PDA

View Full Version : metzler mc4 in sand what they like?

Triki
3rd February 2004, 22:02
any one tried the metzler mc4 rear in the sand?

Firefight
4th February 2004, 08:21
any one tried the metzler mc4 rear in the sand?

Yeah regarded as the best Metzler for sand, other good choice Bridgstone N26,, or Dunlop D773.. don,t forget the key to sand rideing is tyre pressure.

firefight, :scooter:

Triki
5th February 2004, 09:52
cool, yeah i have been rideing out at woodhill on my cr250 with the mc6 rear that it came with, running about 5psi and i still have trouble getting it to hook up, it was a real bitch in the super bowle, but i dont want to go paddle, so i want something thats good in sand but also with winter on its way good for mud to. Did ya know pirelli ownes metzeler? do you know if Pirelli's sandcross tyre is any good.

Firefight
5th February 2004, 11:28
cool, yeah i have been rideing out at woodhill on my cr250 with the mc6 rear that it came with, running about 5psi and i still have trouble getting it to hook up, it was a real bitch in the super bowle, but i dont want to go paddle, so i want something thats good in sand but also with winter on its way good for mud to. Did ya know pirelli ownes metzeler? do you know if Pirelli's sandcross tyre is any good.

Yeah good move re sand paddles, to dangerous at woodhill, the metal forest roads kill them anyway, A guy I used to ride with used the sand cross tyre don't think he liked it that much.

Have you tried sand paddles up at the bombing range,? thats were there best suited . :sly:

firefight.

Triki
10th February 2004, 21:02
Yeah good move re sand paddles, to dangerous at woodhill, the metal forest roads kill them anyway, A guy I used to ride with used the sand cross tyre don't think he liked it that much.

Have you tried sand paddles up at the bombing range,? thats were there best suited . :sly:

firefight.

paddles good for the super bowle, i ended up getting a Dunlop D773, rode on it today, but i think my clutch is on its way out, at first i thought it was the tyre spinning but its the bottom end and off idle, theres no power goin down till mid throttle.