PDA

View Full Version : Another new one.... ish

Shanman
3rd January 2017, 21:20
Hey all. New guy from Manawatu. Saw the site and figured what the hell, may as well throw my helmet in the ring.

Just got my licence and started on a 2009 suzuki intruder, bloody comfy bike to ride... just about to tick over 2900km.... so just breaking it in

mojo1444
3rd January 2017, 21:32
Nice one 👍👍 and a nice bike.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

Shanman
3rd January 2017, 21:49
Cheers. Hell of a step up from the old xl200 I used to use on the farm....

Managed to get it for 4000 and to me it was worth every cent.

What's everyone's opinion on them?

And what about decent gear? I have a textile jacket off 1tonne I am using at the moment and will be upgrading the helmet in the very near future, but just want to get a better gauge on what everyone else thinks...

WristTwister
3rd January 2017, 22:04
Leather is usually better than textile but it costs more. Leather jacket, textile pants might be the way to go.
When it comes to helmets, getting a good fit is important so try a few on (and keep them on for a while).

Shanman
3rd January 2017, 22:11
Started with a leather jacket.... till some sphincter loving mole rat decided to aquire it for themselves...

Slowly going to work my way back to one. I've seen some of the helmets with dual visors, tinted aND clear... they any good?

neels
3rd January 2017, 22:12
A textile jacket is acceptable, get some textile pants to match. If your helmet is reasonably recent and fits no need to replace it.

Intruder is a great first bike, enough go to keep you amused, although can limit your thinking to a cruiser for a bigger bike when there are many more options

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Burnie
4th January 2017, 09:25
Welcome!!

I also own a 250cc Intruder and have found it to be a great, although somewhat limited, first bike. I am currently thinking about upgrading to maybe a SV650 or Street Triple. I just have to convince my financial manager :weep: