PDA

View Full Version : Powerball (no, not lotto)

riffer
3rd February 2004, 11:10
Hey all,

have any of you guys tried or used the Powerball Wrist Exerciser?

http://www.boysstuff.co.uk/product.asp?id=10118

When I was working at designworks a couple of years back, one of the guys there was into adventure motorcycling and swore by these to build up your wrist and arm muscles.

I tried it then and it was quite addictive, once you worked out how to use it. Creates a heap of gyroscopic force.

Does anyone know if you can get them in NZ. I think I'd like to try it for a while and see if I can sort out my dodgy wrist (too much guitar over too many years, not what you were thinking you dodgy buggers :msn-wink: ).

Hitcher
3rd February 2004, 11:22
Years ago a mate of mine, who was also into squash at the time, had a wrist and forearm strengthening regime that comprised a 300mm length of broomhandle, about 1m of rope and a 5kg weight. The rope connected the other two items and while watching TV at night my mate used to repeatedly wind up the weight and then unwind it. A low-tech but durable training aid that gave him forearms like Popeye!! And man, could he spank a squash ball...

bluninja
3rd February 2004, 12:17
Years ago a mate of mine, who was also into squash at the time, had a wrist and forearm strengthening regime that comprised a 300mm length of broomhandle, about 1m of rope and a 5kg weight. The rope connected the other two items and while watching TV at night my mate used to repeatedly wind up the weight and then unwind it. A low-tech but durable training aid that gave him forearms like Popeye!! And man, could he spank a squash ball...
Yup, this low tech stuff was what I used when I did judo seriously. It also has the benefit of a little shoulder exercise as well if you put your arms out straight in front as you do it.

To answer your specific question...no sorry don't know if you can get the powerball wrist exerciser in NZ.

Ms Piggy
3rd February 2004, 12:34
Actually I suffer from a little bit of OOS in my wrists & hands (mine is from working in a Call Centre for around 3yrs and now typing essays for Uni) I have noticed that my thumbs are gettin' a little sore from riding...any suggestions? That Power Ball thingee looks quite a good little gimmick though.

wkid_one
3rd February 2004, 13:48
Yup, this low tech stuff was what I used when I did judo seriously. It also has the benefit of a little shoulder exercise as well if you put your arms out straight in front as you do it.

To answer your specific question...no sorry don't know if you can get the powerball wrist exerciser in NZ.
I agree - this is just about the only 'machine' you will see in gyms for the wrists/forearms.

I could go thru a hole raft of forearm exercises like Zottman Curls, Reverse Curls etc from my bodybuilding days - but I won't. As the string, pole and weight works perfectly.