PDA

View Full Version : 2003 VTR 250 Main Fuse keeps blowing

Oliver12345
17th March 2017, 20:54
Hi everybody

So I have a 2003 VTR250 motorbike (naturally) that has an electrical problem.

The bike cut out randomly as i was riding it and all electronics turned off. I went straight for the fuses and noticed the 30A main fuse was blown. So i went to change it but as soon as i put the fuse in and reconnect the connecter to it, The fuse pops immediately before i can even turn the key.

A mate mentioned it could be a short and i was wondering if anyone else has some insight to diagnosing the issue.

Thanks

FJRider
17th March 2017, 21:22
Hi everybody

So I have a 2003 VTR250 motorbike (naturally) that has an electrical problem.

The bike cut out randomly as i was riding it and all electronics turned off. I went straight for the fuses and noticed the 30A main fuse was blown. So i went to change it but as soon as i put the fuse in and reconnect the connecter to it, The fuse pops immediately before i can even turn the key.

A mate mentioned it could be a short and i was wondering if anyone else has some insight to diagnosing the issue.

Thanks

If I may quote you ... the "A mate mentioned it could be a short" could be correct. So ... all YOU need to do is find out WHERE ... :laugh: Good luck with that.

Take it to an AUTO-SPARKY and let him/her do their job. Any replies (here) as to your issue will be pure guesswork.

F5 Dave
18th March 2017, 09:28
Pure guesswork. Except should be a fairly short search as its on the non switched cct.

Try unplug the starter solenoid on all sides and try again.