PDA

View Full Version : MR's Race report AMCC Rnd 1 2005

Motoracer
4th October 2005, 17:53
Practice 1 for beginers: Since I had only ridden my RS for 14 laps around Pukie before, it was wise to get as much laps in as I could before the actual race. Therefore I went in the beginers session and tried my bike out. I tried to remember how I went last time and then tried to improve in a few places. The bike was running pretty rough which was a sign that it was running a bit too rich and it was struguling to accelerate.

Qualifying: I didn't actually get to qualify because we were still playing with the different jets and we ran out of time. I wasn't worried about my grid position or anything because it was my first race on the 125 so I just wanted to start from the back and see how I compaired with the rest of the field.

I was pretty clueless about the set up but luckily Dave (previous owner of my bike), being the top bloke he is came and gave me advise about how to set it up and he arranged for me to buy a new spark plug because mine had fauled due to the mixture being too rich. Then I got to talk to Hayden Fitzerald for a few pointers which helped quite a bit because I am fully inexperienced with the 125s.

Race 1: Even getting away from the pits has usually been a mission because these 125 cc bikes have absolutly NO power below 10,000 RPM and you have to basically rape the clutch till you do about 80kmph. We went on the warm up lap then I let everyone get ahead on the starting grid since i didn't qualify. After 3 months from taking a break from racing, it was finally time to get back into it now. It was time to see how scarry it was going to be to race a 125cc and try to see just how quick these guys could go around corners. The red flag went out and the green flag was dropped. I was just looking at the Tacho and trying to get away from the line as fast as I could. As advised by Hayden I tried his technique but I sort of messed it up a bit cause I felt like the bike was hardly moving. Then I looked up and realised that the rest of the 125s were getting away pretty slowly as well. So I thought, sweet at least I am not the only one who hasn't sussed out the starts on a 125. Out of about 12-14 bikes I was starting from the back and going into Jenean, I over took the people ahead of me who were taking it fairly easily. After a bit of catching up after doing a few laps, I came against this newish black 125 who was quite a bit faster than me on the straights but I was quicker in 2 corners. We then caught up to a yellow bike that Leone Roggers was riding. The guy on the black bike got Leo going into Jenean and then got away. I then had the most fun battle with Leo. We were about the same in a couple of corners and I saw a few places where I could go faster than her so I chased her down. Going over the hill, I was right up her arse (sounds a bit rude lol) and I even experienced the slipstream effect for the first time ever past the front straight but then as soon as I got out of the slipstream, my bike was a bit slower so she got away again. I almost got her many times, then she would pull away again on the straights. Then closer to the end of the race, I thought of finally making my move since I knew exactly where she was slower and I knew exactly what to do. I let her gain some ground on me then I timed it perfectly so I could go full throttle right through castrol with out having to back off. I lined her up and yep, I had a better drive out of castrol and I over took her to get up to 6th. I knew she was just behind me going through the kink and again she past me. I knew I could catch her again on the brakes but was I close enough? Both of us were side by side playing chicken. I had the inside and I should have held my ground and pushed her wide but I again showed my biggest weakness of being too polite and nice on the race track and I backed off. So it was square one and the race was about to end. I did all I could but Leo got me with about a bikes length and I got 7th.

After that the day was called off because of heavy rain. This was a relife because I had no back ups from the slicks I was running.

It was one of the most fun races I have ever done. There were no scarry moments or anything and I wasn't freaking out of highsiding or wahtever like I used to, when I used to push my 600 hard. I was just concentrating on racing with out having to worry about my riding. Which was fun and I think for the future it will help me become a better racer by actually being able to plan my stratigies and plan my lines etc. With my 600 I used to just be in a panic rush where I used to ride hard and pretty good but I was no racer. This is just a begining for me on a 125 and I think I did OK to keep up with Leo who is an experienced racer. I can definetly see how riding a 125cc can do wonders to anyones racing and it can make you a fine tuned racer. Not only just in the riding but I have had to be so much more organised just to set up, maintain and fine tune the 2 stroke just to be able to ride it at it's optimum performance. Normally I am a slack arse but now I have gotten my shit together cause otherwise you basically can't even get out on the track if you are not organised with everything for a 2 stroke GP bike. I reckon a year of racing my 125cc and it should make me a lot better on the 600, when I go back again.

