PDA

View Full Version : AAAaaaaaaaaarrghhhhh

SPman
6th October 2005, 17:02
I've started listening to.........................................country and western music:o

It's just sort of.......snuck up on me.........

I find myself flicking off all the Goth, Thrash and Death Metal, all the Folky stuff, the Electronica and blues and putting on...................willie nelson....patsy cline....waylon jennings.......'Doc' Cook And His 14 Doctors Of Syncopation..... :crybaby:

Is there a cure for this? Will it just naturally run its course, like a bad dose of the flu.........or am I doomed to a future of yodelling cowboys and visions of line dancing..........:sick: :argh:

or is it because i'm now a gixxer rider?

Indiana_Jones
6th October 2005, 17:04
lol, be yourself.................look at me, I'm a mess!..........hmmmmmmmm.......on second thoughts, get some help :D

-Indy

I'll call the exorcist

Skunk
6th October 2005, 17:05
Is there a cure for this? Will it just naturally run its course, like a bad dose of the flu.........or am I doomed to a future of yodelling cowboys and visions of line dancing..........:sick: :argh:

It's the Gixxer coming through...

yungatart
6th October 2005, 17:05
Take two Panadol, then smash every last C&W cd you can get your handson. Failing that, play it backwards-then you'll get your life back!

zadok
6th October 2005, 17:10
You must be sick :doctor:
Mind you, it would have to be a improvement on Goth, Thrash & Death Metal.
Give me 70's & 80's anytime. :headbang:

Indiana_Jones
6th October 2005, 17:13
As far as this case is concerned I have now had time to think it over and I can strongly recommend a course of leeches.....

Just pop one in each ear before you goto bed, and in morning, you'll feel much better..:)

-Indy

ben444
6th October 2005, 17:18
You've obviously been in Milford too long... great place for a ride, get drunk, then leave(next morning of course.. but usually slower)...

Macktheknife
6th October 2005, 17:21
"We got both kinds of music here.... country AND western!"
one of the funniest lines ever in a movie!
Seriously though, listen to it long enough and you will just laugh your self stupid. Somebody shot my dog, ran off with my girl and burnt down my house, I can live without that stuff but dammit the bastards stole my truck! (imagine the accent)
Gotta love them,.... I prefer Garth Brooks myself!

Waylander
6th October 2005, 17:22
Me, atleast it's decent country and not any of that crap from the dixie chicks or leann rhymes....

SARGE
6th October 2005, 17:33
Me, atleast it's decent country and not any of that crap from the dixie chicks or leann rhymes....

Rrr-RRr-Rrrr.. David Allen Coe, Hank Jr, Molly Hatchet, Skynyrd, Blackfoot, the Outlaws ...

wonder if Whisky will fuck my diet

PS> SP.. if you start fucking your sister, its time to get into some New Christy Minstrals or Captian & Tennille

Waylander
6th October 2005, 17:42
Rrr-RRr-Rrrr.. David Allen Coe, Hank Jr, Molly Hatchet, Skynyrd, Blackfoot, the Outlaws ...

wonder if Whisky will fuck my diet

Now that is good country. And Whiskey should be a key feature in any diet.:niceone:

Zed
6th October 2005, 18:01
It's just sort of.......snuck up on me...Hehe, sounds like *life* to me! You know what they say about our likes & dislikes changing as we get older...and wiser?? :confused:

Also, I heard Gixxers gave you that 'Wild Wild West' kinda feeling! :headbang:

riffer
6th October 2005, 18:02
... Whiskey should be a key feature in any diet.:niceone:

heathen redneck :dodge:

Try some single malt and some Piobaireachd ...

Waylander
6th October 2005, 18:05
Heathen Redneck? Well yea but not because of my prefferd drink lol. I'm mearly young and have not had as much time to experiance the finer points of alcolhol as some of you other folks.

SlashWylde
6th October 2005, 18:13
I reccomend the patient take a remedial dose of beer (preferable Monteiths), Jameson Irish Whiskey and six straight hours of Black Label Society, Opeth, Sevendust and Megadeth.

To be administered daily till the patient comes to his senses.

Regards,

Dr R. Soul

:headbang:

Waylander
6th October 2005, 18:18
Sounds like a plan to me.

Riff Raff
6th October 2005, 18:19
I'm seriously worried about you SP!

James Deuce
6th October 2005, 18:23
Roght SP, if you're going to do this, do it properly. PM Paul in NZ and he'll give you stuff to listen to that is as energising as your standard fare.

For a start go git Hayseed Dixie. Check the song list. Then you'll see what I'm saying.

