motobob
2nd October 2005, 20:25
Frosty after towing you round yesterday I thought you may have learn't something. Maybe I should have put some 400 Hundy stickers on the Honda and brung it out to act as the rabbit for yah today. :slap:

You were confident of doing well. Next meet things will get better aye.

Thanks for the cable ties to hold me Honda together.

Paul G

ajturbo
2nd October 2005, 20:29
frosty, frosty, frosty....

it is so wrong not seeing red leathers on "mella yella":mellow:

good old douggie showing you the way eh?

but hell matey you are out there doing it!!!:headbang: :not: :not: :not:
find the engine?

FROSTY
2nd October 2005, 20:31
towing me indeed --as I recall I did a fair bit of the towing matey :devil2:
Yea well maybe ya should have done just that-got me going at some half decent pace.. Ahh well all over with for another month.
Pleasure to meet ya motobob :niceone:

FROSTY
2nd October 2005, 20:39
ohh shit that was my problem--Chris costello told me the AMCC club rules for SV650's was we could only use the first four gears --gee wonder what itda been like if I coulda used all 6

motobob
2nd October 2005, 20:49
towing me indeed --as I recall I did a fair bit of the towing matey :devil2:
Yea well maybe ya should have done just that-got me going at some half decent pace.. Ahh well all over with for another month.
Pleasure to meet ya motobob :niceone:

Ha ha I had a lot of fun Yesterday learn't a bit off you too. :dodge: Pity the rain came down so early. Likewise it was a pleasure to meet the esteemed Frosty.

Kwaka-Kid
2nd October 2005, 21:17
hey dude, it could be worse.

your valves could be cruising around your inlet tract, and pieces of beautiful JLE pistons could be jingling in your airbox. Right after youve just okayed leave for hte nationals? hmmf! but where theres a will theres a way! im sure by next time frosty your head will be in the right place.

And yes shade did do well, that boy had better put an EBR race report up.

FROSTY
2nd October 2005, 21:36
yea I sorta wondered when the rocketship was gonna go blasting past me
-bugger thats turning into almost as expensive bike as mella yella was

Kwaka-Kid
2nd October 2005, 21:40
yup! Where to from here? who knows. but wherever it is there will be racing in the form of 2 wheels!

gav
2nd October 2005, 21:55
Are these excuses from Max Biaggis latest book or Sete Gibernaus? :whistle:

FROSTY
2nd October 2005, 22:20
not excuses ol son---simple facts -- i rode like shit and got what I deserved

FROSTY
3rd October 2005, 10:37
well doesnt that sound like mr negative --sheesh

crashe
4th October 2005, 18:19
Well done Frosty for acheiving the track times that you did...
Dont let one race get to you.... there are many more races to come.

Now if that was me out there, I would still be tootling around the track...lol

PS: I would have been out there at the track on the day to cheer you all on, but I have been laid up with the flu since Friday morning... so I felt that since I felt like shite, I also didnt want to spread my nasty wee germs around.

MadDuck
4th October 2005, 20:51
So I am going to be the sad arse nana that tells you like it is Mr Frosty and I know you will take it well (I hope you will). YOU CAN DO MUCH BETTER THAN THAT!

Yes Ive seen you walk faster than that boy! You had NO focus. The bike was looking and working (in my limited experience) damn fine.

I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of the season and you getting in some good times. Needless to say it was great seeing all the KBers out there racing.

Oh that was me being calm :calm:

ajturbo
4th October 2005, 21:31
So I am going to be the sad arse nana that tells you like it is Mr Frosty and I know you will take it well (I hope you will). YOU CAN DO MUCH BETTER THAN THAT!

Yes Ive seen you walk faster than that boy! You had NO focus. The bike was looking and working (in my limited experience) damn fine.

I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of the season and you getting in some good times. Needless to say it was great seeing all the KBers out there racing.

Oh that was me being calm :calm:

yer.... from where i was standing i bet "mud boy " could have beaten ya!!!
you know that you let the brakes OFF ....
did you take it out of first by any chance????
need me to show you the way... do i have to go on???

FROSTY
4th October 2005, 22:10
well yea I guess I should just give up before I totally embarress myself.
Mind you 5th place on a bike that doogle rated as unridable aint too bad.
We will see what happens later in the season.I might just find some form

babyB
8th October 2005, 22:54
arr xj hell you were out there enjoying yourself ..(if ya didnt like it u wouldnt be out there) its only the begining of the season dont be harsh on ya self. stay focused and it will all come together...hell ya had more than ya share of problems with ya bikes.....your out there good on ya mate... :niceone:
hope to catch up with u next meet all going well

SixPackBack
9th October 2005, 08:08
Good to see you enjoying yourself frosty......perhaps we need to change your fairings onto my thou.......think anyone would notice haha. :apumpin:

flash
11th October 2005, 19:53
how do the 250's go against the 4 strokes?

Just think, atleast you get to race the things you love. Hopefully soon i may join in and smoke all of ya :woohoo: