PDA

View Full Version : Turn signal problem

bazbo
9th August 2016, 10:55
Hey all

I have a small issue with my turn signal indicator on my dash - when I indicate left it flashes fine, but when I indicate right it stays solid and does not flash - the indicators themselves flash fine though.

My indicator bulbs are normal filament bulbs, but the indicator bulb on the dash is an led bulb - i'm guessing this could maybe be the problem?

Thanks people.
B

jellywrestler
9th August 2016, 17:02
Hey all

I have a small issue with my turn signal indicator on my dash - when I indicate left it flashes fine, but when I indicate right it stays solid and does not flash - the indicators themselves flash fine though.

My indicator bulbs are normal filament bulbs, but the indicator bulb on the dash is an led bulb - i'm guessing this could maybe be the problem?

Thanks people.
B

first swap the bulbs from one side to the other, you could have an oversize or undersize one in there, second, admit to having played with the wiring, as per you earlier threads.

bazbo
10th August 2016, 09:36
first swap the bulbs from one side to the other, you could have an oversize or undersize one in there, second, admit to having played with the wiring, as per you earlier threads.

The wiring is all fine, it's just the dash indicator thats the issue. Turns out its a polarity issue due to it being an LED, switch back to incandescent and it's all good.

Going to get an AC electronic relay now so I can run LED turn signals.....prepare for more posts!

AllanB
10th August 2016, 20:13
Or hook up inline with the new LED turn signals some resistors. Some come with them, some are integrated within the turn signal (pretty sure Oxford brand are).

nodrog
10th August 2016, 20:21
Or hook up inline with the new LED turn signals some resistors. Some come with them, some are integrated within the turn signal (pretty sure Oxford brand are).

Thats prehistoric technology, far easier to swap the relay.

bazbo
11th August 2016, 16:50

I have an AC electronic really on the way that works with LEDs.....

MrMarko
11th August 2016, 17:54

A step further is to simply change the resistor in the oem relay, cost ya about 50 cents if you can be bothered working out what you need to change it to.

nodrog
11th August 2016, 18:06
A step further is to simply change the resistor in the oem relay, cost ya about 50 cents if you can be bothered working out what you need to change it to.

notice how I used the word "easier" in my post?

MrMarko
11th August 2016, 18:58
notice how I used the word "easier" in my post?

Easy is expensive and im a notorious tight arse. (except on pool night with morcs)

F5 Dave
11th August 2016, 20:41
So in the pool at night you are a loose arse with morcs:hug:

Aww how sweet if that's your thing And we live in an accepting world

Here`s Adam Ants ode to. . . well it seems fitting.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=R3NHSXQJFxM

MrMarko
11th August 2016, 20:43
So in the pool at night you are a loose arewith morcs:hug:

Aww how sweet if tthat'syour thing.

Hears Adam ants ode to. . . well it seems fitting.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=R3NHSXQJFxM

:laugh: that'll do.

AllanB
11th August 2016, 21:22

Mines Italian - have not found the relay yet! I am sure it is deep, deep under the seat or tail ..... was easier to plug in a couple of resistors in the front ;) Plus a Google had trouble finding a electronic plug and play relay - Japanese brands a piece of piss, Italian .....

I've probably voided my warranty bawahahahahahahahahah even the official Ducati LED performance turn signals come with relays apparently.

nodrog
12th August 2016, 06:07
Mines Italian - have not found the relay yet! I am sure it is deep, deep under the seat or tail ..... was easier to plug in a couple of resistors in the front ;) Plus a Google had trouble finding a electronic plug and play relay - Japanese brands a piece of piss, Italian .....

I've probably voided my warranty bawahahahahahahahahah even the official Ducati LED performance turn signals come with relays apparently.if

If its like my Ducati, the Led flash rate is controlled by some electronic wizardry, accessed with the dash buttons.