Ms Piggy
6th October 2005, 18:24
I've started listening to.........................................country and western music:o

It's just sort of.......snuck up on me.........

I find myself flicking off all the Goth, Thrash and Death Metal, all the Folky stuff, the Electronica and blues and putting on...................willie nelson....patsy cline....waylon jennings.......'Doc' Cook And His 14 Doctors Of Syncopation..... :crybaby:

There is nooooo cure - hey ya wanna borrow my "Best of Johnny Cash"? ;)

SixPackBack
6th October 2005, 18:25
The Gixxer has nothing to do with it SP. In fact i took the opportunity to call Suzuki this afternoon and explain your predicament......they assured me they would confiscate the Gixxer [as you are plainly not cool] and replace it with GN250 until you come to your senses......

SPman
6th October 2005, 18:40
I think its the 60 straight hours of Black Label Society, Opeth, Sevendust Megadeth. and sundry others, that may have precipitated this crisis! :headbang:

Sarge is giving me some good redneck stuff to OD on - fuck - 20mins of that and I may be cured, after all................

or not :eek:

To the pub :drinkup: :drinkup: :drinkup:

Macktheknife
6th October 2005, 19:24

I'm sorry, some single malt and *bless you*
something obscured by a sneeze? WTF did he say?
Now if you had said Laphroiag I would instantly know what you were on about! :drinkup: :drinkup:

branco
6th October 2005, 19:27
next you'll be looking at harleys and thinking to yourself "hmmmmm nice ride"

marty
6th October 2005, 19:30
now if there's one thing worse than listnening to c & w........

marty
6th October 2005, 19:35
i can just pick it - 290km/h up the silverdale m/w, ding a ling ding ding ding ding ding ding, ding a ling ding ding ding ding ding ding on the i-pod in the helmet.....

SPORK
6th October 2005, 19:39
The correct cure for this is a buckshot to the brain. Failing that, listening to Children of
Bodom. Then Steve Vai. Then Metallica.

Rinse and repeat.

Dadpole
6th October 2005, 19:53
You can borrow my collection:

"Don't Cry On My Shoulders Cause You're Rustin' My Spurs"
"Drop-kick me, Jesus, through the Goal posts of Life."
"Here's a Quarter, Call Someone Who Cares."
"How Can I Miss You If You Won't Go Away?"
"How Can You Believe Me When I Say I Love You When You Know I've Been A Liar All My Life?"
"I Been Roped and Throwed by Jesus in the Holy Ghost Corral."
"I Can't Love Your Body if Your Heart's Not In It"
"I Don't Know Whether to Kill Myself or Go Bowling."
"I Fell In A Pile Of You, And Got Love All Over Me"
"I Flushed You From The Toilets Of My Heart."
"I Hate Every Bone In Your Body Except Mine"
"I Meant Every Word That He Said"
"I Wish I Were In Dixie Tonight, But She's Out of Town."
"I Would Have Writ You A Letter, But I Couldn't Spell Yecch!"
"I Wouldn't Take Her To A Dawg Fight, Cause I'm Afraid She'd Win"
"I'd Rather Have a Bottle in Front of Me than a Frontal Lobotomy."
"I'll Get Over You, as Soon as You Get Out From Under Him"
"I'm Gonna Hire a Wino to Decorate our Home."
"I'm Just A Bug On The WIndshield of Life."
"I'm So Miserable Without You, It's Like Having You Here"
"I've Got Tears in My Ears From Lying on My Back in My Bed 'n' Cryin' Over You."
"If I Can't Be Number One In Your Life, Then Number Two On You"
"If It's Got To Be Later, How 'Bout Later Tonight?"
"If She Puts Lipstick On My Dipstick, I'll Fall In Love"
"If You Don't Leave Me Alone, I'll Go And Find Someone Else Who Will"
"Learning to Live Again is Killing Me."
"My Every Day Silver Is Plastic"
"My Head Hurts, My Feet Stink, and I Don't Love Jesus"
"My Wife Ran Off With My Best Friend, And I Sure Do Miss Him"
"Oh, I've Got Hair Oil on My Ears, and My Glasses are Slipping Down, but Baby I Can See Through You."
"Oh, Lord! It's Hard to be Humble When You're Perfect in Every Way"
"Please Bypass This Heart"
"She Got the Gold Mine, and I Got the Shaft"
"She Got the Ring, I Got the Finger."
"She's Got Freckles On Her, But She's Pretty"
"She's Out Doing What I'm Here Doing Without."
"Swing Wide Your Gate of Love"
"Thank God and Greyhound She's Gone"
"There Ain't No Waste in My Baby's Love Canal"
"They May Put me in Prison, but They Can't Stop My Face from Breakin' Out."
"When the Phone Don't Ring, Baby, you'll Know it's me."

