PDA

View Full Version : Two Smoker Race Report AMCC Rnd1 05

Two Smoker
2nd October 2005, 18:59
Hey everyone,

Well i sat infront of the TV at 10 to 7 every evening watching the weather and seeing nothing but "Heavy Showers" :crybaby: Ah well, with the graciousness of Milky, he lended his rims to me and i now had a pair of wets on wheels.

Sunday came, and i was very nervous. There were alot of KB racers going to be at this event and they have been putting down impressive lap times in practice the day before. With amazment the track was DRY!!! Stoked!!!

Practice: I had the tyre warmers on early and had to scrub in my tyres aswell as do some qualifying times in the space of about 7 laps... Well off i go and start from the back of the pack (20 odd in the pack) I was initially going to start of slowly, and work the tyres in... after the first corner i gave up and started to push the new tyres hard... By the second lap i did a 1:12 with a big slide through castrol (stupid silicon)... By the third lap i was infront and trying to put down some fast times... By my standards i didnt do that, my braking was bad into the hairpin thus stuffing up my line. Jennien was far to slow, as was everywhere else... I was still worried about my grid position due to the people behind me possibly holding back to warm up the tyres... I got back to the pits feeling ok but not great. Hoon had timed me at 1:10's and one 1:09. Sure enough i did a 1:09.9 putting me on pole 2 seconds ahead of second place!!! WOOOHHOOOO

Race 1: The track was still dry, and there was even some sunshine about. I waited till the last moment, took off the warmers and headed out for the warm up lap... For me my weakest part of racing is my starts. Once again this was proven in my start. Milky and I had adjusted my clutch, then when i did a take off i didnt release the clutch enough, 3 people went slightly ahead of me, i managed to release it to the right point and i was off!! Number 32 ZXR400 was infront in Jennian, i went around the outside of him and out braked him into the esses... I couldnt believe it!!! I WAS IN FIRST!!! The rest of the race, i pushed my bike as hard as i could... I finished the race in first!!! Second place was 21 seconds behind me and 3rd 4th and 5th were 31 seconds behind me... My best lap time was a 1:08.3 and i still have room to improve 1:07's are definately on the cards :niceone:

Then the rain pelted down and the event organisers woosed out and called racing off (whats wrong with a few puddles???)

Sad moment of the Day was seeing KK blow up his bike...

Shade!!! Your riding was AWESOME!!! Ill let you tell them how you went :niceone:

Big thanks for all that came out to support all the KB racers... Especially Milky (my pit bitch), Hoon (the camera guy), Bugjuice (Motoracers pit bitch) and cibby chick for keeping chloe non bored :niceone: Huge thanks :niceone:

BRING ON ROUND 2 AND THE NATIONALS!!!

Firefight
2nd October 2005, 19:03
Hey Chris, well :done: mate, First of many,(get it) top effort, big ups to Milky for being the pit bitch.

F/F

andy1
2nd October 2005, 19:19
Awesome Riding TS!
John said he could hear ya fairings driggin the track at da hairpin..
congrats again. lata.

bugjuice
2nd October 2005, 19:21
you did bloody good today, even if it was only one race.. well done

Shade
2nd October 2005, 19:47
Amazing riding Chris -

Dont know how it is possible to go that fast aye man, but you do it and make it look easy!! Beat everyone by about 3/4 of a lap!

Congrats on the win, was good to be part of it,even if it was from the side of the fence at castrol :)

erik
2nd October 2005, 19:54
sounds like you're doing bloody well :niceone:

Zed
2nd October 2005, 19:56
I WAS IN FIRST!!! The rest of the race, i pushed my bike as hard as i could... I finished the race in first!!!BIG congrats on the first place Chris! :first:

You'll never get away with saying you're "slow" again!! :niceone:

FROSTY
2nd October 2005, 19:59
bloody good riding chris :niceone:
Its just prooof of the old story --the Bullshit stops when the flag drops.
Wish I was up there giving ya a hurry up. Maybee next time

sarg
2nd October 2005, 20:07
well done Chris Proud of your efforts today as always

Jamezo
2nd October 2005, 20:38
I guess this just again proves you are officially The Man! wow...

Kwaka-Kid
2nd October 2005, 21:12
all good dude! was wicked to watch.

Yes my luck had turned to chooky poop again, but ah well. Its all part of the game i guess, will be back into it again!

Hoon
2nd October 2005, 21:33
Yep impressive stuff. I totally blew the onboard camera mission by accidentally switching it off just before TS went out otherwise we would've all been able to relive his moment of glory...bugger it was the only race too....ahh well next time.

Good on ya TS for showing us all what can be acheived on a near stock shitter with the right skills and setting the example for us all to attain.

Great to see a good KB turnout - hard luck to those that were unable to show us what they are capable of due to various problems (Shade, Frosty, KK, Quasi) but all the best for Round 2!! I'll be seeing you all on the grid this time!!

FROSTY
2nd October 2005, 21:45
man that results sheet says it all.
Ya gotta love how many times 4,5,6 and 7 swapped places
and a lousy 1.12.40 for frosty

DEATH_INC.
2nd October 2005, 22:01
Congrats Chris! New all along you could do it! :niceone: :drinkup:

justsomeguy
2nd October 2005, 22:15
Good to see you using at least half your potential.:niceone:

loosebruce
3rd October 2005, 06:50
On ya chris, awesome result, gutted i couldn't be there i just couldn't afford it, i'm sucking the gas outta the the missus car to get the TL to work today, doh.
Next time bro.

GSVR
3rd October 2005, 07:36
21 secs is one hell of a winning margin. Can't wait to see how you go on the 600.

Two Smoker
3rd October 2005, 18:43
Cheers everyone for the nice comments :niceone:

I just see this as another step in my learning...but there are so many more steps to go... next step is 1:07's on the 400...

Milky
4th October 2005, 03:28
You probably know what I have to say about the race TS, but I must add that even though my title isn't that flattering, I enjoyed the day all the same.

Have a look at the grid in Hoon's pic btw - I thought they said it was going to be 4 bikes per row...

FROSTY
4th October 2005, 07:11
milky--the guy that posted the second fastest qualifying cooked his motor doing it--so yea -empty grid position

Motoracer
4th October 2005, 18:00
Can anyone beat this guy? Jeess Chris, you beauty!! You'r a legend mate!! I was so proud to see you leaving the guy coming second WAY behind by miles! RESPECT!! :not:

Can't wait to see how you go on a 600 against the countries top names! I know you'll do great. I belive you can make it man, you have got what it takes. Best of luck to you! :niceone:

crashe
4th October 2005, 18:14
TS - Congratulations and well done on the times you went around the track.
:first: :first:

PS: I would have been out there at the track on the day to cheer you all on, but I have been laid up with the flu since Friday morning... so I felt that since I felt like shite, I also didnt want to spread my nasty wee germs around.

Two Smoker
4th October 2005, 18:23
Once again cheers everyone :niceone: I hope to be out on the 600 soon (both ride and track) but had some bad news that it will be at least another week before i get it back from wheel and frame :( ah well :niceone:

Milky
4th October 2005, 18:43
milky--the guy that posted the second fastest qualifying cooked his motor doing it--so yea -empty grid position

Yeah I knew about that, but I was referring to the rows behind it - not exactly the most ordered or evenly spaced lines...

FROSTY
4th October 2005, 19:16
yea well blame that on the F##### track crew--lets not get me started on that subject.

SlideMoto
4th October 2005, 19:28
Hey 2 smoker! You are a fucking legend. Jimmy said to watch you and the guy on the black SV. You wasted the rest of the field by about half a bloody lap. Kudos man that was one awesome race. Shame the rest of the day was cancelled. All those other guys have got some work to do to catch the little ZXR by the looks of it.

ajturbo
4th October 2005, 21:12
hey chris ... great to see your did... ok..lol

na man give it heaps !!

hope to see you race down this way???

bugjuice
5th October 2005, 09:40
some more pics in MRs thread that I just posted. To save double posting:
http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=18114 at the bottom (post 7)

babyB
10th October 2005, 11:26
well done TS :niceone: :not:
good to here that you out there & by the sounds a dam good day for ya . congradulations.
bugga i couldnt b there to see it maybe next time

Sparky Bills
10th October 2005, 11:46
SHIT DUDE!
Thats FARKING awsome!!

You racing at Wangas?

Two Smoker
11th October 2005, 17:55
SHIT DUDE!
Thats FARKING awsome!!

You racing at Wangas?

Sadley no :crybaby: Im losing my licence in November for 3 months so thats means no go for Wanga's but all go for Paeroa :niceone:

Kickaha
11th October 2005, 18:02
Sadley no :crybaby: Im losing my licence in November for 3 months so thats means no go for Wanga's but all go for Paeroa :niceone:

Why not? depends what act the road is closed under to whether you need a civil licence to do the event

k14
11th October 2005, 18:34
Why not? depends what act the road is closed under to whether you need a civil licence to do the event
If i remember correctly you can ride at wanganui so long as you have a race licence, no need for a bike licence. At paeroa I am pretty sure you need to have a bike licence to race.

I'll be riding at wangas, not sure about paeroa, will see closer to the time.

Kwaka-Kid
11th October 2005, 20:05
i should be doing them both :)

Two Smoker
12th October 2005, 18:14

Last time they closed it under the act where you need a bike licence...

gpercivl
13th October 2005, 14:42
In theory you can apply to the local police for an exemption but in practice both clubs involved and MNZ have requested both civil and MNZ licenses and have prevented juniors from racing. Chris Wiltshire checked it all out a few years ago.