A big big thank you to the main man Mr. Bugjuice!!!!!!!!!!! :not:
He was my chosen pit bitch and wow, he was the best pit crew I have ever had!! Thank you man, you were a great help and you really did make it possible! I will be more than happy to work closely with you and make progress together in racing.

Thank you to Dave for coming along and giving me advise about how to set up the bike. Without your help, obviously we wouldn't have been able to finally get the set up right for Race 1 after having a few hickups in practice. Cheers man, I really appreciate it! :)

Thank you to Cibbychick for offering help and coming along to the race day. I know you didn't get to do much but hey, just being there means you are supporting us, which is great! :niceone:

Thank you to all my other mates who helped out as well and for supporting me. You guys rock!

Can't wait for round 2!

Two Smoker
4th October 2005, 18:15
AWESOME STUFF SUDEEP!!! It was great to see you enjoying yourself out there, and it was an awesome battle you had there with Leo :niceone: Cant wait to see you in the next race :niceone:

crashe
4th October 2005, 18:16
Well done mate..... :first:

PS: I would have been out there at the track on the day to cheer you all on, but I have been laid up with the flu since Friday morning... so I felt that since I felt like shite, I also didnt want to spread my nasty wee germs around.

bugjuice
4th October 2005, 18:18
I had heaps of fun doing it.. thought for the first race, you did really well..

Did you get the exhaust fixed up?
Was also thinking about when we were rolling it into the pits, and it was hard to push - the rear brake had heated up and locked on. That could have happened on the track, which would have been sapping the power. Might be worth checking over imho..

I'd love to continue being your pit bitch.. just say where n when on and off the track, and I'll be there ;)

Cheers Sudeep, and well done again :clap:

FROSTY
4th October 2005, 19:29
BLOODY FANTASTIC MATE :niceone: :niceone: :niceone:
fighting it out with leo --keep in mind she was second? in the club series last year and she's raced overseas.
Sorry I diddn't come say gidday mate I was in my own lil funked out world.
And this is you with NO race time on the 125 --you're gonna be lethal once ya find your groove

GSVR
5th October 2005, 06:45
Good report MR. Stink about the weather. All the best for round 2.

bugjuice
5th October 2005, 09:39
a couple of pics of the set up. Only ones I had time to get in.
Note the irony - Suzuki tent, covering a Honda and two Kawas.
And no, my bike is there out of coincidence. I didn't park it like that on purpose.

Shade
5th October 2005, 16:59
Good on ya Sudeep!!

Leo Rogers is a talented rider, who mixes it with the best of em, so your doing pretty damn well on your first race ever to be up with her!!

Awesome that your having fun too, thats what its all about eh!

Good to see you again man!
Take care

ajturbo
5th October 2005, 20:48
hey good one matey!!!!!!!:spudwave:

photo's next time eh????( yes of cause while you are racing!!!)

Motoracer
5th October 2005, 23:09
Thank you everyone for your supporting words once again! :)

BJ: A little sleve must have kept the exhaust stinger attached to the expansion chamber. Tho I would say that I didn't notice too much difference in the power during the race without the use of the stinger so I guess maybe it's just there to baffle the sound. Me and Dave will get on to it and get it fixed for the next round for sure. The brake is still sorta sticky but I will see why this was so. Will definetly let you know my plans so that we can both plan things out properly for this. Thank you once again Kit!

Attached are a couple of pics to show the evidence. The dodgy bastard on the number 69 would be me chasing Leo on the yellow number 43 bike in pic 1. Pic 2, surprise surprise it's me again going through the fast left before the hill through John deer.

A big thank you to Kirsten (Mrs F/F) for taking the lovely pics on with your flash new camera!! :)

SPORK
6th October 2005, 00:01
Sweet going man!