Motu
6th October 2005, 19:54
My wife just joined the Country Music Club :mellow:

I like country,but it's gotta have attitude,this guy had some attitude....

idb
6th October 2005, 20:15
I've read threads on this forum where people 'fess up to havin' crabs, drinkin' too much, smokin' dope, takin' hard drugs, an' otherwise bein' sad individuals but buddy....you take the cake.
Self respect has got to give you some threshold beyond which you will not cross and I woulda thought 'fessin' up to the world that you listen to C&W - well mista....that just ain't right!

My keyboard has run out of apostrophes!!!

SlashWylde
6th October 2005, 22:32
Oh dear, I think I'm in need of some of my own medicine. I just got back from band practice. Apparently my band "Mithril" shares some tonal similarities with "Lacuna Coil" and "Nightwish"; having a female vocalist doing the nice melodic singing and me singing the growly dark parts whilst playing guitar.

So my bandmates thought it would be a good idea to learn a couple of their songs to extend ourselves and learn a new tonality that might influence our own writing.

Lacuna was OK. We learned "Heavens a Lie" and "Swamped". THe guitar parts are pretty boring and it literally only took a couple runs through to memorise the rhythm parts. THe male vocal part was OK and is good practice, but I'm not really into girly pop-metal.

But I'm sorry, Nightwish's "Wish I had an Angel" is just a bit too operatic White Metal for me. Granted, I do like "Symphony X" but then Russell Allen and Michael Romeo kick ass!!

I mean come on, no serious metal band plays in E these days. Ya gotta tune down to D C or even A to get a decent chugging rhythm part going. :headbang:

Oh well, I'll go and listen to some Black Label whilst I wind down with a glass of 10yr old Bushmills. That'll put me right.

Rock on...

Waylander
6th October 2005, 22:35
Lol Lacuna Coil may be boring to play but sure is fun to listen to. Gonna have to show up at one of your gigs now to hear your version of it lol.

Lias
6th October 2005, 22:47
The odd bit of Cuntry n Western is alright. Alot of its arse thou, you can only listen to hearing about the dudes dog dying, and his missus running off so many times.

Mostly I listen to Johnny Rebel, Johnny Cash, & David Allen Coe. Quite dig Michael Doucet/Beausoleil, which isn't really country and western but I guess is kinda related.

SPman
6th October 2005, 23:39
.. David Allen Coe
Yup - Sarge pointed me in that direction - think it made the breakthrough - Ill take some D A C with Jack, and should be better in the morning. If I put on Elend - The Umbersun, quietly in the background whilst sleeping.........no shit - not that - I may never wake up!:devil2:

SARGE
7th October 2005, 06:37

i actually prefer Single Malt (generic term i use for WHISKEY)

SP.. get into the Southern Rock like Skynyrd, Molly Hatchet, etc

cmon. fess up.. you went and saw Dukes of Hazzard didnt ya

Lou Girardin
7th October 2005, 07:35
My wife just joined the Country Music Club :mellow:

I like country,but it's gotta have attitude,this guy had some attitude....

I'm with you there Motu, he's the only country artist I'll listen to.
Especially 'Hurt'. The vid for this damn near brings tears to my eyes.

Riff Raff
7th October 2005, 07:53
You can borrow my collection:
And don't forget the ultimate C&W song (as played on Hauraki on April Fools Day 2004):

If you really love me, you'll help me scrape the mucous from my brain.

James Deuce
7th October 2005, 07:57
I'm with you there Motu, he's the only country artist I'll listen to.
Especially 'Hurt'. The vid for this damn near brings tears to my eyes.

Arrrrrrr. (Manly acknowledgement of poofter feelings)

Hitcher
7th October 2005, 08:04
Is there a cure for this? Will it just naturally run its course, like a bad dose of the flu... or am I doomed to a future of yodelling cowboys and visions of line dancing
Welcome to the Dark Side. Next you will discover that there is more to Country music than yodelling and people wailing about the night their dog died or ran off with their sister. Buy some Eagles. Buy Hayseed Dixie's albums. I'm really into Bluegrass at the moment and have nearly completed my collection of Alison Kraus and Union Station. The soundtrack from "Oh brother where art thou?" is outstanding. Dixie Chicks are great fun. But there are other Country genres as well. Garth Brooks is listenable and quite commercial. Older stuff I also really like is Mink De Ville and Tom Petty.

SARGE
7th October 2005, 10:03
Older stuff I also really like is Mink De Ville and Tom Petty.

