PDA

View Full Version : 'Neo' brand Imola jackets. Opinions and experiences?

Oakie
4th October 2005, 13:38
Hi Anyone got any experience of these jackets? I don't want to get into the Cordura v Leather debate or get into opinions on other brands (coz I can't afford them). I just want some feedback from people who have used this particular brand or who can stories of other people experiences with them.
I'm looking at one for $195 which seems a pretty decent price.
Oh. Mostly for commuting but with a bit of highway riding thrown in whenever I get the chance.

Sniper
4th October 2005, 13:42
Sounds good. What sort of armour and things they have in them is the question. You might need to find out who owns one and chat to them.

Oakie
4th October 2005, 13:45
Sounds good. What sort of armour and things they have in them is the question. You might need to find out who owns one and chat to them.

I don't know if it's kevlar or whatever but there is body armour on the elbows, shoulders and back.

Lou Girardin
4th October 2005, 13:48
The quality seemed OK for middle range stuff, but I haven't used it personally.

bane
4th October 2005, 17:22
Ive got the Suzuka version (which I think is the next model up) - which has full CE armour. Have used for about 18 months, and its survived one off with minimal damage - cost me $340 which seemed reasonable value vs the competition at the time. Had a look at the Imola, but the protection seemed a bit lacking with padding rather than armour.

Smokin
4th October 2005, 19:28
My mate has one, loves it to bits, he's a sook when it comes to wet and cold and he doesnt complain about either of them. can't go wrong at that price bud.

walk'n
4th October 2005, 21:06
I got a set of these jacket and pants in January and they have been great. It's nice and warm with the liner and has kept me dry. The only problem with it so far was that I broke the zip in the jacket. A new zip and it was as good as new. I can't say that I have crash tested it but for the price you cant go wrong.

placidfemme
5th October 2005, 06:39
Hi Anyone got any experience of these jackets? I don't want to get into the Cordura v Leather debate or get into opinions on other brands (coz I can't afford them). I just want some feedback from people who have used this particular brand or who can stories of other people experiences with them.
I'm looking at one for $195 which seems a pretty decent price.
Oh. Mostly for commuting but with a bit of highway riding thrown in whenever I get the chance.

Hiya

I don't have a Neo Jacket, so what I have to say may not be of any help... but I do have Neo gloves... and I've found that the stitching comes undone easily (after only 3 months), if the jackets are the same quality you'll be spending some time trying to stitch them back together...

EDIT: The gloves are leather though