PDA

View Full Version : ECU reflashing

jahrasti
9th October 2016, 10:30
I have been looking into ECU reflashing on my zx10.

I am specifically wanting to know what people that have used Triple Z thought of the service and the results.

How did you find their results using the "seat of the pants dyno".

I will be emailing Triple Z directly to discuss what they can do for my bike but am curious as to what people that have had it done thought of the results.

I have looked at Woolich etc but for this post I am specifically wondering about Triple Z.

I don't know much about them, so am just doing a bit of homework prior to handing over the folding.

Chatting to the yanks it seems that not all reflashes are equal, hence my slight trepidation.

tigertim20
9th October 2016, 10:46
buy the kit and do it yourself as many times as you want forever.

I skipped the whole, send the ecu away thing, and just bought the harness. not hard to use at all, and if you want to make other adjustments latter on, it only takes a few mnutes.

cant help you with the triple z thing as I have never heard of them.

nzspokes
9th October 2016, 17:15
Tripple Z has a very good reputation.

mossy1200
9th October 2016, 18:21
Woolich is an option also. I did my zx14r when I had it. At least you can change things when required. They have other people dyno tuned programs you can try . No ongoing costs and you can load yourself several tunes and drop them in anytime you like.
I would use them again if I had another Kwaka that needed a reflash.

jahrasti
12th October 2016, 07:28
Woolich is an option also. I did my zx14r when I had it. At least you can change things when required. They have other people dyno tuned programs you can try . No ongoing costs and you can load yourself several tunes and drop them in anytime you like.
I would use them again if I had another Kwaka that needed a reflash.

Sweet, yea I have been considering them. How did you find loading the reprogrammed maps along with the auto tune function.

mossy1200
12th October 2016, 15:48
Sweet, yea I have been considering them. How did you find loading the reprogrammed maps along with the auto tune function.

I had already had a reflash prior (brocks) and they had locked the ecu out to prevent anyone getting in again so my woolich software had to break the lock out which took 30mins. If yours is factory still wont need that.
Its as easy as open and turn off things you don't want like horsepower limits in 1st and second gear by copy and past 3rd gear map onto 1st and 2nd.
Change stp opening etc.
Or you can download other peoples maps off the website who have same pipe and airfilter etc and load them.
You can load maps over the rain mode maps and have several option on the bike to select also.
Its all very easy and you can change anything you don't like.
Biggest gain for me was removing fuel fault code and unplug exhaust sensor. That alone found 15kph in flying quarter miles.