Buuuuuut, I thought you got the cool ELF racing black RS or something? Or am I missing oot on something?

Well done though!

Motoracer
6th October 2005, 09:08
Sweet going man!

Buuuuuut, I thought you got the cool ELF racing black RS or something? Or am I missing oot on something?

Well done though!

Cheers man :)

The thing is, I have a 1992 RS125. For this bike I have 5 sets of fairings and tons of spares including spare rollingframe etc.

The black elf fairings you see in my profile are the 2000 fairings, which are my best set.

Pukekohe was supposed to be a very wet meeting and since I had never really riden it properly plus it was going to be my first race so I thought I'd play it safe and put on the plain white 1992 fairings on it.

I'll run the bike with the white fairings for a few more meets till I am fully confident with pushing it in wet/dry. Then the 2000 fairings will go back on with some new fuken cool colours that I have desgined!! :niceone:

SPORK
6th October 2005, 09:57
Cheers man :)

The thing is, I have a 1992 RS125. For this bike I have 5 sets of fairings and tons of spares including spare rollingframe etc.

The black elf fairings you see in my profile are the 2000 fairings, which are my best set.

Pukekohe was supposed to be a very wet meeting and since I had never really riden it properly plus it was going to be my first race so I thought I'd play it safe and put on the plain white 1992 fairings on it.

I'll run the bike with the white fairings for a few more meets till I am fully confident with pushing it in wet/dry. Then the 2000 fairings will go back on with some new fuken cool colours that I have desgined!! :niceone:
Aahhhhhh, that makes more sense!

Any preview to what the colours will be?

Motoracer
6th October 2005, 11:00
Any preview to what the colours will be?

That'll just ruine the surprise won't it? Let's just say that I'm pretty arty and into my desgining stuff so I reckon it will look real special and fuken cool. I'll start painting as soon as tempretures are warmer and I'll post up pics when it's done.

I'm in no rush tho. I'd rather impress people by trying to go well on something that looks it's age, rather than go well on something that looks faster and better than it really is.

k14
6th October 2005, 11:59
I'm in no rush tho. I'd rather impress people by trying to go well on something that looks it's age, rather than go well on something that looks faster and better than it really is.
Yeah you need to get rid of those chicken strips first aye :whistle:

bugjuice
6th October 2005, 12:13
it's ok.. we got us some ranch dip.. :msn-wink:

k14
6th October 2005, 12:29
it's ok.. we got us some ranch dip.. :msn-wink:
Yeah I've never had the privilege of having them, let me know how they taste :rofl:

R6_kid
6th October 2005, 14:10
does the new fairing design have the slogan 'i only stop for whores' incorporated in it?

:whistle:

Shade
6th October 2005, 18:47
Man Sudeep -

You look real wierd on such a small bike, hahah. Used to seeing you on the 600!! :)

Motoracer
6th October 2005, 19:29

Stop picking on the n00b eh? :crybaby:

does the new fairing design have the slogan 'i only stop for whores' incorporated in it?

:whistle:

Na dude. lol The last sticker that read that went on my road fairings for the Gixxer. The RS ain't got no pillion seat or pegs so I figured there's no point in doing that. ;)

Man Sudeep -

You look real wierd on such a small bike, hahah. Used to seeing you on the 600!! :)

Imagine a big mutha fuka like Loosebruce riding it around! Lol

Ivan
7th October 2005, 16:22
Hey do you want the spare RS frame cause im interested or do you know anyone with an RS125 rolling chassis

Cibby
10th October 2005, 11:38
Thank you to Cibbychick for offering help and coming along to the race day. I know you didn't get to do much but hey, just being there means you are supporting us, which is great! :niceone:

Hay mate, it was great, i had fun.. any time you need a chick to come along, support you.. stand around.. etc etc

It is has been proven that i am well qualified for the position.. haha

When is the next event?

babyB
10th October 2005, 12:40
cool right-up MR good on ya . good luck next race