PDA

View Full Version : Insurance coverage for Track Time.

SpankMe
14th January 2003, 10:35
At the last Track Time they said that some insurers cover their members for Track Time. Can we get a list of insurance companies here that do, and if they cover other open days. I’m with Protecta and I have asked them and they said they will get back to me.

SPman
14th January 2003, 17:20
I'll check with Swann.
By the way, your clock is out by 12 hours on this site, - have you noticed???:bigthumb:

SpankMe
14th January 2003, 17:25
Originally posted by SPman
By the way, your clock is out by 12 hours on this site, - have you noticed???:bigthumb:

You need to change your time offset option in your "user cp".

SPman
15th January 2003, 06:32
Whoops - wonder how that happened - it was OK until a week or 2 ago:confused:

SpankMe
15th January 2003, 09:19
well, Protecta have said that I will not be covered if I crash at the open days at Puke :angry:

SPman
16th January 2003, 16:29
Swann insurance - no cover! :argh:

Coldkiwi
16th January 2003, 16:46
I know State won't.

Vince Sharpe was given the suggestion that someone from Track Time go round the insurance companies and inform them of how well run it is to illustrate the reduced risk and possibly get some backing from that.

I THINK protecta might insure you.

bluninja
24th January 2003, 15:31
I spoke to the poor chap that highsided at Puke at the last track day. He has claimed on his insurance. He told them it was an advanced riding day. Don't know who his insurance is with, but they were aware of where his crash happened and what the event was.

TTFN

figjam
25th January 2003, 08:46
Protecta need to make their mind up. A mate and I rang to see whether we'd be covered for the September Track Time and were told yes, as it was to improve our skills - not a race day.

Apart from that they were one of the sponsors and if you took in your certificate of participation you got 10% off your premium.

750Y
15th April 2003, 12:56
I know Protecta do a deal for insuring Your race bike during transit to & from the track.
STATE Don't do shit except rip You well off! and If You are covered by State then chances are You probably are not covered if they can find a technicality to get You on. Seriously if You are covered by State go elsewhere before it's too late. Why do You think they have people called Claims negotiators? because they will try their hardest to negotiate You out of Your money. TRUST ME. or find out the hard way LIKE ME.
Go elsewhere for cheaper/reliable insurance.
READ, DON"T GO WITH STATE or You will regret it!

Redstar
16th April 2003, 10:58
has anyone actually read their policy? I was with protecta and the excess was $1500 for a non third party involved claim or $1000 if you hit someone so better to hit someone!
Why me thinks that most of us wipe out on corners on country back roads I know I do! and so a city smash with witnesses is more clearly a claim. as some unscrupulus bikers go racing wipe out,pitch the bike in the hedge and claim. na really not true!
and some are silly enough to do it just outside the track same day.:beer:

Coldkiwi
17th April 2003, 01:36
I gotta say, I've been pretty happy with State. They sorted my GPX 250 claim (all my fault, no third party) out very quickly and paid up in full no questions asked. I lookd at all the companies and for all their advertising, i'm sorry to say Protecta wanted more than twice as much in a premium and a $1500 excess (state coevr me for $495 prem and $700 excess).

I have heard of people unhappy with state before but I strongly suspect that ALL insurance companies are bastards at heart (judging by the plethora of stories out there about all comers) and its just a matter of time so you'd might as well get a good deal and hope for a nice negotiator!

wkid_one
17th April 2003, 01:46
Same - State repaired my bike when I binned it - $400 of writeoff (all panel damage) and they fixed the whole thing, gave me choice of parts, when I bought a new screen they deducted the difference from the excess - fantastic.  Sorry guys - but State were excellent

750Y
17th April 2003, 04:28
wish they had been so nice to me. all they could do was get an investigator(ex cop) out to ask questions like "was it a race bike?" and "can we have the previous owners contact details" and "didn't know about that speeding ticket You received in 1988" and "were You trying to sell it?". I had been trying to buy some race fairings at the time through the T&E and he gets me to come up to the office again where he's typing his version of the conversation and he says so You weren't trying to sell it eh? and whips out this 3 month old copy of the T&E, eyeballs me, throws it down on the desk in front of me bangs his finger down on my ad. So i read it aloud "Wanted: set of race fairings for 'X' bike" and he says "oh,uuuhh,um oh Wanted to BUY woops. Then he whips out this piece of paper for me to sign which was supposedly a transcript of our conversation and asks me to sign it making out it's no big deal. I read it and I'm like "I never said that or that and that wasn't the question You asked" & he say's 'oh don't worry' like it's no big deal while he's shuffling around with other stuff on his desk, so I write a note on it to the effect that I disagree with the transcript & I sign it at the end, Then after 6 months of papertrail I finally get the word that technically they were still capable of declining my claim which they did. They went off the bullshit transcript. Even the independant insurance ombudsman were checkmated(my word against theirs). I was naive i guess and never imagined at the time what they were up to(looking to screw me). $12000 down the tubes, Thanks State. see why I hate them? I know it's not their fault someone stole my bike but come on that's morally wrong to say "piss off we're not paying" when it's fully insured. I woulda been better off writing it off. At least I'd have had some broken peices left to show for it instead of a $10K HP bill since I only had it 3 months and the company wanted the money NOW because the security was gone. anyway sorry about the rant guys, I only wrote it in the hope that it would make people more aware of what STATE did. I have moved on now and learned a very expensive lesson.