PDA

View Full Version : Roadsafe gold

awayatc
25th March 2017, 05:52
Partaking in roadsafe's riders course in New Plymouth today.
Not often I can plan on something bike related ashore for trips off....
Looking forward to this 8 hour riding experience and will post my thoughts afterwards.. ...

awayatc
26th March 2017, 07:07
Good that some of that extra rego money goes back to bikers.....
So I would like that concept to stay in place as long as we are gettin "targeted"
(My whole day yesterday was free)

6 riders on the course....plus a dedicated bike riding instructor.
2 trumpies an FZR a vstrom an Indian and my Valkyrie.

New plymouth weather changed between going to rain, light rain and heavy rain.....as per usual.
Meeting at 09.00 in town,then a wee toodle across town and various backroads to instructors classroom for introductions and bike riding presentations.
Coffee break, and off to Bell block parking lot for braking exercises. ...
Rear brake only , front brake only, both brakes , and emergency stops.
Some cone weaving and tight curve manoeuvring.

Buying lunch in Bell block and back to classrooms.

After lunch a ride through Taranaki back roads. ..
Great roads with various typical backcountry curves and turns....roadsurfaces, and differing degrees of summer downpour..

Back to classrooms for evaluation.

Pleasant and knowledgeable instructor, nice mix of riders,

Good to be focusing on riding skills for the day, it will have ongoing effects in my day to day riding.

Would happily do it again once a year or so.....

pritch
26th March 2017, 09:52
That's pleasing to read, and seemingly a much more successful day than one I attended.

awayatc
26th March 2017, 13:00
Just a wee funny aside.....
On way back near home I get to the roundabout and see a car from my left giving all the right/wrong signals as to intentions to obey correct give way rules.

So suitably prepared for the inevitable fuck up about to happen...I release the full fury of faithful Stebel horn while slowing down at same time to avoid impact...with perfectly timed safe near miss mid roundabout.

I know it's childish....
But my mid downpour grin got just a bit bigger....

Zedder
26th March 2017, 13:16
On way back near home I get to the roundabout and see a car from my left giving all the right/wrong signals as to intentions to obey correct give way rules.

So suitably prepared for the inevitable fuck up about to happen...I release the full fury of faithful Stebel horn while slowing down at same time to avoid impact...with perfectly timed safe near miss mid roundabout.

I know it's childish....

I had a grin after reading that.

george formby
26th March 2017, 13:35

I know it's childish....

So the Stebel "wake up" horn could be re-christened Morning Glory?

AllanB
26th March 2017, 14:58
Good to read. I've a flyer floating around that I've been ignoring, picking up, ignoring.