PDA

View Full Version : Recommendations for a leather jacket?

Mozenwrath
25th September 2016, 13:30
Hi guys, I am on the lookout for a leather jacket while riding I have a touring bike but looking at a cruiser in the next few months. A couple I am looking at is:
RST interstate II
Rjays Warrior II Men's Leather and Cordura Jacket
1tonne Waterproof Ballistics Leather Motorcycle Jacket
NEO Rider Jacket

does anyone have these jackets that they comment on??
my Budget is $450

Cheers

Anthony
Timaru

nzspokes
25th September 2016, 13:36
Hi guys, I am on the lookout for a leather jacket while riding I have a touring bike but looking at a cruiser in the next few months. A couple I am looking at is:
RST interstate II
NEO Rider Jacket

my Budget is $450

Cheers

Anthony
Timaru

If you are getting a Cruiser, the best jacket will have the most tassels.

BMWST?
25th September 2016, 13:53
check the fit when actually sitting on a bike,preferably one the same or similar as your own

AllanB
25th September 2016, 13:59
Any of them will suit your needs - as above go for the best fit/features that suit you.

PS - don;t you just need a T-shirt for a cruiser .......

Mozenwrath
25th September 2016, 14:59

nzspokes....haha classic

Mozenwrath
25th September 2016, 15:05
Any of them will suit your needs - as above go for the best fit/features that suit you.

PS - don;t you just need a T-shirt for a cruiser .......
......tried this but was getting stipples

50Shades
25th September 2016, 16:25
1 Tonne wont have your size in stock, even though the website said that it is, you will then have to get your money back or wait 3 months

awayatc
25th September 2016, 17:16
You can't beat a good leather jacket....

Big Dog
25th September 2016, 18:46
I have a ballistics jacket.
It is surprisingly waterproof bit not raincoat waterproof and the leather does get waterlogged. Still better than a wet riderin a light rain or short trip.
Haven't crash tested it but it sees well made.

Sent from Tapatalk. DYAC

Big Dog
25th September 2016, 19:10
http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?p=1130992047

Sent from Tapatalk. DYAC

skippa1
25th September 2016, 19:17
RST interstate II
NEO Rider Jacket

my Budget is $450

Cheers

Anthony
Timaru
For that money i can do used Revit leather jacket and pants depending on size. Pm me

nzspokes
25th September 2016, 19:34
You can't beat a good leather jacket....

As long as its not raining.

awayatc
25th September 2016, 19:43
beeswax....

oilskin in pannier in case it gets realy bad...

FLUB
25th September 2016, 19:54
And laces down the sides.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

caspernz
26th September 2016, 01:56
check the fit when actually sitting on a bike,preferably one the same or similar as your own

This would be my approach as well, nothing to do with brands etc.

Husabergkiwi
4th October 2016, 12:05
Got a nice Rev'it Roamer from FC Moto delivered here couple of hundred cheaper than the best NZ price - quick delivery too!
Great product, nice timeless/understated design - great quality.

Metastable
8th October 2016, 07:47
Unless you know the fit, I wouldn't buy a jacket online. Go to a store, try it on, if it fits, has double stitching on the impact zones with decent elbow protection, then get it. Also, are you going to be using a back protector? Does the jacket have a built in back protector? Are you going to take the built in protector out and use an Alpinestars or Dainese.... etc unit? Do you want to have the ability to wear warmer clothes under it, or instead have a rain jacket that goes over it? Do you want perforations or good vents?

You don't have to answer these questions - just things to think about?

Personally, I like leather, well vented, with a back protector (that doesn't come with the jacket), able to throw on a windbreaker/rain jacket over top. Like that I get good protection, it is cool on warm days, and if it gets cold or wet I throw on a light weight waterproof jacket that I keep with me.

vifferman
9th October 2016, 14:39
Just buy my Macna touring jacket - it's great!
It has removable thermal liner and gortex liner (this can be rolled up and stored in the pocket on the back); vents on the sleeves and chest for when it's warmer; the front panel and collar zips off so when it's hot the breeze can blow through the mesh.
There's decent armour in the shoulders and elbows, and several pockets (external and on the inside).
There's soft armour in the back, but it's kinda pussy, so I've got a Spidi back protector that fits underneath.

Be quick - I'm off to kill myself soon. Being without a bike after 40+ years is really depressing.:crybaby: