PDA

View Full Version : Aw yeah... stoked.

metric
5th October 2005, 18:06
Finally... after 7+ months commuting on my brother's TR50 streetmagic, just picked up my 1990 ZXR250A... HOLLAH!

Stoked...

interesting ride home tho, was effectively my first time on a 250 (not counting basic handling skills, and once around the block on a '68 250 Puch), raining, rush hour traffic... and on brand spanking new tires.

but I made it...

and am now off to clock up a few more km's!

will post some pics at some stage once I get myself sorted

:headbang:

Jamiepo
5th October 2005, 18:12
How many KM's has it got on it, and how much was it???

The first ride is always the scariest but the most fun!!!

metric
5th October 2005, 18:15
How many KM's has it got on it, and how much was it???

The first ride is always the scariest but the most fun!!!

HELL YES

approx 45km

$2850 (as said... on new tires, new reg, new warrant...) she's a bit scraped up but as I understand the engine's sweet.

A big plug for chris and mike @ Mt Eden Motorcycles... cheers to them for sorting me out.

Right. Off for another one... back in a while later.

Matt Bleck
5th October 2005, 18:17
awesome :niceone: go hard, & get as many km's in as you can. :headbang:

Sparky Bills
5th October 2005, 18:41
SWEET DUDE!
Enjoy. :headbang:

mstriumph
5th October 2005, 18:47
.............. sounds GREAT

enjoy!!! :niceone:

metric
5th October 2005, 22:01
awesome... just got back about a half hour ago (oops :) didn't mean to contravene the terms of my licence - time just slipped away!!

managed to cover about 3/4 of auckland visiting a few friends - howick to town to mt albert and back out east again

bikes rule.

zadok
5th October 2005, 22:05
I'm pleased for you. You'll have a grin on your face for a while. :D :niceone:

SuperDave
5th October 2005, 22:07
Hell yeah the zxr250A's are the shit! I have just had some decent bridgestones fitted but I am still waiting for a dry day where I can take it out and give it hell. The high revs are the best! Is your ZXR the green and blue one with the Masert (sp) exhaust purchased from Mt Eden?

metric
5th October 2005, 22:19
yeah mate that's the one... you know something I don't?

also, bit too scared to rev over 10k at the moment... baby steps... but got on the motorway tho, was chugging along doing 70-80km...

Yeh... not the best weather today to start riding a new bike... got absolutely soaked on the way home from work

SuperDave
6th October 2005, 06:39
yeah mate that's the one... you know something I don't?

also, bit too scared to rev over 10k at the moment... baby steps... but got on the motorway tho, was chugging along doing 70-80km...

You will love it even more when you start to take it over 10k :devil2:
Your bike should be fine mate, these engines are brilliant I reckon, mine has done 116k and the thing still rings its nuts off no problems. Have fun on it, might see you on a ride sometime.

metric
9th October 2005, 08:41
yep

over 10k now

haven't redlined yet - will be a while before I do that

SuperDave
9th October 2005, 08:55
yep

over 10k now

haven't redlined yet - will be a while before I do that

There is no point in taking it over 19.5k. I wouldn't recommend it either.
I shift at 18k the latest.

Sniper
9th October 2005, 09:44
They tend to lose power at 19000 don't they?

Welcome to the bike world mate.

N4CR
9th October 2005, 10:00
Finally... after 7+ months commuting on my brother's TR50 streetmagic, just picked up my 1990 ZXR250A... HOLLAH!

Stoked...

interesting ride home tho, was effectively my first time on a 250 (not counting basic handling skills, and once around the block on a '68 250 Puch), raining, rush hour traffic... and on brand spanking new tires.

but I made it...

and am now off to clock up a few more km's!

will post some pics at some stage once I get myself sorted

:headbang:

Holey shit, same as my first time after paying for the bike and picking it up this year in easter - new tyres and rushour traffic in the rain. Makes you 30% better rider than all the rest starting out that way :lol:

Enjoy the bike... zxr's are nice'uns!!

edit: and it was from mt eden mc as well...

They tend to lose power at 19000 don't they?
Yeah around there they loose it a little, I reckon it could be just getting inneficient up that high or mabey it could be something to do with the valves not being quick enough.... but they get v4 750 hondas up to 22k O_o so there must be some fix for it. Mabey the engine parts are just too small to cope.

R6_kid
9th October 2005, 10:39
if you tap it on to the motorway you wont have any problems going out to atleast 16k before changing gear. That is pretty much peak power, if you do this thru first, second, and then into third you will be sitting on 120kmh+ as you change into 3rd (from memory). After this point i normally change thru all the gears right thru into 6th and cruise at around 8750rpm

metric
10th October 2005, 19:09
Holey shit, same as my first time after paying for the bike and picking it up this year in easter - new tyres and rushour traffic in the rain. Makes you 30% better rider than all the rest starting out that way :lol:

Enjoy the bike... zxr's are nice'uns!!

edit: and it was from mt eden mc as well...

that's pretty classic...

been lovin' it

got to take it in 2mrw to get the clutch sorted out... but I don't wanna!

Had problems starting in the morning, but have it sorted now I think...

oh well