PDA

View Full Version : Vnuking hell!

george formby
22nd December 2016, 14:16
Shirley not? This is ridiculous.

http://www.driven.co.nz/news/news/british-motorsport-under-threat-due-to-eu-ruling/?ref=NZHNetwork

Dadpole
22nd December 2016, 19:53
Be vewy vewy quiet. The pricks over here would love to introduce that.

haydes55
22nd December 2016, 22:32
"Want to go racing this weekend?"

"Nah mate remember that got outlawed"

"Shit that's right, want to come round and commit suicide with me?"

v twin
23rd December 2016, 10:20
Sums up the eu and half the pricks in the U.K system too, I got so much Eco shit hanging of by bike for euro 4 it's not funny. The new refugees will still be allowed to race though, can't descriminate against those guys and they'd probably get given a grant to fund it. +1 for suicide, I choose 3 hookers and heroin

gonzo_akl
30th December 2016, 07:00
http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/racing/european-motorsport-insurance-law-analysis/#more-125991

I came across this article written by David Emmett explaining the background and proposal in more detail.

pritch
6th January 2017, 13:24
Yesterday (?) Boris Johnson posted on Twitter implying it was a good job Britain was leaving the EU bacause of a new compulsory insurance on ride on mowers, golf buggies and quad bikes. This sounds like it is part of the reaction to the misadventures of Mr Vnuk.

The response on Twitter was indignant, creative and immediate. Some thought that his post indicated just how out of touch with ordinary people Johnson is. Residents of council estates will not be the least interested in the cost of insuring golf buggies, ride on mowers, or quad bikes. There were some very quick but humerous cartoons.

I used to think Boris got a bit of a hard time, but after this and his Prosecco comments to the Italian Trade Minister, I'm beginning to understand that it may be richly deserved.

AllanB
6th January 2017, 16:47
My guess we will lose earthquake insurance cover in NZ due to our frequency of big ones and it was only the govt Red Zone bail out that prevented the earthquake insurers from pulling out in 2011.

Wrong again .....

Red Zone had nothing to do with private insurance and all about severely fucked infrastructure and the time and associated costs it would take to reinstate basic public services before a house could be rebuilt.

The private insurance company's NEVER and still do not insure land - however the vast majority of red zoned HOUSES were paid out by the owners private insurance. The owner had the option of either a Govt GV payout for land and house, or land only and sort your house payment with your private insurer.

BUT - you are correct if the country continues to fuck itself with earthquakes there may be exemptions in the same way areas of Aussie cannot get fire or flood insurance on their homes.

AllanB
6th January 2017, 16:49
Hang on - I see racing in the EU is still going on, presumably they are also affected - logic would exempt racing and it is just another example of very poorly written legislation.

Still you can continue to fat around NZ totally uninsured if you like or are big/mean enough.

pritch
7th January 2017, 21:21
When all this began to be discussed here, and in the MotoGP thread, the concern was about a proposed new law. I suspect that it's still in the proposal stage.

People need to watch the European parliament carefully, they come up with some dangerous stuff. There was a proposal for a new law that would create a sort of super warrant of fitness, it would ban any modifications to the power train or brakes. This was being promoted by a German company that, you guessed it, performed safety checks on vehicles. Word got out though and organised motorcycle groups managed to get the proposal killed. Initially when the groups contacted the Brit MEPs none were aware of it. They were all just nodding along.

With MEPs like Nigel Farage who takes the pay but rarely ever attends, it's quite possible something nasty could slip through one day. Of course if Theresa May ever manages to plan a Brexit that probem will go away.