PDA

View Full Version : VTR & Scottoiler

sandman
3rd February 2004, 16:48
I'm about to fita Scottoiler to my VTR

Anybody out there dun it to a VTR ?

I'M looking for some helpful advice... like where's the best place to mount the reservoir ? .....

An the vacuum line... I think I've got it...comes out below the carb body on the engine end...and runs up to this flat square metal thing under the rear of the gas tank..and there's a fuel line from the tank going into the flat thing also and another line comming out..?

Also the oil....Blue or Red... Ive heard that the blue is really for colder places an the red is more suitable for us ?

merv
3rd February 2004, 18:00
Lynda can you put Hamish onto this or does he only do it for gorgeous blondes?

Hitcher
3rd February 2004, 18:03
Also the oil....Blue or Red... Ive heard that the blue is really for colder places an the red is more suitable for us ?

Red?? They do red oil?? That could explain why the blue runs through so quickly. I've got mine set on 2 and it's still a bit rich.

matthewt
3rd February 2004, 20:09

The red oil is for higher temps. I used the red oil on the MV mainly because I located the oil under the seat which is right above the exhausts. Most use blue unless you have a reason not to.

mccool
3rd February 2004, 21:42
Phew, what a relief, a thread with no animations of bouncing tits!

I put the Scottoiler under the saddle, inside the side panel, attached to the subframe on the left side near the loop thing that the saddle locks into. Its almost horizontal but slanty enough to keep it flowing. Its a tight fit but easy to get at/fill and out of sight (they work but threy're ugly).

Yep, thats a vacuum hose running from carb to fuel tap. Its narrower than the others and contains no fluids!

Get the blue oil. The red used to be the one but they changed the viscosity and the colour at the same time to confuse us.

Dunno about the claim that you get 7 times more life from a chain. I got 43k from the original equipment so I suppose its not too bad.

LB
4th February 2004, 05:15
Hi Sandman.

My hubby had a VTR and fitted one. He's in bed snoring his head off right now, so will check later and do a post.

I only found out the other day about different weight oil. I couldn't figure out why my rear tyre (and Hamish's fairing!) got covered in oil spots on hot days.

Hey Merv - what georgous blonde did Hamish fit a scottoiler for???? TELL ME - I want to know!!!

sandman
4th February 2004, 15:55
Many thanks Blackbird , McCool ,Guys & Girls ... my Scottoiler is now installed...correctly I hope...Just got the messy part to do ... priming & adjusting....

Thanks for your tips...... 'aint this a great Site ???? :rockon: :Oi: