PDA

View Full Version : Want to get my restricted.

JamesC
4th July 2016, 22:39
But I don't have a bike. I had a Bandit 250 for a while but it lost compression so I got rid of it. Anyone know a place I can borrow or rent a bike? (I'm on the Kapiti Coast) Also who's the best testing agent in the Wellington region, and is it better to do the practical test or the CBTA test?

Akzle
5th July 2016, 06:29
me too .

Ulsterkiwi
5th July 2016, 09:18
But I don't have a bike. I had a Bandit 250 for a while but it lost compression so I got rid of it. Anyone know a place I can borrow or rent a bike? (I'm on the Kapiti Coast) Also who's the best testing agent in the Wellington region, and is it better to do the practical test or the CBTA test?

TwoBaldBikers or Roadsafe will rent you a bike AND put you through the CBTA. TBB are based in Wainui, Roadsafe in Tawa. Pretty much any bike shop can rent you a bike with notice. I imagine TSS in Alicetown would be the best bet though.

"Better" is a very subjective term. My own perspective is that the CBTA is a more reliable measure of your actual ability and skillset, or as reliable as any snapshot assessment strategy can be. If you go to the CBTA providers they generally advise an hour of tuition beforehand, take the advice.

TheDemonLord
5th July 2016, 10:37
I did the CBTA - and highly recommend it - IMO it's the best test of your riding, tested by people that ride.

rastuscat
6th July 2016, 08:20
me too .

Chur Azkill. Come to this big smoke au and I'll sort chew out wif a license bro.

Akzle
6th July 2016, 12:52
Chur Azkill. Come to this big smoke au and I'll sort chew out wif a license bro.

just do it online bro. make it out to Mr. Akzle McLargenuts. also remove all those Ts&Cs like the LTA and shit.