Eagles rock, but Tom Petty is Country?>??>>?>>??

try some New Riders of the Purple Sage too SP ,...Little Feat, Blackfoot, Charlie Daniels, Marshall Tucker band, Pure Prairie League, Doobie Brothers, Allman Brothers, .38 special, Rossington Collins Band

man.. screw it .. just pop into work when yr in the area.. im gonna rip you a CD

jrandom
7th October 2005, 10:12
The soundtrack from "Oh brother where art thou?" is outstanding.

seconded.

post too short, so I'll third it as well.

kerryg
7th October 2005, 10:18
Eagles rock, but Tom Petty is Country?>??>>?>>??

try some New Riders of the Purple Sage too SP ,...Little Feat, Blackfoot, Charlie Daniels, Marshall Tucker band, Pure Prairie League, Doobie Brothers, Allman Brothers, .38 special, Rossington Collins Band

man.. screw it .. just pop into work when yr in the area.. im gonna rip you a CD

Gillian Welch, John Hiatt, Steve Earle (although he's not strictly acceptable 'cos he's a bit anti-slaughtering-ragheads), Bonnie Raitt, Emmy Lou Harris....that's music :2thumbsup

Yeah and as Hitcher said that soundtrack from O Brother Where Art Thou rocks

SPman
7th October 2005, 14:41
Yeah and as Hitcher said that soundtrack from O Brother Where Art Thou rocks
the movie was brilliant!
Allman Brothers! Little Feat! New Riders of the Purple sage! Charlie Daniells! They's country???
in that case I been listenin t' country for yeeeeears! Even seen some of those dudes play!
Yee Ha!

SARGE
7th October 2005, 15:11
the movie was brilliant!
Allman Brothers! Little Feat! New Riders of the Purple sage! Charlie Daniells! They's country???
in that case I been listenin t' country for yeeeeears! Even seen some of those dudes play!
Yee Ha!

NOT STRICTLY cOUNTRY... BUT BERTTER THAN THAT TEAR IN MY BEER SHIT

Motu
7th October 2005, 16:23
I like old country too - just a guitar and a fag stuck on the lip stuff...Hank Williams,Woody Guthry,Arlo is bad on a good day,the old nasal Aussie and Kiwi stuff,basic,back to real life.Willy Nelson wore a bloody hole in the sound board of his guitar! that's like putting a million miles on your bike - there's a lot more to Willy than Stardust,he wrote a shitload of songs that others sing,Like Patti Page with Cryin'.

What I see in country singers,and jazz singers these days,especially the girls is that they sing! ,no one sings these days....like,y'know...notes and stuff,holding one for a few seconds,putting feeling into it,that's what music is all about to me,so yeah,put some Emmy Lou on and feel real good,mellow.

Drum
7th October 2005, 16:32
I must also admit to a being a closet C&W fan. Waylon Jennings, Conway Twitty, Glen Campell. I feel dirty. So dirty.

Phurrball
7th October 2005, 16:39
I must also admit to a being a closet C&W fan. Waylon Jennings, Conway Twitty, Glen Campell. I feel dirty. So dirty.

Drum - you've swiped your Muldoon avatar off the cover of Gustafson's biography of him, haven't you? (Yeah, yeah - :Offtopic: I know, some C&W is OK - in limited and specific doses...)

Hitcher
9th October 2005, 15:32
What I see in country singers,and jazz singers these days,especially the girls is that they sing! ,no one sings these days....like,y'know...notes and stuff,holding one for a few seconds,putting feeling into it,that's what music is all about to me,so yeah,put some Emmy Lou on and feel real good,mellow.
I saw some obese islanders with squiffy hats, chin beards and way too much bling telling some news reporter after the so-called New Zealand music awards that the future of "music" was hip hop. Speechless I was rendered momentarily...

Indiana_Jones
9th October 2005, 16:02
those things do sneak up on you, I only brought the 'top gun' and 'footloose' soundtracks for one or two songs on each cd, but when i listen to the others it was like 'holy f*ck, that's pretty cool....' and it so it begins :D

*runs of dancing to 'Never' by Moving pictures....*

-Indy

MSTRS
10th October 2005, 12:29
I felt this thread couldn't be considered complete without......
http://www.lunacytoons.com/titties.html

Back Fire
10th October 2005, 13:28
I felt this thread couldn't be considered complete without......
http://www.lunacytoons.com/titties.html

:killingme :killingme :rofl: :rofl:

omg that is priceless

Back Fire
10th October 2005, 13:38
OK... I've decided I don't like that thing anymore... I can't stop playing it.... I'll be singing that for weeks now :wacko: