http://amcn.com.au/editorial/metisse-mark-5-cafe-racer/

Paul in NZ
8th September 2016, 14:38
Shudder...

That's pretty awful looking...

Big Dog
8th September 2016, 16:54
Not deal breaker ugly.
More you'd have to be sure out made up for those looks with something special.
The motor is a thing of beauty.

Sent from Tapatalk. DYAC

sidecar bob
8th September 2016, 17:00
I think the world has moved on from British Racing Green.
It would probably look stunning in red.

ellipsis
8th September 2016, 17:36
I think the world has moved on from British Racing Green.
It would probably look stunning in red.

...or pastel rainbow flavoured paint...nah, not even that would improve it...

AllanB
8th September 2016, 20:07
Not digging it - looks a bit home made by some old coot IMO.

Is it just be being used to my skinny Ducati or is that engine looking very wide for a twin in that front on shot?

Kickaha
8th September 2016, 20:22
That's pretty awful looking...

Especially those fucking headlights

Banditbandit
9th September 2016, 10:11
It's a bit dated .. and looks heavy ..

These are much more pretty ..

https://hydeharrier.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/harrier_lh.jpg?w=300&h=198

https://hydeharrier.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/harrier_jubilee_right.jpg?w=300&h=209

Edbear
9th September 2016, 17:47
I was wondering about the engine until I read the article.

Maybe it would look better in the metal?

ellipsis
9th September 2016, 19:58

...and a bit of studio lighting and some bint, slithering over the tank with it's tits out...nah, not even that would work...

awayatc
10th September 2016, 07:02
Maybe some real life pictures would do it more justice...

Like on the back of a trailer...?

pritch
10th September 2016, 13:12
Maybe some real life pictures would do it more justice...

Like on the back of a trailer...?

When I saw that article the first thing that came to mind was Henry Cole's "World's Greatest Motorcycle Rides". For the South African series of his show he purchased a Metisse from the factory. Once in Africa bits fell off and bits broke until he packed it up and shipped it home. He finished the ride on a KTM if memory serves.

Not encouraging.

GrayWolf
10th September 2016, 14:59
I remember the Rickman Metisse's as a young guy....

Hmmmm Rickman Honda's etc......

wonder if they will get round to producing a running gear only FRAME.

Triumph 1200 motor, CB1300 donk, RI/MT10 ............... that could be a goer! :innocent:

Crasherfromwayback
10th September 2016, 15:21
I like this!

]

You too, should be forced to eat Judith Collins's cunt for posting such things. You need to get out more. That bike, is as much of an ugly fat pig as she is.

GrayWolf
10th September 2016, 15:54
You too, should be forced to eat Judith Collins's cunt for posting such things. You need to get out more. That bike, is as much of an ugly fat pig as she is.

Shhhhhh Pete
we all know the only reason you gave up selling 'fat ugly pigs' is.... you couldnt bear the name change to 'Indy Davidson' :yes:

Crasherfromwayback
10th September 2016, 15:56
Shhhhhh Pete
we all know the only reason you gave up selling 'fat ugly pigs' is.... you couldnt bear the name change to 'Indy Davidson' :yes:

Hahaha...nah. I'll do (nearly) anything for money mate...:msn-wink:

pete376403
10th September 2016, 16:00
Hahaha...nah. I'll do (nearly) anything for money mate...:msn-wink:
Give Judith a call - she has the money and would appreciate the attention

Crasherfromwayback
10th September 2016, 16:18
Give Judith a call - she has the money and would appreciate the attention

Ten million and I wouldn't put my face near that fat cunts vag.

ellipsis
10th September 2016, 16:58
Ten million and I wouldn't put my face near that fat cunts vag.

...for 10 mill I'd do it for as long as necessary, on tv...

GrayWolf
11th September 2016, 00:07
...for 10 mill I'd do it for as long as necessary, on tv...

for 25% I'll help you, by holding your face there for the required time....:bleh::bleh:

oh the things I do for humanity :laugh:

smmudd83_1999
23rd August 2017, 16:02

Personally, I really like it. The frame, swinging arm, wheels, tank & bodywork is a work of art.
But that headlight will no doubt polarise opinion!
As for the engine - it looks a beauty. I appreciate some folk have said "it looks a bit wide" but...
"to optimise heat reduction on the air/oil-cooled Métisse 8V by placing the cam drive on the right side of the engine in order to create a gap between the cylinders to fully cool them all the way round, and also wrapping an oil jacket around each piston to help achieve this. This entails placing the twin counterbalancers inboard, centrally located at the front and rear of the horizontally-split crankcases, and gear-driven directly off the centre of the crankshaft."
So they've splayed the cylinders out slightly for better cooling and hence managed to fit some gubbins in there as a result. So yes, it is a bit wider. But it's not like it's going to restrict our cornering clearance really as 1) We're not Phil Read and 2) despite the cylinders being splayed fairly wide it doesn't look like the bottom end cases are any wider for it because they've fitted the gubbins in the middle rather than on the end of the crank.
At the end of the day, I like an engine that looks like it's chiseled from rock. It's reassuring if it...I don't know..."looks solid".
Mind you I ride an older Guzzi, so large-ish air cooled twins with a wide engine presence that offer old-style, torquey, road/sports performance is where it's at for me. So I can understand the appeal. And, for about $50k NZD it's something of a "bargain", being a handbuilt machine in limited numbers in Britain. Cheaper than a Brough, more personal than a Norton, and not a Bitsa bike like the Hesketh...and sits somewhere inbetween in that weird, limited appeal, rich boy market.
(Not to be derogatory to rich boys. I merely resent them because I'm jealous).