PDA

View Full Version : Handlebar snap

Boostinu13
24th November 2016, 10:51
Hello.

So not had my bike long at all and it dropped on its side. The right handlebar snapped off. I am considering repairing this myself and have just purchased one of these
https://www.hyosungsource.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=69&products_id=365. That should be simple enough. What I am worried about starting is taking the grips/ac accelerator off. I have not attempted it yet, but do I need to know anything? Get anything in particular before I try?

Heard some people mention grip glue, some have said id need new grips, I am not 100% what I need hoping that one part is enough.

Thank you for any help you can give. This has really gutted me.

caspernz
24th November 2016, 10:57
The throttle grip won't need any glue, the whole assembly comes off. If it's just the clip-on that has broken and not the switch block itself it's a fairly quick repair. A picture of the damage always helps...

Boostinu13
24th November 2016, 11:41
That is good to hear. Yes you are right my bad. If it all just comes off and on that would make life so easy.
Sorry about the quality.

caspernz
24th November 2016, 11:44
That's pretty much what I was hoping to see. The replacement clip-on should be all you'd need in this case, and the tools to do the job. We've all had these problems during our learning curve, so don't let it put you off biking :woohoo:

Boostinu13
24th November 2016, 11:49
That you for that and thanks for being supportive re the learing curve as i think people forget. It did rather lower my confidence a dropping it leading to this, but im sure I will get better with practice. Hopefully the part arrives soon.

nzspokes
24th November 2016, 12:25
Think I have a pair of clipons at home for one of those. If I do you can have them.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk

Boostinu13
24th November 2016, 12:26
Think I have a pair of clipons at home for one of those. If I do you can have them.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk

If you do you are amazing :) How much?

nzspokes
24th November 2016, 18:23
If you do you are amazing :) How much?

They are off a Trumpy Daytona but I had them on a 650 hyobag. As long as your forks are 50mm where they clamp on it will work.

Just found em. I work by the airport if thats easier for you, dont want anything for them.

Luckylegs
27th November 2016, 20:39
...Sorry about the quality. Dont be sorry you weren't to know it was a piece of korean rubbish. :lol: