PDA

View Full Version : People think Tardme sucks, but Ebay is way worse!

HenryDorsetCase
26th July 2016, 21:48
Dont get me wrong, tardme sucks. But fuck. The ebay search interface is fucking terrible. Yeas I want to look at motorcycle parts. but navigating through that shit on the LHS of the screen does not get me a search window for motorcycle parts. And if I search in the search bar it searches ALL OF MOTORCYCLES. And you can't drill down the categories on the button on the right because it takes it out of "motors" to fucking baby clothes or some fucking shit.

What a clusterfuck. Honestly.

onearmedbandit
26th July 2016, 22:12
http://www.ebay.com/motors#Motorcycles

That page allows you to search parts.

Voltaire
27th July 2016, 08:08
I bought some bits for my VW van from China a few weeks back, wondering if they would turn up unlike the last bits i got from China.
Ebay sent me note saying they were out of stock, and on back order....aha...a cunning plan to keep my $10 I thought.
Then got the email saying cancelled. Oh well good bye $10
Followed by a credit note and the $10 was credited.
I've been buying and selling stuff on Ebay for 16 years on and off,when the NZ $ was 39 cents it was great selling 50's and 60's VW and Triumph parts.
its not the same as it was back then, bugger all used bits, now mainly junk, with overpriced shipping.
Trade me is heading the same way.

Mike.Gayner
27th July 2016, 12:51
I buy shit loads of stuff from ebay, including loads of bike parts that are dramatically cheaper than NZ. I don't have any trouble at all with the search interface - in fact I find it a lot more useful than Trademe.

neels
27th July 2016, 13:30
Dont get me wrong, tardme sucks. But fuck. The ebay search interface is fucking terrible. Yeas I want to look at motorcycle parts. but navigating through that shit on the LHS of the screen does not get me a search window for motorcycle parts. And if I search in the search bar it searches ALL OF MOTORCYCLES. And you can't drill down the categories on the button on the right because it takes it out of "motors" to fucking baby clothes or some fucking shit.
Haven't had too much trouble locating old pommie car bits on Ebay to buy.

But yes, it can lead you to some strange places, depending on search terms.

Or it could be some sort of suggested listing feature, based on the history of that other 'stuff' you've been looking at on the interwebs........

Brian d marge
27th July 2016, 19:07
I've been listed on eBay for a while now ...no one wants to pay for the shipping

At my age I should expect that I suppose....

sent for a divine source

AllanB
27th July 2016, 19:40
Only issue I ever had with Ebay was a part sold as NOS and once received it clearly had been used. Seller ignored my e-mails.

Otherwise way to many successful purchases .....